Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default sinister war 1 review

Yeah this feels like the begininhg of the conclusion Spencer's run alright. We have Peter bringing up the marriage proposal again. We got the reveal of Mysterio and MJ working together. Plus Mj had a nice burn for Peter regarding reform villians. More Doctor Stange and Mephisto alluding to OMD. And last page is all 5 enemy teams jumping Peter cant wait to see how that will play out. Also the events from issue 29 til now only has been a month real time is kinda funny
    Last edited by Jman27; 07-14-2021 at 06:43 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah this feels like the begininhg of the conclusion Spencer's run alright. We have Peter bringing up the marriage proposal again. We got the reveal of Mysterio and MJ working together. Plus Mj had a nice burn for Peter regarding reform villians. More Doctor Stange and Mephisto alluding to OMD. And last page is all 5 enemy teams jumping Peter cant wait to see how that will play out. Also the events from issue 29 til now only has been a month real time is kinda funny
    Haven't read it yet but 1 month.
    Holy sh*t, reminds me of how all of USM was like under a year.

Man please for the love of god just give the guy a vacation.
    All that fighting and mind-f*ckery in 1 month,
    I mean..... this is gonna take me a second to comprehend.

Marriage proposal brought up again?

I’m in!

Damn I’m so easily influenced and gullible when it comes to Peter/MJ and the marriage. I know I’m setting myself up for suffering lol.

Dunno, everything's seem out of place somehow. Last Remains was a far better setup for reveal, but let's see where this goes.

Incredible issue, non-stop action and A LOT of teasing regarding OMD/proposal.
    Now it's all up to Spencer, can he wrap his run in a nicely, satisfying manner or it will be a hot mess with a lot of questions left unanswered? Only time will tell. I am trying to be optimistic.

Extraordinary Member

So much good

Again Pete a little lowballed in his speed and agility.He works best when fighting multiple foes but everything else is great.
    Also I hope they don't brush past MJ keeping the Mysterio secret.She better have a damn good reason for it.That's messed up.

Fantastic Member

Excellent issue.

One thing I do hope, however, is Pete finally getting one-up on Kindred. It's time for Harry to go down, hard.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Dunno, everything's seem out of place somehow. Last Remains was a far better setup for reveal, but let's see where this goes.
    Out of place in what way? We’ve literally had about 70+ issues of set up for this story.

Man oh man, what an issue. All this in the first #1, we've got 3 SW + 4 ASM, 7 issues left, plus the last one is triple size, so 9 issues of space content-wise?

Ok, yes, there is enough time to address everything and give satisfactory conclusion. LET'S GO.

Perhaps I could have written it better.
    My point is, this great Sinister Battle royale doesn't quite fit in story with Kindred, Mephisto and OMD. Seeing so many opponents attacking Spider-Man is epic, but it just looks kinda weird to me.
    Cemetery, crypt, corpse of Peter's relatives in Last Remains? It made for a more correct climate. I know Kindred has planned it all and the puzzle starts to connect the pieces. This is just the first issue, the whole thing has great potential for development, so I'm far from judging it yet, but for now it feels weird to me.

Still, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Maybe I just forgot or haven’t paid enough attention with Spencer’s run being all over the place but was the body that Carlie discovered in the morgue ever confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Maybe I just forgot or haven’t paid enough attention with Spencer’s run being all over the place but was the body that Carlie discovered in the morgue ever confirmed?
    yeah last issue it was Harry's.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah last issue it was Harry's.
    Ah ok.
    Cool thanks.Haven’t read the last couple.

Extraordinary Member

Okay so 2 questions

1)Who is the cyborg on page 10?

2)Does the last panels with Strange and Mephsito have a hidden meaning.Red or Black?As in Back in Black.And the game with luck and chances

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Okay so 2 questions

1)Who is the cyborg on page 10?

2)Does the last panels with Strange and Mephsito have a hidden meaning.Red or Black?As in Back in Black.And the game with luck and chances
    Mendell Stromm. He lost his body in Spider-Man 27 and 28 back in 2001. All that was left was his head. Kindred killed him in issue 5 of this volume.

Roulette colors are red and black. I assume red is for Mephisto because of obvious reasons.