Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So when did Scorpion get his original costume back? And I know in the last few issues there were backup stories following doc oc as he recruited everyone to join the sinister 6 again but it seems like they skipped Scorpion? And were there stories showing the other teams forming or did that happen off panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    So when did Scorpion get his original costume back? And I know in the last few issues there were backup stories following doc oc as he recruited everyone to join the sinister 6 again but it seems like they skipped Scorpion? And were there stories showing the other teams forming or did that happen off panel?
    Scorpion's whole status is a mess haha. He showed up early in this run a few times but then in Cates' Venom he got his spine broken and then he got stuck in an alternate universe and we never hear how he came back- it's impressive how bizarre that's been not handled at all lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Scorpion's whole status is a mess haha. He showed up early in this run a few times but then in Cates' Venom he got his spine broken and then he got stuck in an alternate universe and we never hear how he came back- it's impressive how bizarre that's been not handled at all lol.
    Well, this issue stated only a month has passed since issue #29. Whereas Venom has had significant time jumps in its narrative under Cates.

The Scorpion thing really needs to be addressed. It is times like these I really wish editorial was tighter like it was in the 80s when notes in issues actually helped reader to know where the hell it stood in the present timeline.

Scorpion was always part of Vulture's Savage Six so I think they're just ignoring Venom continuity.

Astonishing Member

You know? Things are getting very horrible for Spidey here, but there's still a wildcard in this story that everyone seems to have forgotten: The Green Goblin.

As you know, the Sin-Eater absorbed the sins AND powers from several characters, including Mr Negative and Norman Osborn. After the defeat of the Sin-Eater, the sins and the powers returned to their owners... Or most of them. In Mr Negative's case, Martin Li was running away from the essence of Mr Negative; now looking like a "symbiote-thing" kind of creature. In the end, it merged once again with Martin Li. Now, if this happened to Martin Li, that means it must have happened to Norman Osborn too. For the time being, Norman Osborn is still purified. If this is the case, the question here is: Where is the essence of the Green Goblin and why it hasn't return to Norman Osborn like Mr Negative did with Martin Li?

The Green Goblin must be somewhere, and I highly doubt we have get ridden of it. It has to be somewhere, possibly enjoying to be free of Norman Osborn's "weakness". If that's right, I'm afraid it could return in the middle of this war. But unexpectedly, he won't join the army to kill Spider-Man... BUT TO HELP HIM?!!! How could this even be possible? Why? Well, quite easy. Because the green Goblin is insanely obssessed with destroying Spider-Man, similar to how the Joker is obssessed with killing Batman. And I highly doubt the Green Goblin will allow anyone to deny his "right".

And interesting twist that Kindred didn't expect, right?

Mighty Member

Given that Kindred specifically wanted Norman purified, he may actually have possession of the Goblin 'spirit' in some manner, whether as a thing he needs for his endgame or something he absorbed into himself for some reason. For example, releasing it during a Peter/Norman team-up for a final, inevitable, Norman betrayal would be fitting.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Given that Kindred specifically wanted Norman purified, he may actually have possession of the Goblin 'spirit' in some manner, whether as a thing he needs for his endgame or something he absorbed into himself for some reason. For example, releasing it during a Peter/Norman team-up for a final, inevitable, Norman betrayal would be fitting.
    Green Goblin's persona had issues with Norman himself, so I highly doubt it would allow itself to be controlled by Kindred. The scene with Kindred and the Chameleon clearly proves that Kindred is not what appears to be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Green Goblin's persona had issues with Norman himself, so I highly doubt it would allow itself to be controlled by Kindred. The scene with Kindred and the Chameleon clearly proves that Kindred is not what appears to be.
    All of that's fine, but your theory of this is that Kindred specifically revived Sin Eater from the dead to attack Norman, purifying him, and then just forgot about what purifying implied. There could be a Green Goblin spirit-thing out there doing something or other, too, but I don't think whatever it is that has happened is something Harry's unaware of. I know it's a superheroic trope that the master planner villain always forgets one thing, but this one seems too far afield - it's literally part of why Sin Eater was chosen!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It didn't prove anything. What the serum does is still a mystery. Remember that Spidey punched Kindred right through face, and that didn't do anything. I suppose that Kindred being a demon is a legitimate thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    It didn't prove anything. What the serum does is still a mystery. Remember that Spidey punched Kindred right through face, and that didn't do anything. I suppose that Kindred being a demon is a legitimate thing.
    Maybe, but having supernatural powers, what kind of "serum" could a demon need? It's like the part where Harry had Goblin's tech hidden when he didn't need it having supernatural powers. There's more here than meets the eye. What if the whole resurrection's stuff is just more clone stuff taken from the Jackal?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’d assume the Goblin is either locked away somewhere, been absorbed into kindred or currently within Norman but actively being suppressed.

Suppose it’ll depend on who & what, exactly, Kindred ends up being.

BANNED

Strong issue overall, one of the best in the Spencer run for moving things forward...at last! My only gripe is that in the whole issue, facing a total of 12 foes, Spidey throws exactly zero punches. The latest example of Marvel's kinder, gentler, Spiderman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Strong issue overall, one of the best in the Spencer run for moving things forward...at last! My only gripe is that in the whole issue, facing a total of 12 foes, Spidey throws exactly zero punches. The latest example of Marvel's kinder, gentler, Spiderman.
    Yeah agreed.Just have him take out 2-3 people.
    He could take all 12, atleast give him 1/4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Was someone taking cues from the 90's show?

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah agreed.Just have him take out 2-3 people.
    He could take all 12, atleast give him 1/4th.
    Strange comments from you and Spidey5640:

"kinder, gentler" spider-man, and "yeah he can take on 12...well last page shows him facing 18 villains, is that enough..what about if the 12 join the 18...30 of them, can Spidey take that on?

No wonder, we see Spidey as half dead in upcoming issues...personally I'm starting to think Spencer's gone over the top now...just chucking every villain out there at Spidey...it's too much..