Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Honestly I would've taken more Mysterio in this run than Chameleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I just remembered that the last time I saw Mephisto, he was imprisoned in the penthouse of the hotel at the end of Damnation. How did he get back in power? I don’t follow him except for whatever he’s done to all the various Spider-Men.
    I feel like there was a Ghost Rider arc that dealt with this, but don't quote me on that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I would've taken more Mysterio in this run than Chameleon.

I feel like there was a Ghost Rider arc that dealt with this, but don't quote me on that.
    The last Ghost Rider run addressed it. Mephisto was pretty much undermining Johnny (he knew about the corruption effects that would befall Johnny once he took the throne). This was despite him being locked up in Hotel Inferno. Johnny was the one who broke him out in a effort to take him back in order to help him rule hell properly.

Of course, that run was cut short well before any of it could be elaborated on. Certainly none of the teases about the "war in hell". Shame, because that had so much promise.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 07-14-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

This was a incredibly fun issue. Well written, great characterization, even Bagley has lifted his game for this one. Certainly a step up from the last few arcs we've had.

Still have a ton of issues left between this and ASM. But this hit the ground running. I was worried how Spencer would tie all the dangling threads together and this alleviated it to a degree. It is clear that nothing is being left unaddressed and he hasn't forgotten about them.

I really have no complaints with this one. Bring on the next.

How many villains have joined that elite club of ones who know Spider-Man's secret identity? Excluding the time the whole world found out, of course...

You've got the Green Goblin (Norman and Harry, Norman remembers again), Doc Ock (in the 90s and in Superior but he doesn't remember again), Venom (Eddie but he forgot and now he remembers again, and Scorpion I suppose also learned but forgot), Chameleon (in the late 90s, but forgot), Morlun I guess (but he doesn't really care about that stuff), Mysterio now got his time to shine. I guess Judas Traveller did if we wanna get really technical.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 07-14-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    How many villains have joined that elite club of ones who know Spider-Man's secret identity? Excluding the time the whole world found out, of course...

You've got the Green Goblin (Norman and Harry, Norman remembers again), Doc Ock (in the 90s and in Superior but he doesn't remember again), Venom (Eddie but he forgot and now he remembers again, and Scorpion I suppose also learned but forgot), Chameleon (in the late 90s, but forgot), Morlun I guess (but he doesn't really care about that stuff), Mysterio now got his time to shine. I guess Judas Traveller did if we wanna get really technical.
    For some reason I wanna say Kraven, but I'm not 100% sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

You forgot The Jackal. Scrier knew too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    For some reason I wanna say Kraven, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Kraven didn't unmask Peter (he might have in Hunted. That was never addressed) . He never cared who the person under the suit was anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Of course!

I would love to see more Spider-Man/Mysterio. Overdramatic Mysterio, Joking Spidey - crime drama, solving cases - that type of stuff. It could be funny and pretty light-hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I hear that Peter may be learning magic from strange in 'no way home'. I wonder if it will happen in ASM
    It sounds horrible and the idea is so terrible but the worst part is when it comes to
    marvel, I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Astonishing Member

I finally got around to reading this. I've been critical of Spencer lately, but this was pretty good. Much better than the Chameleon snooze fest in ASM at least. The action moved at a brisk pace (probably because Spencer has to condense months of plans into one mini series) and all the different teams converging on poor Spidey promises some great fights. And FINALLY the Mephisto thread from TEN issues ago is picked up on. It really should've been addressed much sooner, but at least we are finally moving in the direction of resolving some of the debris from OMD after three years of teases. I still think Bagley's art has lost a couple steps since his heyday though. Overall, I'd give the issue an A-

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    It sounds horrible and the idea is so terrible but the worst part is when it comes to
    marvel, I wouldn’t be surprised at all.
    I'd dig that.But have him unlock or restore his magic training memories from Symbiote Spider-man:Alien Reality(which are canon FYI).
    He has only defensive training so that's a cool factor to play with.
    That and he has magical background to powers, maybe that gives him some affinity for the mystic arts or allows him to tap into some totemystic forces.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The whole cult of Scrier knew, which has to be at least a hundred people! Alison Mongrain probably knew too! Yikes.

This issue picked up the pace and it shows in the better execution.

I really want to see that smug son of a mother Mephisto beaten.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    This issue picked up the pace and it shows in the better execution.

I really want to see that smug son of a mother Mephisto beaten.
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.