Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Karma is just 'supposed' (at least to me) the best but she does get nerfed a lot. Are you talking about when her powers were expanded in that Still pretty fvcking terrible New Mutants:Truth or Dare min?
    No, I'm talking about Zeb Wells New Mutants run.

Anyway, I hope that Martha gets her own body back soon.

I like the characterization part that Vita is giving to the book although I wasn't happy that she didn't give Karma her real leg back.

Vita was ok with handicapped people but not happy with Martha being just a brain?
    Last edited by ericng; 07-18-2021 at 03:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Vita was ok with handicapped people but not happy with Martha being just a brain?
    Well, all those brains-in-jars reading the book will have to find their rep elsewhere, I guess. (DC's Ze Brain?)

Seriously though, on the subject of representation, I do wish that Martha was revealed to have been a POC in some flashback. Her *name* suggests some Scandinavian blue-eyed blonde, but we have enough of that, and it's entirely possible to have a name like 'Johanssen' and have a black or Asian mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Well, all those brains-in-jars reading the book will have to find their rep elsewhere, I guess. (DC's Ze Brain?)

Seriously though, on the subject of representation, I do wish that Martha was revealed to have been a POC in some flashback. Her *name* suggests some Scandinavian blue-eyed blonde, but we have enough of that, and it's entirely possible to have a name like 'Johanssen' and have a black or Asian mom.
    In my headcanon Martha's def a POC
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    In my headcanon Martha's def a POC
    She's all, "Yes, please, grow me a body, but I want to be a sister, 'cause Storm is *soooo* awesome, and I do NOT want to be mistaken for a sixth creepy clone Cuckoo..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She's all, "Yes, please, grow me a body, but I want to be a sister, 'cause Storm is *soooo* awesome, and I do NOT want to be mistaken for a sixth creepy clone Cuckoo..."
    If I could come back in any body I'd go absolutely fricking hog wild. Come on Medical Science, let's do this!

I know there is growing pains creating a new type of nation, but there needs to be some sort of constitution and better defined laws. The way these mutants are dying, I can't see why Martha and Cosmar just don't go on a mission and get killed like it was shown in Way of X. It has been stated that mutants can request things to the Five. Hell, Martha would automatically get a new body anyway. As for Cosmar, have Leech stay with her until she learns how to control her powers. Leech been around for over 35 years, he's have to be old enough to control his own powers where he can localize who he depowers.
    I can see what Dani and Magik are trying to do with the kids, but the adults are failing them. Look what Emma did to Bobby when she took over his mind back-in-the-day. Why can't any telepath do the same thing for these kids. Maybe Rain boy can transform back the same way Bobby can? If there is no longer a Danger Room, then why not train in the mental-scape until their physical bodies can handle their mutations?
    I realize that's not the story they're trying to tell, but some of these books are so inconsistent it's galling.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I know there is growing pains creating a new type of nation, but there needs to be some sort of constitution and better defined laws. The way these mutants are dying, I can't see why Martha and Cosmar just don't go on a mission and get killed like it was shown in Way of X. It has been stated that mutants can request things to the Five. Hell, Martha would automatically get a new body anyway. As for Cosmar, have Leech stay with her until she learns how to control her powers. Leech been around for over 35 years, he's have to be old enough to control his own powers where he can localize who he depowers.
    Yeah, he can. He did so to help Hazmat have a day of normal life (suppressing her power to be toxic and radioactive) in the pages of Avengers Academy, so it's definitely a thing.

But Cosmar would benefit even more, IMO, from just hanging out with Proteus for a while, a fellow warper who can and has altered his own physical appearance (since his body is normally not purple, glowing and sexless). Just fixing her body or growing her a new one seems pointless if her next bad dream or temper tantrum is going to warp it again. She needs to learn *control.* Fix the problem, not play whack-a-mole with the symptoms.

I can see what Dani and Magik are trying to do with the kids, but the adults are failing them. Look what Emma did to Bobby when she took over his mind back-in-the-day. Why can't any telepath do the same thing for these kids. Maybe Rain boy can transform back the same way Bobby can?
    Yeah, it's appalling that Amal Farouk is the only one even *trying* to work with these kids. Where are all the dozens of other telepaths?

Bring in Fixx or Tangerine or Mentat (A boy telepath! A *black* telepath!) or that fifth Cuckoo nobody likes cause she's a psycho-killer who turned on the others, if the 'big names' are too damn important! (Exodus has even been shown expressing an interest in the kids, if only to push his pretender hate-memes, so he's got even less of an excuse than Jean or Betsy or Xavier, who have their own stuff going on. And Nanny, that's just right up her alley, helping kids with her telepathy!)

Don’t go to Twitter but this issue is going to be annoying if you really know about what era Anole and Rain Boy were introduced in.

This inconsistency is taking me way out of the story and Vita should know