Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-man Spiders-shadow 4 review

Nice issue.
    I loved the Ben vs Peter fight.
    And the MJ talk.

Mj walking in with Pete was stupid af though.
    And that ending... I knew it was coming but this is gonna be amazing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Stupid, maybe, but I can't entirely fault her for wanting to stand by Peter and give him some backup, one way or another. That said, I did like how Zdarsky made it clear that it wasn't the symbiote controlling Peter so much as unleashing darker aspects of himself, loosening his inhibitions over acting on those impulses he would normally have restrained. I also like Mary Jane making it just as clear to Peter that he is who he is not because he's a perfect person who never does or thinks anything wrong, but that in spite of the darker sides of himself, he does go out there and do good with his abilities. As for Jonah, I liked his role here, too, showing that he really did care about Peter, even with what happened between them before. Looking forward to the conclusion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

who is the guy next to she hulk on the last page? As for the issue Black Cat really served no purpose in this story except for getting Jonah home and getting cheated on although that was to be expected. Nice speech by MJ though although her coming inside the building was very bad but looking at the end of the issue she would have been affected anyway. I do wonder how this story will conclude
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I'm really worried about MJ. Do you think Venom will try to possess her? You know, because of their "mutual love" for Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm really worried about MJ. Do you think Venom will try to possess her? You know, because of their "mutual love" for Peter.
    That would be an interesting, if horrifying, twist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be an interesting, if horrifying, twist.
    Horrifying, surely (although not as much if it was Carnage instead of Venom). And then again, considering MJ was capable of summit Venom's symbiote in Renew Your Vows, we could have something similar here.

Horrifying, surely (although not as much if it was Carnage instead of Venom). And then again, considering MJ was capable of summit Venom's symbiote in Renew Your Vows, we could have something similar here.
    Maybe, yeah.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    who is the guy next to she hulk on the last page? As for the issue Black Cat really served no purpose in this story except for getting Jonah home and getting cheated on although that was to be expected. Nice speech by MJ though although her coming inside the building was very bad but looking at the end of the issue she would have been affected anyway. I do wonder how this story will conclude
    Doctor Druid

I think MJ raised some death flags here and there. She'll probably die or sacrifice herself in the last issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I think MJ raised some death flags here and there. She'll probably die or sacrifice herself in the last issue.
    Since this is an alternative reality, that means there are no rules. Anything can happen, for good or for bad. So, I won't deny MJ is in real danger, but I still wish that won't happen. I can see, however, that Venom will try to possess her because of their mutual "love" for Peter. I wouldn't be surprised if Felicia ends up involved in this too.

Since this is an alternative reality, that means there are no rules. Anything can happen, for good or for bad. So, I won't deny MJ is in real danger, but I still wish that won't happen. I can see, however, that Venom will try to possess her because of their mutual "love" for Peter. I wouldn't be surprised if Felicia ends up involved in this too.
    i hope not for her sake. She already is pushed on the sidelines plus Peter cheated on her last issue death by Symbiote MJ would be lame
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy