Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's fair, i was more trying to convey the feeling of thinking you may not want to be around vs. know you are not wanted around.

As a human i can feel that as a mutant whether she knew she was causing mutants to vomit or not in this society that embraces mutantdom to find out she isn't wanted around because of the very thing they praise in this era has to hurt. And it being called an outcast gate at that added extra sting.
    You have a good point. I know Krakoa is 'different' but mutants casting out mutants is not new, and whether it is by intimidation or shame, it usually has the same effect. I am sure Si is not just using up panels so there is probably some payoff.

Maybe a more apt comparison for Lost would be someone with something uncontrollable that makes others uncomfortable, like Tourette syndrome? Still, mutants with powers like that are nothing new, so sending her off to Mars to camp all alone is pretty messed up.

I'm really disappointed in this series. Its been a lot Kurt going around, having his religion insulted and belittled and then being presented with a problem and told he needs to fix it. And then Kurt broodes, largely silently. Meanwhile Legion reads everyone else to filth and is actually accomplishing things. Onslaught is in danger of being an easy fall guy for the societal problems of Krakoa, and I'm praying they don't go that lazy and cheap route.

At what point could you call Krakoa a failed state? Because they have an impressive military and economic power, but completely lack basic things like schools, childcare, infrastructure, a police force, any kind of a wellfare or support system. Despite having infinity money, they don't seem to be spending it on anything? Hell, because of the way Krakoa is always depicted in art, we never even see things like housing, shops, or neighborhoods. Its always like a giant jungle, public park or summer camp. I know its a new nation, but this isn't the 1800s, where settlers took boats overseas and had to restart society from scratch. Its absurd that a modern people with the kinds or resources would step through the gates and have to re-learn the need for childcare and policing!

Not entirely on this book but between Rockslide and Gorgan, I’m not a fan of the way that they basically have those who died in Otherworld come back in a mentally deficient state. Considering the explanation for why they come back differently was that Otherworld is a nexus of realities, it’s a shame that they don’t use that as a means of revamping the character rather than basically turning them into a noncharacter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not entirely on this book but between Rockslide and Gorgan, I’m not a fan of the way that they basically have those who died in Otherworld come back in a mentally deficient state. Considering the explanation for why they come back differently was that Otherworld is a nexus of realities, it’s a shame that they don’t use that as a means of revamping the character rather than basically turning them into a noncharacter.
    I agree with this. At least give the characters new personality some page time. I much prefer what they did with the mutants who died on Amenth, Wild Child and Nanny being more honed or sharper versions of themselves although that seems to have been mostly forgotten.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    100% agree, it’s a complete missed opportunity.

They've basically been treated like they've become mentally handicapped and nobody has really done anything for them.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They've basically been treated like they've become mentally handicapped and nobody has really done anything for them.
    Yea Rockslide got it worse. Gorgan at least can speak and express himself. Santo last time we saw him just stares and reacts to things like there’s no sense of self present.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I do not condone what Cortez has done in the past and the present, however to me this seems like another example of failed leadership by the Council.

I mean looking back on him, he was mocked by the people at SWORD, then by Magneto who he grovelled to, then he got killed and when he is brought back he is paraded towards the council buck naked where again he is mocked and derided and finally fired and replaced. After all that, how could anyone NOT expect this sort of outcome? I mean i didn't expect him to get his hands on Gorgon of all people who apparently was not watched and yet doesn't appear as messed up as "Rockslide" (which also doesn't make sense) so he can use him as a means to indirectly kill humans and not face judgement.

It is fallacy is what it is.
    As much as I love to hate Fabian, I have to agree that the Council didn't really handle things well with him. I can understand wanting to give him a humiliating smackdown, but it seems smarter to keep him working at SWORD where they can keep a close eye on him, rather than leave him with nothing to do but sit around Krakoa nursing his grudges. As Dr. Nemesis says, he might be more dangerous as an "unemployed yuppie." And Fabian could easily spin the incident in SWORD into an example of unfair treatment by the Council, suggesting that he was mocked and "punished" by the Council just for expressing an opinion. It makes him an ideal figure to stir up trouble among mutants who feel dissatisfied and overlooked on Krakoa.

This book is basically Spurrier just picking up where he left off in Legacy and I'm here for it. Love his Legion.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Legion doesn't realize that he and Xavier are cut from the same clothe. They are both full of **** and both have messiah complexes and both act like they're superior.
    Legion just looks hypocritical whenever he takes a jab at Xavier

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As for Kurt's characterization, I can see why fans of his would be frustrated with his depiction in the book so far. But considering that he is dealing with a "massive crisis of faith" while simultaneously trying to figure out a solution to a ridiculously complex problem that doesn't seem to have any simple solutions, it is understandable to me that he isn't his typical happy go lucky self.
    Well as an X-Fan I remember the days when he did not have to have a crisis of faith every time a problem presented itself. Sadly, though. Kurt pulling that trigger in issue 2 wasn't going to bring back Kurt at is best.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Legion doesn't realize that he and Xavier are cut from the same clothe. They are both full of **** and both have messiah complexes and both act like they're superior.
    Legion just looks hypocritical whenever he takes a jab at Xavier
    Naw Legion actually is a god. Like David said Charles has consistently let him down throughout his life so no he doesn't trust Xavier enough to deal with the Onslaught situation and rightfully so, look what happened when Xavier tried to mentally rip the information out of his head WITHOUT David's permission and explicitly AGAINST David's advice.

As far as I can tell Legion is the best mutant to deal with Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Naw Legion actually is a god. Like David said Charles has consistently let him down throughout his life so no he doesn't trust Xavier enough to deal with the Onslaught situation and rightfully so, look what happened when Xavier tried to mentally rip the information out of his head WITHOUT David's permission and explicitly AGAINST David's advice.

As far as I can tell Legion is the best mutant to deal with Onslaught.
    I think you can see the paternal connection though. Charles is an idealist and a schemer, while David is a cynic and a rebel, but Charles was once just a rebel with powerful mental abilities too. It was very Xavier-like for David to have put into place protocols against himself in case he loses control.

Incredible Member

why does everyone think kurt abandoned lost on mars? he left to go get cortez and bring him to her so the two could sort out the problem between them and try and help lost move forward. the issue is only taking place over a few hours at most

Did everyone in tiki bar died? I don't remember it correctly, but wasn't it stated that Dazzler immortal? She'd probably resurrect herself in a while.