Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Anole has been extremely annoying in this era. He acts like a 12 yr old twink w a stick up his ass.

He should be hanging out w the Academy kids.
    Err he don't tryna die lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    😅🤷🏻

And poor Martha who has spent years of agony in a jar and has been with the Xmen for years, she is still waiting for a body lol.
    She's been on drugs the whole time tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Kenjie would be so proud of No-girl (What an offensive name!) right now. This character development tracks!
    Kiiinda I mean she did already have a body
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If no-girl is in gabby body when the back up happens would her personality overwrite gabby?
    No girl would just go back in her fishbowl
    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That would be a pretty lame cop-out. Bring up the big problem of if Gabby 'counts' as a person on Krakoa only to brush it aside and avoid the topic for the near future. I suppose they could refuse and then the kids use that to bring her back. In which case Gabby should grab Laura and bolt from the island.

Its pretty creepy that No-Girl immediately decided to body hop into Gabby's corpse.
    lol Dude Right? Like she couldn't wait to get in there...I bet it'd be hard for her to leave her brain was torn from her body...2nd body was basically meat puppet for some sadistic sexy post new wave artist. And now there's a perfectly good empty one that's basically indestructible
    GrindrStone(D)

It's funny to me how they cloned a whole adult body for Legion before Xavier decided "eh, maybe not" and apparently were ready to throw it back on the compost, but just hatching a new body for No-Girl apparently takes too much effort for anyone to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It's funny to me how they cloned a whole adult body for Legion before Xavier decided "eh, maybe not" and apparently were ready to throw it back on the compost, but just hatching a new body for No-Girl apparently takes too much effort for anyone to bother.
    shes prob traumatised since that would mean she was on her 3rd brand new body
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Yes No Girl is basically possessing her and speaking through her.
    Thanks.

I didn't know what No-Girl's powers are so I checked her Wiki power list. It includes mind possession just like Karma. It seems like Karma's power is similar to No-Girl.

Karma also has telepathy powers but recently it was sort of forgotten by the recent writers that it ever existed. They all went back to her original powers in Chris Claremont's time.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Anole has been extremely annoying in this era. He acts like a 12 yr old twink w a stick up his ass.

He should be hanging out w the Academy kids.
    It's my on real complaint of Vita's run so far.

If we get a reveal that he's sad about Rockslide as a handwavey explanation I guess that could work as showing why he's acting out of character.

You could argue that Rain Boy is as much a part of Academy X as Bling or anyone else from that weird Mystique seducing Gambit as a teen arc.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Thanks.

I didn't know what No-Girl's powers are so I checked her Wiki power list. It includes mind possession just like Karma. It seems like Karma's power is similar to No-Girl.

Karma also has telepathy powers but recently it was sort of forgotten by the recent writers that it ever existed. They all went back to her original powers in Chris Claremont's time.
    Very few people with telepathic powers don't have some degree of mind control as well....unless its stated they can only "hear peoples thoughts" etc. Karma is just 'supposed' (at least to me) the best but she does get nerfed a lot. Are you talking about when her powers were expanded in that Still pretty fvcking terrible New Mutants:Truth or Dare min? THat is literally the only thing I liked about that series, the only thing! Yet Im willing to let it be forgotten if means no one ever referencing that story again.
    But when comparing the two I'd say No-Girl has power Similar to Karma's, maybe slightly better than the avg telepath who I guess has to focus on what their own body is doing wile in command of others, but Martha doesnt have that sort of block
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Yes No Girl is basically possessing her and speaking through her.
    Weird question about Martha. In the original Morrison run, I thought 'No-Girl' was the name of a completely made-up character that the friends of a rather dumb mutant named Basilisk told him fancied him (an 'invisible girl' he'd never be able to see, and wasn't smart enough to realize his friends had made up to reassure him that a girl somewhere actually liked him), and Martha Johanssen was the brain-in-a-jar telepath who was friends with Ernst. They were completely different characters, as far as I could tell (one a 'real girl,' albeit a brain-in-a-jar, and one a total fiction, made up to make Basilisk feel a bit less like a chump, before Xorneto killed him for being annoying...).

But since then, it seems like *Martha* has been called 'No Girl.' Did Martha take the name as her own? Did people just conflate the two? Am I completely high and Martha was always pretending to be the 'No Girl' that liked Basilisk, who was, frankly, pretty unlikable? (Particularly given that she's pretty smart, and he seemed to be confused about everything, and considered fart jokes to be highbrow entertainment...)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I was indeed remembering that when i wrote that someone could make a body out of her cells. Though i was thinking of a proper one and not a flesh robot body like that, though that could in theory be an option too. But yes. No reason beyond drama or "she feels fine that way" for her not to have a body without having to outright die for it.
    Yeah, it's never made any sense that A) someone like Wiz Kid, Forge or Madison Jeffries didn't make her a robot body, or B) someone like Elixir didn't grow her an organic body using his powers (he can regenerate organs, as he did with Prodigy's missing heart, and even by himself, could probably grow her an entire body from her brain's cells, even without the help of Hope and Proteus and Tempus, or Triage, Lionel Jeffries or the Morlock Healer!), or C) Sinister's cloning tech hasn't been used to grow her a new body, because Sinister could always use a telepath of her power-level in his debt!

The only reason she doesn't have a body yet is because the writers haven't freaking bothered yet. I can't blame the various adult X-Men (or Elixir, etc.) for not doing it, or Martha for not floating over and asking them to do so, because it's not the *character's* faults that the *writers* don't really care for writing them in-character.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-17-2021 at 04:24 AM.

The five made more than a dozen Kate Prydes before Emma realized why the resurrections weren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Weird question about Martha. In the original Morrison run, I thought 'No-Girl' was the name of a completely made-up character that the friends of a rather dumb mutant named Basilisk told him fancied him (an 'invisible girl' he'd never be able to see, and wasn't smart enough to realize his friends had made up to reassure him that a girl somewhere actually liked him), and Martha Johanssen was the brain-in-a-jar telepath who was friends with Ernst. They were completely different characters, as far as I could tell (one a 'real girl,' albeit a brain-in-a-jar, and one a total fiction, made up to make Basilisk feel a bit less like a chump, before Xorneto killed him for being annoying...).

But since then, it seems like *Martha* has been called 'No Girl.' Did Martha take the name as her own? Did people just conflate the two? Am I completely high and Martha was always pretending to be the 'No Girl' that liked Basilisk, who was, frankly, pretty unlikable? (Particularly given that she's pretty smart, and he seemed to be confused about everything, and considered fart jokes to be highbrow entertainment

This is all correct. Martha never officially took the name for herself, but like many things in Morrison's run, it got missinterpreted later. So now Martha is No-Girl.

BANNED

Just accept that there's nothing logical in how the resurrections work. Even when it SHOULD, it's never going to be used to remove a "defining" physical characteristic.

If Gabby gets a standard resurrection, she's going to come back with her nanites.

If Martha herself dies, they're not going to give her a body, just stick her back in the jar.

If Hellion dies, he'll get rez'ed with artificial hands so cheap the X-Men couldn't even be bothered to make them fully functional — like Forge's and Karma's legs — so instead he has to use his TK to work them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Just accept that there's nothing logical in how the resurrections work. Even when it SHOULD, it's never going to be used to remove a "defining" physical characteristic.

If Gabby gets a standard resurrection, she's going to come back with her nanites.

If Martha herself dies, they're not going to give her a body, just stick her back in the jar.

If Hellion dies, he'll get rez'ed with artificial hands so cheap the X-Men couldn't even be bothered to make them fully functional — like Forge's and Karma's legs — so instead he has to use his TK to work them.
    Malice got a body…
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    This is all correct. Martha never officially took the name for herself, but like many things in Morrison's run, it got missinterpreted later. So now Martha is No-Girl.
    That's what I was thinking, but I hadn't read the Morrison run for many months, and couldn't be sure. It is odd how much has changed from his run to now. Obviously stuff like Xorn and Magneto has been intentionally changed, but other stuff like Martha being misnamed as No-Girl, or Quentin and Cassandra mysteriously becoming telekinetics (they were originally 'just' telepaths, IIRC), is just 'what?'

And Ugly John is still dead.

Astonishing Member

Malice got a body…
    Like that means anything. The xmen are clearly making this up as they go along..

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Like that means anything. The xmen are clearly making this up as they go along..
    That's why it's so fun
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I’d like to see No-Girl vs Toad in the crucible
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”