Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This was pretty good, and we're finally seeing Monet's constant bullheaded nonsense coming to its natural conclusion. Someone who views their competition as less than dirt and thinks of themselves as highly as Monet is setting themselves up for a major fall. It's how you wind up underestimating competitors and making spaces in the market they can exploit and grow into.

jwatson's point of Monet basically pulling the same BS that Good Ole Boys in positions of power do to those they consider weaker: Force their will on them in order to get ahead.
    If someone recorded that incident it'd be an even bigger disaster that what we've seen here. Angel needs to chew her out hard, man.

That was downright vile of Monet and I'm glad it blew up in her face immediately.

I haven't read a whole lot of Jamie's stories but this still kind of felt like a pretty major retcon. It made me dislike him quite a bit, and just feel terrible for Layla. Is this a new kind of thing for him?

The idea of a kind of mutant cure being available for mutants who just don't want to be mutants, and for it to NOT be an evil plan and forced on everyone is interesting. I've been meaning to bring it up in that other topic. Because there are plenty of mutants who's 'power' is just gross or drastically impedes their ability to enjoy life.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I haven't read a whole lot of Jamie's stories but this still kind of felt like a pretty major retcon. It made me dislike him quite a bit, and just feel terrible for Layla. Is this a new kind of thing for him?
    This is somehow not the first time Jamie left Layla behind on the farm to go perform science, and the previous time did not turn out well. They retired to Jamie's family farm after X-Factor ended, and then Jamie's next major appearance was when he went off to Muir Island to research the Terrigen mist killing mutants and died himself.

when is Selene coming?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    when is Selene coming?
    Next issue:

SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE!
    When a deal doesn't go as expected, it's important to be open to new investors. Enter Selene and Mastermind: two potential stakeholders who stand willing to prove their worth. Everyone loves you when you're on top, but who comes through in the clutch?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Next issue:

SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE!
    When a deal doesn't go as expected, it's important to be open to new investors. Enter Selene and Mastermind: two potential stakeholders who stand willing to prove their worth. Everyone loves you when you're on top, but who comes through in the clutch?
    Oooh this sounds good. I have to say i feel so much better about issue 1 and 2 after this issue and am loving the art. I think from issue one i was triggered by monet's behavior and im glad this issue showed she was actually not some corporate hero or fair boss like she was being presented as. Having let all three issues sit in my head makes me want to raise my review on this to a solid 8/10.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This was very strange to me. not to mention stupid, someone could tell Tini that one of Monet's powers is to be invulnerable. Unless that needle was made of adamatium or something special, it doesn't make any sense to me that it could pierce Monet's skin lol. As a Monet fan this pissed me off a bit.

It was nice to see Sofia after so many years inactive, and ignoring the horrible resurrection ritual better, so for me this was the first appearance of her in many years. she hopefully and she is used regularly in xbooks, she is very powerful and has quite original and useful powers.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oooh this sounds good. I have to say i feel so much better about issue 1 and 2 after this issue and am loving the art. I think from issue one i was triggered by monet's behavior and im glad this issue showed she was actually not some corporate hero or fair boss like she was being presented as. Having let all three issues sit in my head makes me want to raise my review on this to a solid 8/10.
    Agreed. Monet's story has become more interesting to me as much as I dislike her behavior this issue. It would be nice if Trinary and Sofia are kind of grounding cables for her as she gets herself in check. I like how they sprinted to her when Trinary realized she was in danger.

The issue did not seem so bad to me.
    Monet has screwed up many times in the past or had her junk kicked out of her excess ego.

My biggest problem was the lack of knowledge of the character, one of her powers is being INVULNERABLE.
    and pierce her skin with a simple needle?
    WTF.

It would make sense if it affected her with some gas or something like that, not for an ordinary needle to pierce her invulnerable skin😴😴

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Oh,.. so Sunspot, Neal and Bishop just appeared on one panel?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Did you also get mad when Vargas stabbed Rogue through Gambit.

Its a comic. Sometimes we just have to go with it.

I tend to think of it a different levels of invulvnerability.

You know like if you let someone punch you in the stomach. If you flex youre kind of invulnerable to it but if youre relaxed land really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Did you also get mad when Vargas stabbed Rogue through Gambit.

Its a comic. Sometimes we just have to go with it.

I tend to think of it a different levels of invulvnerability.

You know like if you let someone punch you in the stomach. If you flex youre kind of invulnerable to it but if youre relaxed land really hard.
    I just figured it was secondary adamantium or she got a piece of mysterium some how.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The issue did not seem so bad to me.
    Monet has screwed up many times in the past or had her junk kicked out of her excess ego.

My biggest problem was the lack of knowledge of the character, one of her powers is being INVULNERABLE.
    and pierce her skin with a simple needle?
    WTF.

It would make sense if it affected her with some gas or something like that, not for an ordinary needle to pierce her invulnerable skin����
    I definitely agree this was the most problematic piece of the issue for me. Bullets literally bounce off of her skin .. My thing is whereas I enjoy the new Penance aspect of her power I don't want them to forget everything else Monet is already capable of to try and fit it into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Oh,.. so Sunspot, Neal and Bishop just appeared on one panel?
    They appeared throughout the issue here and there. Madrox didn't take into account proper venting for their powers so there was a moment where it got dicey and things could have exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by knowmadic View Post
    I definitely agree this was the most problematic piece of the issue for me. Bullets literally bounce off of her skin .. My thing is whereas I enjoy the new Penance aspect of her power I don't want them to forget everything else Monet is already capable of to try and fit it into the story.

Exactly. That was the only thing that bothered me.
    Monet and her skin resist explosions and bullets being discharged into her skin. and pierce it with a common needle. That shouldn't have happened.

You are right 🤦🏻 it seems that they are assuming that her invulnerability is in penance mode and it is not.By the way, that transformation seems unnecessary to me, Monet doesn't need it with her regular powers, besides, what happened to Penance? As far as I remember it was another living being apart 🤣

Or they decided to forget about it for Monet to have that transformation.