Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    A lot of people totally misreading the Fabian stuff in this issue.
    How so if i may ask?

I was promised Hellions where dah Hellions

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    -Also Fabian's little test is stupid. Isn't there someone in charge of recently messed up resurrections? How was he able to just stroll out with Gorgon?! A former Captain General?
    I can easily believe that he could, because there's been damn little to suggest - even aside from this series - that Krakoa is a functioning society. Moira & the Helmet Bros weren't thinking bottom-up, they were thinking top-down. Drugs and geopolitics. And the first wave of Krakoan X-books either completely ignored the "little people" or showed them in a state of constant partying and nothing else. New Mutants went so far as to say that the kids were allowed to run around with no sort of formal education ("All Are Students, All Are Teachers") - which Ayala both junked and lampshaded in their first action on taking over the book, with a letter from Dani & co to Xavier saying how the kids & young adults of Krakoa were bored, listless and prone to self harm. And the people in charge literally hadn't noticed.

Spurrier (and Ayala, as mentioned) are trying to deal with this Hickmanian lack of care for characterisation by tackling it head-on. But in taking what's been presented, they're showing just how completely ████ed up it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    As stated before the part of Sooraya and her views of religion not being shown is a waste. I like the visuals of her powers and the dust cloud.
    I think Dust was sketched pretty clearly - I mean, the hijab is a pretty blatant "she is religious" signpost. And we've had several characters in this series give Kurt crap over the "mutant religion" line which seems to have become common knowledge. I think it's clear that she's showing disdain for the idea that this guy can come along with a new religion for all mutants and everyone on Krakoa should follow it (which I'm 99.9% certain was what Hickman meant with that line, even if Spurrier has backed hard away from the idea in favour of a vaguer philosophy).

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    I can easily believe that he could, because there's been damn little to suggest - even aside from this series - that Krakoa is a functioning society. Moira & the Helmet Bros weren't thinking bottom-up, they were thinking top-down. Drugs and geopolitics. And the first wave of Krakoan X-books either completely ignored the "little people" or showed them in a state of constant partying and nothing else. New Mutants went so far as to say that the kids were allowed to run around with no sort of formal education ("All Are Students, All Are Teachers") - which Ayala both junked and lampshaded in their first action on taking over the book, with a letter from Dani & co to Xavier saying how the kids & young adults of Krakoa were bored, listless and prone to self harm. And the people in charge literally hadn't noticed.

Spurrier (and Ayala, as mentioned) are trying to deal with this Hickmanian lack of care for characterisation by tackling it head-on. But in taking what's been presented, they're showing just how completely ████ed up it is.
    Yes, like most nations in their infancy. Thankfully they haven't had a civil war yet.
    I've always felt the details of the nation would start coming into focus after the initial stabilization. They still have millions of mutants to bring back and reunite with their loved ones.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I feel like at least one of the Xorn brothers could be helping Lost control her gravity powers instead of silently orbiting Legion for almost 4 issues.
    I do love seeing Sooraya do her thing, and it looked really beautiful. I wish she was given a proper storyline.
    Also, I'm bored of Legion and his daddy issues. He should have made a cameo and quietly gone back into limbo

SN: Was that a cameo from Forgetmenot at the Green Lagoon?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They were comparing Creed being in jail for the **** he did before the laws were made with Cortez who broke laws before they were made yet is free and arguably more of a dick.

Outcast gate is the name of the gate. There over the top with names.
    This issue absolutely nails the fact that Creed is being made an example of but not in a legalistic sense, he broke a 'law' that had no binding power because all his offenses came before the law. I mean ok even if he deserves the pit, folks like Omega Red, Cortez and yes even Wolverine may kill any number of humans and justify their righteous anger in the moment but that looks way worse than Creed's predicament because the law is on the books now. I am also troubled by Onslaught being made the fall guy, really we are going to put all this weird behaviour by Xavier/Magneto on Onslaught now? Seems to me like writers just don't want characters to own up.
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-14-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As for Kurt's characterization, I can see why fans of his would be frustrated with his depiction in the book so far. But considering that he is dealing with a massive crisis of faith while simultaneously trying to figure out a solution to a ridiculously complex problem that doesn't seem to have any simple solutions, it is understandable to me that he isn't his typical happy go lucky self.
    I think the intent is to make him lose his faith by the end of this book. The problem with that is rationale or sophistry over whatever the moral quandary is , is not a prerequisite for faith.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

I think Dust was sketched pretty clearly - I mean, the hijab is a pretty blatant "she is religious" signpost. And we've had several characters in this series give Kurt crap over the "mutant religion" line which seems to have become common knowledge. I think it's clear that she's showing disdain for the idea that this guy can come along with a new religion for all mutants and everyone on Krakoa should follow it (which I'm 99.9% certain was what Hickman meant with that line, even if Spurrier has backed hard away from the idea in favour of a vaguer philosophy).
    I do not believe so, i mean i could be wrong but if memory serves she once said she wears it because of the modesty it affords her from men, that doesn't sound like a religious obligation and more like a personal choice.

I do not condone what Cortez has done in the past and the present, however to me this seems like another example of failed leadership by the Council.

I mean looking back on him, he was mocked by the people at SWORD, then by Magneto who he grovelled to, then he got killed and when he is brought back he is paraded towards the council buck naked where again he is mocked and derided and finally fired and replaced. After all that, how could anyone NOT expect this sort of outcome? I mean i didn't expect him to get his hands on Gorgon of all people who apparently was not watched and yet doesn't appear as messed up as "Rockslide" (which also doesn't make sense) so he can use him as a means to indirectly kill humans and not face judgement.

It is fallacy is what it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just not seeing it, but i admit i can be an emotional reader and sometimes it takes time to settle. I don't mind questioning things but this just doesn't make sense to me. The little in betweens the progress if the actions. Who we are by default suppose to just trust. something isn't right, maybe legion playing everybody i don't know but this just doesn't feel kind at all. and kurt isn't unkind.

Also kurt isn't responding to anything morally wrong, Kurt is going around creating morally shady solutions to problems rather than bringing them up for all mutants to find a solution. He is basically legion minion.
    Yeah i can understand your viewpoint and points of critic (previous ones too).

But on a positive note because i hate being purely negative the first few pages of lost story was interesting. Am i the only one who felt her family use to live on mars and somehow her line ended up on earth.
    Seems a bit farfetched to me, especialy since mutants who develop physical forms which are unsuited for normal human or even earth environments are nothing new. Meanwhile i think we allready have too many ancient pre-modern day mutant civilizations via retcons recently.

Also i don't think her mutated form looks particular right for Mars either (the gravity is not THAT low and the hostile environment would profit from a stronger body). She instead reminds me a lot to the idea of what humans could look like who lived in zero-g environments for too long or over generations like the Belters from The Expanse or the people of the Free Orbital Movement in The Phantom 2040.
    Her powers would suit a zero-g environment quite well.

So perhaps if we have to establish her as throwback to an early extra-terrestial civilization of humans (mutants), a space traveling one might fit better in my opinion (ala that Star Trek: Deep Space 9 episode about an ancient solar sail ship).

Though now that i think about it, that wouldn't have excluded them from having been on Mars for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I would very much like this to be the case. However if it is, then I feel the execution of it is poor. The book doesn’t really show Kurt’s thought process leaving his actions and motivations very open to interpretation. I’ve seen some takes that still believe he’s under the influence of onslaught, because they are confused by his behaviour. I shall say it again, man do I miss thought bubbles. Or can we at least have a scene where Kurt talks to somebody, anybody about what’s going on in his head!
    Also fair points. We will have to see if the lack of presented thoughts are intentional or if the comic would have been better with them.

I would like to see a moment where he is entirely alone or with someone who just wants to listen to him for once, perhaps even in a church for good measure and see him throw out all his thoughts and viewpoints about the situation and with that have him come to a conclusion or at least plan about how wants to handle the situation.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-14-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    A lot of people totally misreading the Fabian stuff in this issue.
    Yeah, not for the first time on this forum I’m left wondering if people are reading completely material from me.

Still the best book out now. Imo. Loved the issue.

I know certain people don't like black people but someone actually asking me to leave a place because being black made them feel uncomfortable i am sure would make me feel another way. The way this whole era was set up if a mutant comes up to you in a world with sinister and his whole squad of people "using their power the wrong way" and were like "yeah you make all the rest of the mutants including the murderers uncomfortable and we want you to leave."

Yes, she certainly should feel some kind of way.
    I think this is a bit of an unfair comparison. Lost being unable to control her powers currently makes others physically sick due to their biological systems. People aren’t simply uncomfortable around her due to the nature of her powers, rather that she currently can’t control them. It’s definitely not her appearance that makes people uncomfortable as we have Dr. Mushroom hair Nemesis running around looking all gross.

All of Krakoa shouldn’t have to vomit uncontrollably until Lost figures her stuff out. I look at it like she’s taking her drivers test. Currently she can’t drive for **** and is a danger on the road, so her friends are taking her to the giant parking lot to teach her until it’s safe for her to drive around other people without hurting them.

All this being said, the parking lot being an entirely different planet and leaving her alone with just a fire is pretty messed up. At least stay with her for a night or so to make sure it’s safe.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think this is a bit of an unfair comparison. Lost being unable to control her powers currently makes others physically sick due to their biological systems. People aren’t simply uncomfortable around her due to the nature of her powers, rather that she currently can’t control them. It’s definitely not her appearance that makes people uncomfortable as we have Dr. Mushroom hair Nemesis running around looking all gross.

All of Krakoa shouldn’t have to vomit uncontrollably until Lost figures her stuff out. I look at it like she’s taking her drivers test. Currently she can’t drive for **** and is a danger on the road, so her friends are taking her to the giant parking lot to teach her until it’s safe for her to drive around other people without hurting them.

All this being said, the parking lot being an entirely different planet and leaving her alone with just a fire is pretty messed up. At least stay with her for a night or so to make sure it’s safe.
    That's fair, i was more trying to convey the feeling of thinking you may not want to be around vs. know you are not wanted around.

As a human i can feel that as a mutant whether she knew she was causing mutants to vomit or not in this society that embraces mutantdom to find out she isn't wanted around because of the very thing they praise in this era has to hurt. And it being called an outcast gate at that added extra sting.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That's fair, i was more trying to convey the feeling of thinking you may not want to be around vs. know you are not wanted around.

As a human i can feel that as a mutant whether she knew she was causing mutants to vomit or not in this society that embraces mutantdom to find out she isn't wanted around because of the very thing they praise in this era has to hurt. And it being called an outcast gate at that added extra sting.
    Oh they definitely did her wrong, I agree with that 100%
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.