Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The origin of the modern Champions, though streamlined a tad. They should ignore Civil War II, and just have some other incident prompt Kamala to decide to quit the Avengers and gather her own team. What happened in issue 1 was that Kamala recruited Spider-Man and Nova (who'd quit the Avengers before her, but an adaptation wouldn't need to keep their ex-Avengers status), Miles then brings in Amadeus (this would make sense in a cartoon as Miles did meet the Totally Awesome Hulk in the recently finished Spider-Man cartoon - in the comics, they'd previously had a team up), who in turn recruits Viv (whose backstory would need to be explained, use flashbacks for that). They could skip to the end of Waid's run then, bringing in Ironheart, Wasp (who both joined in Waid's last arc, Champion For a Day), and Snowguard (who joined in Zub's first arc, Northern Lights).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There was a sort of adaptation of 1984 Secret Wars in one of the Spider-Man animation series. According to the linked article it was a 3 parter and with a downsized cast from the original comic book, using mostly Spider-Man characters. I'm going to try and find it on my Disney Plus.
    If you need help with that, it was the 90s Spider-Man animated series, near the end of the fifth and final season. Aside from Spider-Man himself (and later the Black Cat), there was the Lizard substituting for the Hulk (since UPN wouldn't let Fox use the character for a guest appearance), Storm representing the X-Men, Iron Man and Captain America (who'd both guest-starred in Spider-Man before), and the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The origin of the modern Champions, though streamlined a tad. They should ignore Civil War II, and just have some other incident prompt Kamala to decide to quit the Avengers and gather her own team. What happened in issue 1 was that Kamala recruited Spider-Man and Nova (who'd quit the Avengers before her, but an adaptation wouldn't need to keep their ex-Avengers status), Miles then brings in Amadeus (this would make sense in a cartoon as Miles did meet the Totally Awesome Hulk in the recently finished Spider-Man cartoon - in the comics, they'd previously had a team up), who in turn recruits Viv (whose backstory would need to be explained, use flashbacks for that). They could skip to the end of Waid's run then, bringing in Ironheart, Wasp (who both joined in Waid's last arc, Champion For a Day), and Snowguard (who joined in Zub's first arc, Northern Lights).
    That would be a good idea, too.

I'd throw in Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #1-12 by Mark Millar, since it was an excellent showcase and reinterpretation of Spider-Man/Peter Parker, those close to him, and his rogues --- especially the Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, the ultimate architect of so much of Peter's suffering over the years.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spider-Man: Life Story
    The Kang Dynasty
    Ultron Unlimited
    Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier (2014)
    God Loves, Man Kills
    Kraven's Last Hunt
    Doctor Strange: The Oath
    Thor: Prey
    Inhumans (1998)
    Daredevil: The End
    The Last Iron Fist Story
    Secret Wars (2015)
    The Vision (2015)
    Moon Knight (2016)
    Iron Man: The Rapture
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    1984's Secret Wars.
    the "original" Hobgoblin's debut in Spider-Man

still not sure why Marvel isn't more aggressive in putting these out compared to DC.

I actually enjoyed the Lions Gate produced films, but I think I'm only among a few who do in retrospect.
    DC had the full force of Warner Animation behind them. Marvel Animation was ran badly under Loeb.

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    DC had the full force of Warner Animation behind them. Marvel Animation was ran badly under Loeb.
    Well, he's not there anymore, and with Big Hero 6's Oscar win, as well as the upcoming What If...?, I doubt Disney would mind throwing a few bucks and a new department head their way.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Dr Strange: The Oath
    Runaways
    Thor God Butcher/God Bomb
    Thanos Wins
    Triumph & Torment

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Thor God Butcher/God Bomb
    Oh that's a great choice. Not sure how well Thor sells, but that would make for a really banger of a film, and one with a plot that can easily be marketed.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Triumph & Torment
    This!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

In total agreement with the choice of Triumph & Torment, especially if they're able to get the same studio that did Mignola's Hellboy animated films:
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-16-2021 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Ultimate Member

First year arc of Thunderbolts, or Alpha Flight, or Young Avengers, or Runaways, or Agents of Atlas (the original group with Namora and U-51, Gorilla Man and Venus *and* the new group with Brawn and Silk, White Fox and Wave!).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    First year arc of Thunderbolts, or Alpha Flight, or Young Avengers, or Runaways, or Agents of Atlas (the original group with Namora and U-51, Gorilla Man and Venus *and* the new group with Brawn and Silk, White Fox and Wave!).
    Those would be good, too, especially Thunderbolts and Agents of Atlas.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Good choice....it would great if it was done as a mini series

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In total agreement with the choice of Triumph & Torment, especially if they're able to get the same studio that did Mignola's Hellboy animated films:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Good choice....it would great if it was done as a mini series
    OMG! You're choosing a mini-series?! I thought for sure you'd pick a film adaptation (LOL):

Triumph and Torment
    Books of Doom
    Coming of Galactus
    Spider-Girl Vol1

Doomwar
    Secret War
    Trial of Reed Richards
    War of Kings
    Operation Galactic Storm
    Annihilation
    Annihilation Conquest