Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

X-Men Monday with Si: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/09/x-...ier-interview/

Comparing how much he talked about Legion vs. how much he talked about Kurt, it’s clear who he really wanted to write.

I’d honestly rather “Season 2” just be a slice of life anthology book without the pressing darkness of Onslaught. Maybe add Williams to it too.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Comparing how much he talked about Legion vs. how much he talked about Kurt, it’s clear who he really wanted to write.

I’d honestly rather “Season 2” just be a slice of life anthology book without the pressing darkness of Onslaught. Maybe add Williams to it too.
    And he still thinks Kurt is a priest, as did Hickman in X-Men 7, aren’t editors supposed to correct writers incorrect assumptions?

tbf, he already talked a lot about Kurt last time around when the series was just starting. He clearly loves writing David though.

Also, that Wolverine in the preview image is an absolute unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    tbf, he already talked a lot about Kurt last time around when the series was just starting. He clearly loves writing David though.

Also, that Wolverine in the preview image is an absolute unit.
    True. I also liked that he acknowledged that Kurt has been fumbling around for a bit and that we're going to see a change in that attitude very soon.

True. I also liked that he acknowledged that Kurt has been fumbling around for a bit and that we're going to see a change in that attitude very soon.
    I’d like that to be true but I doubt our idea of ‘active role’ is the same as Spurriers. He spends quite a lot of the interview explaining his writing decisions (still getting some facts wrong, not an ordained priest!) when it’s really not needed, what’s done is done.
    Way of X is only 5-6 issues long, Kurt dithered for 4 of those issues so far which is far too long. I’d rather Spurrier be honest and just say it’s a Legion book, have it advertised as a Legion book instead of Nightcrawler looking like a side character in his own story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’d like that to be true but I doubt our idea of ‘active role’ is the same as Spurriers. He spends quite a lot of the interview explaining his writing decisions (still getting some facts wrong, not an ordained priest!) when it’s really not needed, what’s done is done.
    Way of X is only 5-6 issues long, Kurt dithered for 4 of those issues so far which is far too long. I’d rather Spurrier be honest and just say it’s a Legion book, have it advertised as a Legion book instead of Nightcrawler looking like a side character in his own story.
    It's almost as if Nightcrawler is going to come to the same conclusion at the same time as everyone else: Krakoa is not what it's cracked up to be. Is Onslaught going to be a major force outside of this book? Is this just another tidbit to keep 'crawler fans happy? I guess we'll find out soon, but it almost just feels like more character development while adding little else to the X-Men saga, just like his other miniseries.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    It's almost as if Nightcrawler is going to come to the same conclusion at the same time as everyone else: Krakoa is not what it's cracked up to be. Is Onslaught going to be a major force outside of this book? Is this just another tidbit to keep 'crawler fans happy? I guess we'll find out soon, but it almost just feels like more character development while adding little else to the X-Men saga, just like his other miniseries.
    Which I would have thought Kurt would be getting there faster than anyone given his past and how even in the Circus there was a darker side. Just because it seems happy doesn't mean that it is. I like David, David is cool and deserves a lot more exploration, but...I do think that Kurt needs to be on a team or a book that gives him more of a chance to shine. Which seems to be an issue when people outright forget that he's not a priest, wasn't an ordained priest and his religious nature isn't his only character.