Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah I didt really get the point of that either. When its low tide its still close enough.

How far did the issue say it was off the coast?
    Yeah it was a desperation move, not well thought out. It doesn't really say how far off the coast it is.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't think anybody is declaring war on either side personally. I think Pete is going to be sneaky about getting Clan Akkaba out of parliament though. Nothing matches what Pete is facing because resurrection isn't a real thing either.
    But isn't that exactly what they're doing? The head of Coven Akkaba and a UK ambassador has supposedly killed a Krakoan citizen (Pete Wisdom). Which if Krakoa was so inclined could find that grounds for a declaration of war. Now Pete Wisdom has been resurrected and put together a paramilitary team to take revenge on Coven Akkaba/UK Government for his death and could be seen as an agent of the Krakoan government attacking a sovereign nation leading to a declaration of war.

Your right no one is calling for it and I doubt they will. I don't Tini's going that deep with this, but there are so many political implications with what is happening in Excalibur that it's hard not to hypothesise.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    The head of Coven Akkaba and a UK ambassador has supposedly killed a Krakoan citizen (Pete Wisdom).
    What is the meaning of killing someone who is virtually immortal?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Yeah explain that difference to Pete Wisdom, he seems to be taking it kinda personally.

Yeah explain that difference to Pete Wisdom, he seems to be taking it kinda personally.
    An unpleasant but fleeting moment to get through?…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

But isn't that exactly what they're doing? The head of Coven Akkaba and a UK ambassador has supposedly killed a Krakoan citizen (Pete Wisdom). Which if Krakoa was so inclined could find that grounds for a declaration of war. Now Pete Wisdom has been resurrected and put together a paramilitary team to take revenge on Coven Akkaba/UK Government for his death and could be seen as an agent of the Krakoan government attacking a sovereign nation leading to a declaration of war.

Your right no one is calling for it and I doubt they will. I don't Tini's going that deep with this, but there are so many political implications with what is happening in Excalibur that it's hard not to hypothesise.
    Don’t forget that mutant resurrection is not public knowledge (as confirmed in Gerry Duggan’s X-Men #1 last week). So that makes any political implications of the murder a little more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    They killed him for their spell and they don't know about the resurrections. It's not common knowledge... yet.

He's taking it personally because he tried keeping the peace between the Coven and Excalibur. He chose Britain over Krakoa and ended up dying for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If we talk hypothetically then yes, war between the 2 countries would seem like a possibility for certain. I think Krakoa would be unwise to do something so early into statehood though especially given that Pete is already back. However the UK being shown the way it currently is could probably demand some sanctions from the UN as a start and escalate from there. The tricky part for Krakoa would be justifying retaliation for Pete’s death since he’s still around.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

Countries going to war over a single dude getting killed hardly seems like normal realpolitick. I like Pete Wisdom, but he's no Duke Ferdinand.

Plus, from what I've seen, he actually chose to remain a British citizen, not a Krakoan citizen. Or does Krakoa just draft all mutants worldwide and declare them Krakoan citizens no matter what they choose or want, like that church that baptises the dead of other religions to 'claim' them for their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Countries going to war over a single dude getting killed hardly seems like normal realpolitick. I like Pete Wisdom, but he's no Duke Ferdinand.

Plus, from what I've seen, he actually chose to remain a British citizen, not a Krakoan citizen. Or does Krakoa just draft all mutants worldwide and declare them Krakoan citizens no matter what they choose or want, like that church that baptises the dead of other religions to 'claim' them for their own?
    Seems about as nit picky as going to war over an acre or so of land right? Krakoa gave all mutants citizenship when it was created, but they don’t force them to come to Krakoa or even recognize it’s existence.

Its not. In terms of real world politics, 'a bit of land' literally is considered more important than the life of the average citizen. Especially if that bit of land has something important on it like the lighthouse. And even if the Braddock family owned the lighthouse and the land, they don't have the right to give it to another country.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its not. In terms of real world politics, 'a bit of land' literally is considered more important than the life of the average citizen. Especially if that bit of land has something important on it like the lighthouse. And even if the Braddock family owned the lighthouse and the land, they don't have the right to give it to another country.
    Let's just agree to disagree on this subject.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

The death of Tom. Betsy is gonna be over the moon to see him and the others!

What do they mean when they say "Humor:" Then list a color? I've not seen humor used in this kind of context with color.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    What do they mean when they say "Humor:" Then list a color? I've not seen humor used in this kind of context with color.
    I think they meant to say "humour". Honestly though, no idea.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    I think they mean humours, as in sanguine, phlegmatic, black bile, yellow bile.