Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I'm not a Virgo, but an Aries...and in the Chinese zodiac I'm the sheep as well so that's a bit odd...

Side note today is my great nephew's birthday, he's 1 today...

Ok.

This was better then the previous made it seem. Specially for Pete's moment and the big come back in the end. I still really hate the CB costume and the art...I mean, the backgrounds are gorgeous but I don't like how the characters look.

As for the writing, this issue felt more solid, more balanced as characters moments go....I still don't love Betsy's or Gambit's voices in this but their atitute were better this time around. Rictor still feels like a totally different character for me though.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 07-14-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not a Virgo, but an Aries...and in the Chinese zodiac I'm the sheep as well so that's a bit odd...

Side note today is my great nephew's birthday, he's 1 today...
    https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...now-her-04.gif Though i can cluck like a chicken.

Happy Birthday to your great nephew. I'm not really into zodiacs but given the date some of the best people i know are cancers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

She's got a real handle on post Brexit Britain. The ruling party in the UK just now are really tied up in a racism scandal, they're an ultra right wing party full of bigots of every kind.

What has happened is that they've been encouraging, for weeks, football supporters to boo the national team when they take the knee as an anti-racist stance before each game. They've finally been called out on their racism by some of the footballers and people on social media, it's about to get ugly here I think.

The entire feel of this book over the last few issues, for me, has captured perfectly this oppressive feeling in the country now. She has my respect for the way she's writing this comic.

For me, this is the kind of thing X-Men comics should be doing, yes it's fiction, but it parallels real life and highlights bigotry.

Another excellent issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Do we know why Merlyn, Roma, and Otherworlders are suddenly calling mutants "witchbreed" yet? Maybe I missed something in this series but I don't remember them ever referring to Excalibur (Rachel, Kitty, Meggan, or Kurt) mutants as witchbreed.
    Witchbreed(Earth-311)

This book keeps getting better and better post X of Swords.

The most interesting plot points are all based on Braddock Drama, old Captain Britain mythos and classic excalibur callbacks.

Strike is a great swerve, I'm hoping for an Alistaire Stuart or Dai Thomas cameo next.

This issue made me care for Pete Wisdom of all people, the me who first read late 90's Excalibur would be shocked to hear I now like the character.

I don't really care for Gambit or Jubilee as characters but they are barely involved in adavancing plots, they must only be keeping on the team to help sales by this point?

I'm just going to say it before i head out for the night. This. Book. Needs. Wanda. Maximoff. I could only imagine that scene with merlin if she was there. whoo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    What's the point of Merlin having Arthur?

Like Morgan Le Fay's entire rampage was cause Arthur was gone... and Merlin just has him in a cage for... reasons?
    Exactly. I ain’t gotta to explain a thing, it’s Merlyn.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    I don't really care for Gambit or Jubilee as characters but they are barely involved in adavancing plots, they must only be keeping on the team to help sales by this point?
    Jubilee is so inconsequential to this issue that this was the first post mentioning her in the thread. I don't know if I'm forgetting something from earlier issues, but I have no idea what role she serves on the team other than Shogo turns into a dragon.

Otherwise, fun issue. I really liked the Wisdom and STRIKE storyline.

They need to do an arc where Excalibur are trapped in a giant otherworld mall so Jubilee can be useful for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They need to do an arc where Excalibur are trapped in a giant otherworld mall so Jubilee can be useful for a change.
    She can go have fun in the Crooked Market. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Jubilee is so inconsequential to this issue that this was the first post mentioning her in the thread. I don't know if I'm forgetting something from earlier issues, but I have no idea what role she serves on the team other than Shogo turns into a dragon.

Otherwise, fun issue. I really liked the Wisdom and STRIKE storyline.
    Honestly Tini just isn't interested in writing Jubilee or Gambit and it shows. Same with Rogue, Duggan asked to use her on his team and she pretty much said "here ya go!" It's not like she had any plans or character arc planned put for her or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    This book keeps getting better and better post X of Swords.

The most interesting plot points are all based on Braddock Drama, old Captain Britain mythos and classic excalibur callbacks.

Strike is a great swerve, I'm hoping for an Alistaire Stuart or Dai Thomas cameo next.

This issue made me care for Pete Wisdom of all people, the me who first read late 90's Excalibur would be shocked to hear I now like the character.

It would be great to see Alistaire again. He would fit right in and reconnecting with Wisdom would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    She can go have fun in the Crooked Market. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.
    I love this idea. I hope we see more of the realms because many of them sounded interesting in XoS.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Solid issue today, art was great and the plot has me hooked. I love seeing more of the courts of Otherworld. I really hope this book is just about exploring all the lands we’ve seen and maybe some we haven’t.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Thank God Beast wasn't being....well, Beast.

I want to preface my complaints with saying that this is definitely one of the better issues of Excalibur. The only STRIKE I was aware of was the mobile game that's out now, so if they were supposed to be a big deal it was lost on me. Krakoa really doesn't need MORE telepaths who do nothing.

The problem for me has always been the laughable attempts at politics and relationships between nations. Pete Wisdom is still a British citizen, and there's no way what Akkaba did was sanctioned or known by the government. Bringing back a British psy-ops team would be a national security nightmare for the UK, so that's just weirdly not thought through. And there are already a ton of telepaths, Betsy included, so I'm not sure what it accomplishes. Not to mention Rictor's actual act of war last issue gets no mention anywhere.

The people of Otherworld are portrayed as jerks for having totally justifiable anger at everything mutants have been doing in the Otherworld. And Betsy continues fighting as Captain Britain against all the people she's supposed to be protecting. This series is just so weird.