Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Issue #4's drunken werewolf hunt was another fun romp. This is not a great series, but i appreciate the light hearted stories. Too often the Hellboyverse is all doom and gloom.
    Yeah, not the greatest but I feel it's a lot more level in quality than Hellboy and the BPRD has been.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Head and shoulders above House of Lost Horizons and Lady Baltimore.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Would you recommend this mini to someone new to Hellboy who doesn't really want to start from begging and doesn't want continuity heavy stuff like Acheron?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Would you recommend this mini to someone new to Hellboy who doesn't really want to start from begging and doesn't want continuity heavy stuff like Acheron?
    Maybe, the characters are from previous Mignolaverse series, but the stories are stand alone. You could read the first one and see if you like it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Maybe, the characters are from previous Mignolaverse series, but the stories are stand alone. You could read the first one and see if you like it.
    Basically this, they're not really Hellboy stories but just random "ghost" stories being told in a pub in the Hellboy universe. It's basically a horror anthology that only features one story an issue.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

One caveat, they are fun stories, but not great. I would not decide whether to read more Hellboy only based on this series.

But would Silver Lantern Club perhaps be a good transition into the Sir Edward Grey: Witchfinder books if somebody hasn't already read those?

NOTE: I myself have read them and enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But would Silver Lantern Club perhaps be a good transition into the Sir Edward Grey: Witchfinder books if somebody hasn't already read those?

NOTE: I myself have read them and enjoyed them.
    They'd work for introducing readers to Gray or Sarah Jewell

Latest issue was another fun adventure, nothing amazing but a decent read.

I agree, fun story with good art. HB and BPRD evolved into the world hanging in the balance and dark endings, so light story with humor is a welcome divergence.