Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Oh man, the OMD vibes are really kicking now, really wondering where this ends if it is indeed Spencer's last issues. I do hope he finishes this in a way that leaves people happy in some form or another.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Oh man, the OMD vibes are really kicking now, really wondering where this ends if it is indeed Spencer's last issues. I do hope he finishes this in a way that leaves people happy in some form or another.
    Same here. Doctor Strange gambling for Peter's soul (and perhaps Mary Jane's as well) is gonna be something epic, especially with Spider-Man now surrounded on all sides by enemies due to Harry/Kindred's plotting. And yes, we really do have to address MJ working with Mysterio, even if Mysterio claims to be reformed, considering he may still be Kindred's pawn in all this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. Doctor Strange gambling for Peter's soul (and perhaps Mary Jane's as well) is gonna be something epic, especially with Spider-Man now surrounded on all sides by enemies due to Harry/Kindred's plotting. And yes, we really do have to address MJ working with Mysterio, even if Mysterio claims to be reformed, considering he may still be Kindred's pawn in all this.
    Super excited to see it, but personally I hope that Strange loses so instead Peter saves himself, either here or in another story

And Yeah, the thing with Mysterio has to be addressed, it annoyed me when MJ talked about reformed villains and mentioned Boomerang and Black Cat, it's not the same, Mysterio is a murderer and criminal, a fugitive who faked his death, with Boomerang, he was given a pardon and was put free, he was definetly still a criminal but Peter couldn't do anything with it and definetly took time to accept it, while Black Cat is more a hero on ocassions and has on multiple ocassions helped Peter, saved the city and even helped with King in Black, totally different from allowing a criminal steal someone's identity and making a movie based on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Super excited to see it, but personally I hope that Strange loses so instead Peter saves himself, either here or in another story

And Yeah, the thing with Mysterio has to be addressed, it annoyed me when MJ talked about reformed villains and mentioned Boomerang and Black Cat, it's not the same, Mysterio is a murderer and criminal, a fugitive who faked his death, with Boomerang, he was given a pardon and was put free, he was definetly still a criminal but Peter couldn't do anything with it and definetly took time to accept it, while Black Cat is more a hero on ocassions and has on multiple ocassions helped Peter, saved the city and even helped with King in Black, totally different from allowing a criminal steal someone's identity and making a movie based on himself.
    Technically, he didn't fake his death. He really did die (kill himself) in Guardian Devil and end up in hell to eventually be spat back out into the world as Kindred's pawn. He just pretended it was more "Master of illusion, duh!" so nobody would catch onto his hell-bound status.

Spectacular Member

Technically, he didn't fake his death. He really did die (kill himself) in Guardian Devil and end up in hell to eventually be spat back out into the world as Kindred's pawn. He just pretended it was more "Master of illusion, duh!" so nobody would catch onto his hell-bound status.
    No I mean when he was in Ravencroft, hypnotized his therapist and Kindred murdered him while making Peter see it in his dream, and then Mysterio went to make his movie, in issue 25, he did faked his death there

Astonishing Member

I wonder if this ties into The Mephisto “Big Bad” Avengers story? It is also a question to who Mephisto considers the bigger threat to him : Peter ( remember the Beyonder story) or Strange with his mystic arts? I could see Strange sacrificing himself for Peter and Peter jointing forces with The Avengers and perhaps others ( Miles maybe because of his deal) to save Strange and give an ass kicking to Mephisto?

Mighty Member

I hear that Peter may be learning magic from strange in 'no way home'. I wonder if it will happen in ASM

I think they do have to acknowledge there may have been some self-serving motivation in MJ going along with it because she saw it as her big break, not to mention the fact that her even being in the movie to begin with was part of Kindred's plot.

No I mean when he was in Ravencroft, hypnotized his therapist and Kindred murdered him while making Peter see it in his dream, and then Mysterio went to make his movie, in issue 25, he did faked his death there
    Point taken. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I wonder if this ties into The Mephisto “Big Bad” Avengers story? It is also a question to who Mephisto considers the bigger threat to him : Peter ( remember the Beyonder story) or Strange with his mystic arts? I could see Strange sacrificing himself for Peter and Peter jointing forces with The Avengers and perhaps others ( Miles maybe because of his deal) to save Strange and give an ass kicking to Mephisto?
    Strange would be the more obvious/overt threat, but given Spider-Man's legacy and what it has inspired and will inspire in the future . . . I could see Mephisto playing the long game to break or corrupt that legacy so it would no longer pose a threat to him in said future.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they do have to acknowledge there may have been some self-serving motivation in MJ going along with it because she saw it as her big break, not to mention the fact that her even being in the movie to begin with was part of Kindred's plot.
    Could turn out to be MJ's own version of Peter's origin story, insofar as, "I let that thief pass me because I thought it wasn't my problem, and then somebody I loved died because of that same thief I let go." That would be very interesting to explore, given that she already had some serious guilt issues in the past because she abandoned her older sister in her time of need to follow her own dreams, and this could be an even more serious version of that, given that in this case, following her own dreams led to her working with a known murderer and letting herself become a pawn in Harry/Kindred's game.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post

That would make the upcoming "Death of Dr Strange story" rather pointless though wouldn't it? Also between Strange counseling Peter during OMD, restoring his secret ID after Civil War and now (although Peter doesn't know it) if he doesn't already he really should hold strange in the highest of regards as far as an allies/friends for what he's done for and tried to help Peter.

Also it is kind of odd that they're sidelining heroes who would have an axe to grind with Mephisto as Aaron continues to further that story (Scarlet Witch, Peter, Dr Strange)

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    That would make the upcoming "Death of Dr Strange story" rather pointless though wouldn't it? Also between Strange counseling Peter during OMD, restoring his secret ID after Civil War and now (although Peter doesn't know it) if he doesn't already he really should hold strange in the highest of regards as far as an allies/friends for what he's done for and tried to help Peter.

Also it is kind of odd that they're sidelining heroes who would have an axe to grind with Mephisto as Aaron continues to further that story (Scarlet Witch, Peter, Dr Strange)
    That's a fair point as well.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Perhaps I could have written it better.
    My point is, this great Sinister Battle royale doesn't quite fit in story with Kindred, Mephisto and OMD. Seeing so many opponents attacking Spider-Man is epic, but it just looks kinda weird to me.
    Cemetery, crypt, corpse of Peter's relatives in Last Remains? It made for a more correct climate. I know Kindred has planned it all and the puzzle starts to connect the pieces. This is just the first issue, the whole thing has great potential for development, so I'm far from judging it yet, but for now it feels weird to me.

Still, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    The solicts (which, as always, should be treated with a grain of salt) makes it seem like the ASM issues will focus more on the Kindred/OMD day stuff while SW focuses more on the Sinister battle royale stuff. So it might still work if thats the case.

I imagine that Strange's gamble will be directly connected to Peter's performance in handling the Kindred situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post

Not necessarily. Depending on what Strange puts on the line for Peter, his involvement in SW could directly set up the "Death of Dr Strange" story.

Awesome awesome awesome issue. I got a feeling Spencer is going to hit the landing with this one. Peter is was going to propose? He’s going to have to get over being pissed about MJ knowing about Mysterio. Mephisto is starting to get on my nerves. I hope Stephen takes him down while Peter takes down Harry. A lot going on as usual with Spencer. The big battle is just an added bonus. Plus the extended characters. This is a supervillains fans dream. What does Mysterio know that he’s not telling MJ? There is a lot that needs to be answered. Best issue I have read in a long time. Say what you will about Spencer but this guy can handle a large cast of characters with multiple plots and sub plots.

It's nice to explicitly see Mysterio does in fact know Spider-Man's identity now. I think a lot of people were wondering how much he knew, especially after #60. The Mysterio love this run has been one of the highlights, this whole issue was a big bump up from more recent stories for sure. It's nice feeling like the various threads are actually hitting now and you've got the added bonus of the cavalcade of Spidey villains. That's just fun.

Incredible Member

I just remembered that the last time I saw Mephisto, he was imprisoned in the penthouse of the hotel at the end of Damnation. How did he get back in power? I don’t follow him except for whatever he’s done to all the various Spider-Men.