Amazing Member

Default Comic Storage on a shelf?

So, options for storing floppies on a shelf are currently:
    1. storfolio
    2. 3-ring binder
    3. sending them off to be bound

Pros and Cons
    2. 3-ring option seemed good at first. I like the ability to just pull a single issue out of a binder when I wanted to read it. If you get a binder with clear sides and back, cool artwork can abound.
    But I heard they sag (due to no support from the top of the page, only the sides.)
    and nobody likes saggy books, right? ahem.

3. HC binding...permanent. pricey. but pretty! I might do this for a few runs/minis, but not for my regular ongoings.

1. That Storfolio thing seems like the easiest floppy option that lets you pull individual issues out, for reading and sharing. But that box reminds me too much of those oversized black plastic VHS cases from back in the day. not pretty, nor very classy. Also has the customizable spine like the 3-rings.

so what if I went out of order.

I remember that Compiler Comic Binder kickstarter last year by Alex Rodriquez. That was the option that got me most excited. but it didn't get funded. Quite a shame. Classy, cool, sorta-simple. Anyone know anything similar?

Anything I missed?
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

BANNED

The magazine boxes at the office supply store. They're cheap, about two bucks each, in packs of six. They hold about 30 comics each. You can see two on the upper left of this photo. I keep nearly all my floppies in boxes like this

The heck is storfolio?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I just put them directly on the shelf like with books. I've got those IKEA shelfs with 12 by 12 compartments. If you smush enough of them in they stay firmly upright. Then I put my trades in front of them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    The magazine boxes at the office supply store. They're cheap, about two bucks each, in packs of six. They hold about 30 comics each. You can see two on the upper left of this photo. I keep nearly all my floppies in boxes like this
    thanks for the pic and the idea!
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors