Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why was Bishop included in the energy feat from today? He doesn't generate energy. His inclusion doesn't make sense as his powers would work by absorbing all the energy that the other 3 men generated and rechanneling it. His net contribution would be nothing though
    From what I saw in his early appearances, he could get hit *once* by a mutant zap, and then use it repeatedly, so he doesn't seem to be a zero sum, but, once he's been 'kickstarted,' a whole new source of whatever energy is sought. (So Neal Sharra for instance could hit him with a single plasma blast, and now there's two people able to shoot those plasma blasts for the next however long.)

That said, I'd have picked an energy-generator like Havok or Stinger or Dragoness or Sunfire or Firestar or whomever (so many options!), but a power-replicator like Synch or Mimic or Bishop works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I haven't read a whole lot of Jamie's stories but this still kind of felt like a pretty major retcon. It made me dislike him quite a bit, and just feel terrible for Layla. Is this a new kind of thing for him?
    The whole origin seems new. He's never been a dummy, and PAD added the whole 'gaining new skillsets by sending dupes around the world to learn stuff and then re-absorb them' aspect, but he's never been strictly speaking a *genius* before with a bunch of patents. I don't think he even has a bunch of PHDs, but is more of a dabbler in many disciplines (I don't think it's ever been suggested before that he 'sent his dupes around' for the 7+ years it takes to get a PHD!, but that most of them were gone for a year or two, at most, with a few exceptions that 'got away from him' like the one that settled down, got married and became a preacher!).

Yes, he's worked in Moira's lab as a lab assistant before, but his biggest 'invention' that I remember was a mayonnaise jar that Polaris, Havok and Strong Guy couldn't open (for a practical joke)...

On the other hand, it was neat to see that Layla Miller and their child still exist, and not at all out of character for Jamie to send a dupe to play dad while he fails at the parental / spousal responsibilities... He is his own worst enemy sometimes and, for all his ability to be handling a dozen things at once, sometimes lets things spiral out of control (much like he's got depression), so that's kind of on-brand.

The whole 'working with Reed Richards' thing back in the day seems like a sneaky sort of way to have *a mutant* at least partially be responsible for the unstable molecules that many mutants wear, which, before this, have always been 100% a Reed Richards invention that pretty much everyone in the superhero community has to get from him if they don't want to be naked the first time they burst into flames or turn to mercury or whatever.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-15-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Oh,.. so Sunspot, Neal and Bishop just appeared on one panel?
    Yeah I peeped that! 3 of my favorite X-Zaddies looking good and combining powers...and Vulcan was there too I guess.

Monet is a liability. The way she conducts business is vile.

Also, there is no way in hell Layla wouldn't be able to tell that Jamie sent a dupe to their house. That's completely ridiculous. Not feeling Tini trying to completely retcon Jamie either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Monet is a liability. The way she conducts business is vile.

Also, there is no way in hell Layla wouldn't be able to tell that Jamie sent a dupe to their house. That's completely ridiculous. Not feeling Tini trying to completely retcon Jamie either.
    It doesn't strike me as complete recon at all. More so just -- looking at established canon a little sideways, maybe filling in some holes that weren't recognized by others as holes, etc.

If there's a difference, it's that PAD's Jamie was presented as more of an everyman, less of an expert. More of a screw up too. But again, I still see that here.

Writers are gonna write a little differently. But I still see Jamie Madrox on the page.

-Pav, who liked the heist as well...!!!
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

They didn’t call Neal „Thunderbird“. Name change incoming?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    They didn’t call Neal „Thunderbird“. Name change incoming?
    It would do the character good as that was the main reason done fans never accepted him.

Neal is a great character and I always liked him (being one of the very few who did like him). SO i
    I for one that after and 2 decades he will be back to stay and be shown what he is worth. If giving him a new codename is what it takes, then I can live with it.

But i need him to be back, really.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I still found this book boring. No way this can possibly last longer than 5 or 6 issues. I do think that Hickman should have done both this and Way of X as arcs in X-Men or a relaunched Uncanny as whilst it's good that they are exploring these different aspects of Krakoan culture , as with the failure if X Factor there obviously isn't a market for ongoings based on these explanations. At least as arcs in a book with an established brand name they wre more likely to reach a wider audience and perhaps have a chance to continue the stories.

Soooo Whats up with everyone being do critical of M trying to read St. John. This is the lady who is chummy with the racist Nazis that tried to kill "M" when she was innGen X.and towards the end M was tryna make it right by warning the lady that the Struckers are nothing but trouble. Which isote than she deserves. Don't truck with Nazis if you don't wanna get frucked over like one
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I still found this book boring. No way this can possibly last longer than 5 or 6 issues. I do think that Hickman should have done both this and Way of X as arcs in X-Men or a relaunched Uncanny as whilst it's good that they are exploring these different aspects of Krakoan culture , as with the failure if X Factor there obviously isn't a market for ongoings based on these explanations. At least as arcs in a book with an established brand name they wre more likely to reach a wider audience and perhaps have a chance to continue the stories.
    Yeah.I feel this was supposed to be like X-men 4 with the meeting of world representatives.At least that is what I was expecting.

That and they did Lyla so bad.I binge read entire X-factor w/Peter David issues like twice and loved Lyla in all of it.From the weird kid to the time travel to the relationship w/ Madrox to her power to helping Jamie in the Demon form.

I mean Lyla had so much potential in Krakoa era.Her power being a major one, everyone is so concerned with souls in ressurection and that's like Layla's deal.She would be amazing in way of X.Or personally would love her to be a part of Hellions.

That and this book is so disappointing from the bland writing to the boring plot and the mediocre plot.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo Whats up with everyone being do critical of M trying to read St. John. This is the lady who is chummy with the racist Nazis that tried to kill "M" when she was innGen X.and towards the end M was tryna make it right by warning the lady that the Struckers are nothing but trouble. Which isote than she deserves. Don't truck with Nazis if you don't wanna get frucked over like one
    Because right is right and wrong is wrong. There are many situatuins with grey areas to be sure but what monet did here is no diffferent than what trump, or any other man accused of using powet to intimidate or get what they want did.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because right is right and wrong is wrong. There are many situatuins with grey areas to be sure but what monet did here is no diffferent than what trump, or any other man accused of using powet to intimidate or get what they want did.
    By trying to explain the prejudice, immoral, villains arent the way to go when trying to do busines?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    By trying to explain the prejudice, immoral, villains arent the way to go when trying to do busines?
    What didn't jive with me was how she asked St. John some questions but before she could answer, M said "Wait - don't tell me - I can find out what you know for myself." She should have given her a chance to respond.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Its a weird point to go after the business lady for working with the evil twins when so much of the relaunch is about giving the evil mutants second chances. They're literally living on Krakoa doing the same things everyone else is doing. Hell, this very team is going to have Selene and Mastermind on it next issue.

Money abused her powers without a second thought, and her tenuous control of Penance could have gotten people hurt.

Its a weird point to go after the business lady for working with the evil twins when so much of the relaunch is about giving the evil mutants second chances. They're literally living on Krakoa doing the same things everyone else is doing. Hell, this very team is going to have Selene and Mastermind on it next issue.

Money abused her powers without a second thought, and her tenuous control of Penance could have gotten people hurt.
    I agree with this. It’s on odd hang up to be upset about the Fenris twins when Sinister is on your ruling council. Sinister worked with the Nazi’s right or am I remembering it wrong.

If villains like him and Selene get a clean slate so should Fenris.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah that's why I think Monet in part was just salty that St. John rejected working with X-Corp and went with Noblesse Pharmaceuticals. Yes she has a right to hate Fenris on a personal level but it was a bad business move.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!