Default Loki vs the Avengers

Richard E. Grant Loki takes the place of his younger self in the first Avengers movie and attempts to succeed where his younger self did not. Does his succeed?

Can he throw the alligator loki at people?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

honestly given that in addition to everything we saw him do we can probably assume he can do anything we saw...I don't know let's call him prime variant Loki, except on a larger scale and better, I'd give him not that bad odds. For one thing I doubt they'll actually manage to find the real him given the levels of his illusions and his ability to open portals, or at least not without extreme difficulty
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-14-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Loki almost succeeded the first time and Classic Loki knows how everything plays out, so he could easily succeed. All he has to do is pose as his younger self and do everything he previously did up until the Battle of New York. Then he changes things by ducking Hawkeye's arrow instead of catching it, avoid the Hulk, use a portal to divert the nuke to sea and stop Natasha from closing the portal.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Anyone else notice how Prime Loki just stops a building from falling in him with something telekinesis and then puts it back up? I got this serious what you could do that the whole time vibes. Makes me wonder if it's a specific spell rather than a generic super power he can use in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Anyone else notice how Prime Loki just stops a building from falling in him with something telekinesis and then puts it back up? I got this serious what you could do that the whole time vibes. Makes me wonder if it's a specific spell rather than a generic super power he can use in combat.
    On a larger note, it's kind of odd how the MCU is kinda iffy when it comes to telekinesis in general, considering how common telekinesis is in fiction anyway. Is that TK for Loki or is it magic? Is that TK for Wanda or is it energy manipulation OR IS IT MAGIC? We at least have Giyera and Ebony Maw to show that it really exists in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    On a larger note, it's kind of odd how the MCU is kinda iffy when it comes to telekinesis in general, considering how common telekinesis is in fiction anyway. Is that TK for Loki or is it magic? Is that TK for Wanda or is it energy manipulation OR IS IT MAGIC? We at least have Giyera and Ebony Maw to show that it really exists in the MCU.
    And Maw was very, very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, I dunno. All the hand to hand combat just feels really weird if he's had that kind of power the whole time. I know PIS is a thing, and super speed gets irgnored super often... It just feels like a big outlier right now. On the other hand, I could totally buy old Loki pulling it off, and given they seem to be hinting Loki will be uncovering hidden depths to his powers, maybe he will unlock that level of power consistently.

I think it's more about Marvel in the earlier days trying to stay conservative with how grounded everything was(to the point they were allergic to things like magic and sorcery, hence Thor making a point to say Asgardian magic was just advanced technology), and as they saw audiences were willing to embrace the weirder stuff they started playing looser with it

Yeah, I dunno. All the hand to hand combat just feels really weird if he's had that kind of power the whole time. I know PIS is a thing, and super speed gets irgnored super often... It just feels like a big outlier right now. On the other hand, I could totally buy old Loki pulling it off, and given they seem to be hinting Loki will be uncovering hidden depths to his powers, maybe he will unlock that level of power consistently.
    Meh, Thor unlocked his inner lightning powers in Ragnarok, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I think it's more about Marvel in the earlier days trying to stay conservative with how grounded everything was(to the point they were allergic to things like magic and sorcery, hence Thor making a point to say Asgardian magic was just advanced technology), and as they saw audiences were willing to embrace the weirder stuff they started playing looser with it
    I'm talking just within this show though. He's fought a lot of apparently human TVA agents in hand to hand for fairly extended periods.

I'm talking just within this show though. He's fought a lot of apparently human TVA agents in hand to hand for fairly extended periods.
    Yeah, but I think it’s definitely been a theme of the show that “we’re more powerful than we know” or whatever Sylvie’s line was.

He’s learned from Sylvie about enchanting (doing it on Alioth), he’s seen Richard E Grant Loki’s city-scales illusions etc, and he’s probably only now learning to stretch his powers a bit. Only taken him a few millennia.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, but I think it’s definitely been a theme of the show that “we’re more powerful than we know” or whatever Sylvie’s line was.

He’s learned from Sylvie about enchanting (doing it on Alioth), he’s seen Richard E Grant Loki’s city-scales illusions etc, and he’s probably only now learning to stretch his powers a bit. Only taken him a few millennia.
    Yeah, I can dig that. The building feat still feels weird and out of nowhere there. It is done without fanfare pretty casually, and before those demonstrations started happening.

Yeah, I can dig that. The building feat still feels weird and out of nowhere there. It is done without fanfare pretty casually, and before those demonstrations started happening.
    I'm with you.

I would love if it made sense. But it doesn't.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm with you.

I would love if it made sense. But it doesn't.
    He likely would have stood a much better chance against Thor as well. Loki being a Frost Giant is strong, sure, but he's usually depicted as lesser than Thor. These types of powers would give him more even footing and more formidable.

I don't need him to be super powerful, but for a guy who can easily tank Captain America's hits like they're nothing (because to him, they really are nothing), he's very much a physical pushover.