Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    He probably could have managed it, yes. But then we wouldn't have the scene with Cortez, which gives readers insight into what a shithead he is, as well as his rationalizations illustrating to both Kurt and the readers the loopholes of the Kill No Man law. Thus providing Kurt the opportunity to properly reform it or mitigate any possible harm that can come from bad faith interpretations of the law, which is kind of the entire function of this book.

But, again, the only thing keeping her on PA, is her. If she wants to leave, she can. If she wants to stay, that is also her choice and if she wanted help to do so, I imagine she would ask.

I think the interpretation of it as a "walk of shame" is a reach. They literally just brought her there so they could talk to her without constantly vomiting.
    Lost could barely speak up to get nightcrawler to face her in the crucible because no one was listening but we are to assume after being dragged out into the middle of mars and potentially overhearing kurt and Legion conversation she is just going to feel comfortable going back to a place they pretty much made clear she makes people uncomfortable because of making them throw up. Why would she feel she could go back? it doesn't make any sense. To me it feels like the elephant when they put them on the rope and don't take it off until they mentally know they can't go beyond that distance.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Just wild guessing, but maybe it connects to Kurt's statement in the first issue that he can't see anything moraly wrong with Krakoa in terms of society, behaviour and mentality. So his own belief (in the moral sense not necessarily religios) that everything has to be right (because the previous situation was so much worse), holds him back from openly being able to call things out or act on his personal morals vs. the morals of "mutantkind" in the current setup.

Basicly he is constantly stuck in a "maybe i'm wrong here?" mindset, that he is unable to act right away and feels the need to find a compromise solution like shown in this issue.

Which in turn reflects the state of his mind as shown in issue 2, a ship lost in a maelstrom (fitting enough one of the crew was a clown).
    I would very much like this to be the case. However if it is, then I feel the execution of it is poor. The book doesn’t really show Kurt’s thought process leaving his actions and motivations very open to interpretation. I’ve seen some takes that still believe he’s under the influence of onslaught, because they are confused by his behaviour. I shall say it again, man do I miss thought bubbles. Or can we at least have a scene where Kurt talks to somebody, anybody about what’s going on in his head!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

As for Kurt's characterization, I can see why fans of his would be frustrated with his depiction in the book so far. But considering that he is dealing with a massive crisis of faith while simultaneously trying to figure out a solution to a ridiculously complex problem that doesn't seem to have any simple solutions, it is understandable to me that he isn't his typical happy go lucky self.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    For me this is the worst x-book i read this era hands down.

-somehow legion is the only righteous one here because he has the two xorns ready to take his head off when he steps out of line. "puleahse" if that was the case they would have taken it off when he came up with the idea to send onslaught to a planet inhabitting millions of mutants. A planet he just basically sent lost to because though krakoa is for all mutants, not all mutants like throwing up.

-David kills everybody, everybody in this book with the help of Xorn but hold on they are the good guys because the writers said they are. You will not recognize a single character in this book from this era, or any era they were in because they are written to fit exactly whatever the plot wants.

-Nightcrawler goes from looking like a jerk, exiling Lost through the rejects gate, to looking boredline evil as he watches what he doesn't know is a pretending gorgon in a scene that looks like he is being stoned. To looking like a absolute FOOL when he is joisting around and falls into some icecream as though he was back at the circus. To utterly incompetent as he finds out goron and Cortez no less were teaching him a lesson.

If you want stories that make no sense. Pocket continuity that ignores what happened just issues before. And pretentious characters who make everyone else look uttely incomeptent then look no futher than Way of X#4.

Oh and you know how this book gives no one the benefit of the doubt, well we are suppose to assume that legion and the xorn bros are in the right and the only ones seemingly not affected by onslaught.

And those are just a few of the problems here. I didn't even go over the terraforming thing. 1/10 from me. I wish i had a physical copy so it could find it's Way to the Trash Can.

Edit: After reading above he says every devil needs a temple so i assume he is creating a place for onslaught not to keep him out.
    uhhhhh…which book did you read, sis? Because your interpretations are WILD.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    uhhhhh…which book did you read, sis? Because your interpretations are WILD.
    I'm not a sis. That's pretty much the only thing here that has anything direct enough to respond to.

But if your talking about way of X all 4 issues inform my decisions. I don't just go from issue to issue but rather give the writer their own canon from the start of their series. So going by how lost has been from issue one to now or kurt pretty much that. i mean if you are referring to way of x that is. This issue doesn't even fit into Spurriers own canon from this series if we believe Lost will just walk back through the gate because this isn't what she wants.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-14-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

As for Kurt's characterization, I can see why fans of his would be frustrated with his depiction in the book so far. But considering that he is dealing with a massive crisis of faith while simultaneously trying to figure out a solution to a ridiculously complex problem that doesn't seem to have any simple solutions, it is understandable to me that he isn't his typical happy go lucky self.
    A lot of fans don’t expect him to be happy go lucky, he’s been plenty depressed and in moral quandary before. It is understandable why he’s struggling now. There was a lot of anger however for the implication that he would be against contraception, casual sex and that sex was ‘empty’ unless it was for pro-creation. Things which he engages in (even when he trained as a priest) and has never had an issue with or judged others for before. That mischaracterization put a lot of noses out of joint.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Frankly sending Onslaught to Arakko would be a great idea if it weren't for the inevitable problems he'd cause at the Space Embassy. The Arakkii would fucking love him.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Lost could barely speak up to get nightcrawler to face her in the crucible because no one was listening but we are to assume after being dragged out into the middle of mars and potentially overhearing kurt and Legion conversation she is just going to feel comfortable going back to a place they pretty much made clear she makes people uncomfortable because of making them throw up. Why would she feel she could go back? it doesn't make any sense. To me it feels like the elephant when they put them on the rope and don't take it off until they mentally know they can't go beyond that distance.
    There is nothing in the text to indicate she was "dragged" anywhere, she was likely asked and agreed to accompany them to Arakko. Since her resurrection, and regaining her powers, she has been aware of the effects she has on others, yet she has chosen to remain on Krakoa. I don't see why hearing Kurt and Legion discussing what she already knows would cause her to feel any differently than she did before. Planet Arrako gives her the agency to develop control over her powers on her own terms.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Review of Issue 4, haven’t read the reviews yet.
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/07/14/...er-way-of-x-4/

There is nothing in the text to indicate she was "dragged" anywhere, she was likely asked and agreed to accompany them to Arakko. Since her resurrection, and regaining her powers, she has been aware of the effects she has on others, yet she has chosen to remain on Krakoa. I don't see why hearing Kurt and Legion discussing what she already knows would cause her to feel any differently than she did before. Planet Arrako gives her the agency to develop control over her powers on her own terms.
    I know certain people don't like black people but someone actually asking me to leave a place because being black made them feel uncomfortable i am sure would make me feel another way. The way this whole era was set up if a mutant comes up to you in a world with sinister and his whole squad of people "using their power the wrong way" and were like "yeah you make all the rest of the mutants including the murderers uncomfortable and we want you to leave."

Yes, she certainly should feel some kind of way.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

Honestly, it feels like Si really wanted to write a Legion book but the powers at Marvel weren’t down for that, so he made Kurt the MC in name only. Sucks, but I was really hoping for some good character growth for Kurt.
    You’re definitely not wrong, but I’m still glad that Kurt has a place in the x-line.

And surely i can't be the only eyes waiting to roll back to the front of my head at the legion "always being willing to do what was necessary to police himself." Like once, when you erased yourself from existence. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just to be transparent his actual words, just so I'm not misquoting, "i rule me, no matter the cost." So says the person with an undefinable amount of personalities.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just to be transparent his actual words, just so I'm not misquoting, "i rule me, no matter the cost." So says the person with an undefinable amount of personalities.
    "I rule me," was an important phrase from his solo in X-Men: Legacy Vol 2, as he worked to get his personalities under control. It's a brilliant series -- one of my favorite ever, in fact!

-Pav, who enjoyed all the new comics he read today...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    "I rule me," was an important phrase from his solo in X-Men: Legacy Vol 2, as he worked to get his personalities under control. It's a brilliant series -- one of my favorite ever, in fact!

-Pav, who enjoyed all the new comics he read today...
    I'll have to check it out. I did read it at the time but i dont keep physical copies of old comics. So reading that i can appreciate the nod but still he was just wrokkng with the bad guy in age of x. To basically do exactly what onslaught did no less.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.