Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Fantastic Member

Rereading this and just occured to me, did Otto kill Spidey at the end there and Kindred revived him? I assume the "welcome back to the land of living" bit could also just be a line about him waking up, but weve already seen Kindred can revive Spidey no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Rereading this and just occured to me, did Otto kill Spidey at the end there and Kindred revived him? I assume the "welcome back to the land of living" bit could also just be a line about him waking up, but weve already seen Kindred can revive Spidey no problem.
    The solicits did posit the question of "how can Spidey be fighting all those villains in this book and Kindred in Amazing??!" now the solicits are always dumb but it's possible given this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The solicits did posit the question of "how can Spidey be fighting all those villains in this book and Kindred in Amazing??!" now the solicits are always dumb but it's possible given this issue.
    I don't trust solicits, but I believe it's implying something about fighting in both our world and the spiritual one. Maybe while strange is gambling, Spidey's soul is fighting against OMD demons from the astral plain, and his body is fighting Sinister Battle Royale?

Dunno how that could work, but I don't see them splitting his soul between normal and OMD fragment, yet if they are - it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I don't trust solicits, but I believe it's implying something about fighting in both our world and the spiritual one. Maybe while strange is gambling, Spidey's soul is fighting against OMD demons from the astral plain, and his body is fighting Sinister Battle Royale?

Dunno how that could work, but I don't see them splitting his soul between normal and OMD fragment, yet if they are - it would be awesome.
    I agree on all counts, it would be a nice way to do it.

I agree on all counts, it would be a nice way to do it.
    Yes, I can totally see that missing fragment / marriage personification of MJ and Peter, fighting to get back to Peter's/MJ souls.

It would be similar, to Ghost Peter fighting SpOck back in Superior. The question remains, are they brave enough to do it? Seems like Spencer is really careful in references with the deal. The closest we got, are shot by shot remakes of Peter waking up in new reality, and of course - Mephisto hinting, that he owns something

Extraordinary Member

Yes, I can totally see that missing fragment / marriage personification of MJ and Peter, fighting to get back to Peter's/MJ souls.

It would be similar, to Ghost Peter fighting SpOck back in Superior. The question remains, are they brave enough to do it? Seems like Spencer is really careful in references with the deal. The closest we got, are shot by shot remakes of Peter waking up in new reality, and of course - Mephisto hinting, that he owns something
    Are they careful though?
    We got an entire issue mirroring BND.
    MJ and harry reference it as well.
    Mephisto in the mix and something wrong with Peter.

The only thing left is the name drop

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Are they careful though?
    We got an entire issue mirroring BND.
    MJ and harry reference it as well.
    Mephisto in the mix and something wrong with Peter.

The only thing left is the name drop
    Marvel, ARGHHH JUST DO IT!

Extraordinary Member

Marvel, ARGHHH JUST DO IT!
    I doubt they will undo it.
    But I'm 99.99% sure it will be addressed in full.
    I'm more worried that they won't address the ramifications since Beyond will just take Peter out of the picture.

I doubt they will undo it.
    But I'm 99.99% sure it will be addressed in full.
    I'm more worried that they won't address the ramifications since Beyond will just take Peter out of the picture.
    Yeah, it's hard to get excited now by any prospective resolution to the story given how the month after we won't even get to see much of what comes from it/ if anything. My partly naïve partly pessimistic prediction is Peter and MJ get engaged again after coming to terms with everything and they don't get to enjoy their happiness for long, Spencer's run ends in a good place but Peter pays for it immediately next issue because Marvel likes trolling.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's hard to get excited now by any prospective resolution to the story given how the month after we won't even get to see much of what comes from it/ if anything. My partly naïve partly pessimistic prediction is Peter and MJ get engaged again after coming to terms with everything and they don't get to enjoy their happiness for long, Spencer's run ends in a good place but Peter pays for it immediately next issue because Marvel likes trolling.
    Yeah, Beyond is a stupid idea as is but the timing can't be worse.
    We know that we will get reveals till the last ultra-size issue so I doubt they get engaged.
    The next run should be a JMS style where they get engaged and move forward in life.Then get married at 1000 or 950.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Beyond is a stupid idea as is but the timing can't be worse.
    We know that we will get reveals till the last ultra-size issue so I doubt they get engaged.
    The next run should be a JMS style where they get engaged and move forward in life.Then get married at 1000 or 950.
    No, they are not going to get engaged. The Spider-Marriage is going to be restored! And the issue called "What Cost Victory" will involve the bad consequences of undoing OMD, like Aunt May probably dying, Peter's identity going public again and several other stuff. So, even if Mephisto lose and the Spider-Marriage is restored, he will still have a way to torture Peter.

Issue #1000 will likely involve Peter becoming a dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No, they are not going to get engaged. The Spider-Marriage is going to be restored! And the issue called "What Cost Victory" will involve the bad consequences of undoing OMD, like Aunt May probably dying, Peter's identity going public again and several other stuff. So, even if Mephisto lose and the Spider-Marriage is restored, he will still have a way to torture Peter.

Issue #1000 will likely involve Peter becoming a dad.
    Don't do it. Don't give me hope. It all sounds too good to be true)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Don't do it. Don't give me hope. It all sounds too good to be true)
    I share your pain, pal. I don't want my hope being crushed either, but recently we had several stories were we had the Spider-Marriage with MJ existing and having a kid. The latest incomming is "Dark Ages", and I do hope this mean Marvel is planning to make Peter and MJ have a child in the official 616's Earth.

They already have Miles Morales in order to keep a "young Spider-Man", so there's no reason for them to stop Peter Parker to move forward once and for all.