Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super) vs Super 17 (Dragon Ball GT)

How well does Future Trunks fare against this 17?

Given that Super characters operate on a completely different tier of power than GT (especially since GT actually seems to depower the characters in terms of feats and presentation), and Trunks isn't going to be hit by a sudden case of PIS to keep bombarding Hipsterteen with ki shots after he first realizes that he's absorbing them, Hipsterteen becomes metallic sashimi.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Given that Super characters operate on a completely different tier of power than GT (especially since GT actually seems to depower the characters in terms of feats and presentation), and Trunks isn't going to be hit by a sudden case of PIS to keep bombarding Hipsterteen with ki shots after he first realizes that he's absorbing them, Hipsterteen becomes metallic sashimi.
    Pretty much where I'm at. Super Future Trunks hits that Super Saiyan Rage form, not much that 17 can do against him. Even Trunks' SS2 form is above the norm. And Future Trunks being who he is; he's not gonna "play" with Super 17. Super 17 is gonna end up like Fused Zamasu did.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Pretty much where I'm at. Super Future Trunks hits that Super Saiyan Rage form, not much that 17 can do against him. Even Trunks' SS2 form is above the norm. And Future Trunks being who he is; he's not gonna "play" with Super 17. Super 17 is gonna end up like Fused Zamasu did.
    future trunks tended to not play with his food, unlike his dad and goku. if the chance comes, he will merc hipster 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Wouldn't 17 need a fedora to count as a hipster?

Extraordinary Member

I've never seen GT so my main exposure to Super 17 is the Xenoverse games, and he sounds so whiney there. Pretty easily the lamest of the GT villains.

As for the fight, Super Future Trunks brings out his sword and slices S17 to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I've never seen GT so my main exposure to Super 17 is the Xenoverse games, and he sounds so whiney there. Pretty easily the lamest of the GT villains.

As for the fight, Super Future Trunks brings out his sword and slices S17 to shreds.
    Even in the anime, Super 17 was the lamest of the GT villains. The only good part, was that we got to see 18 back in action (if not as effective as you would want her to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Even in the anime, Super 17 was the lamest of the GT villains. The only good part, was that we got to see 18 back in action (if not as effective as you would want her to be).
    I feel like 18 peaked with her fight against Super Saiyan Vegeta and then it all went downhill from there. It's telling that her counterpart in Future Trunks's timeline is the first of the two Androids he dispatches.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I feel like 18 peaked with her fight against Super Saiyan Vegeta and then it all went downhill from there. It's telling that her counterpart in Future Trunks's timeline is the first of the two Androids he dispatches.
    She got several badass moments in the Tournament of Power in DBS, at least in the anime. Hell, the only reason she was eliminated when she was is because she saved 17 from that fate. He then became the MVP of the whole thing so that was a solid move on her part.

the only reason he was a threat was due to that ki-absorbtion power he had. and when goku goes to fight him, he spends most of it, throwing ki blasts, which he easily absorbs. and when goku realizes this, what does he do? THROW MORE KI BLASTS!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the only reason he was a threat was due to that ki-absorbtion power he had. and when goku goes to fight him, he spends most of it, throwing ki blasts, which he easily absorbs. and when goku realizes this, what does he do? THROW MORE KI BLASTS!
    To be specific, he has 18 shoot ki blasts at 17 who absorbs them, leaving him open for Goku to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To be specific, he has 18 shoot ki blasts at 17 who absorbs them, leaving him open for Goku to attack.
    not talking about how the fight ended. goku figured it out mid fight and still kept doing it. i know SSJ4 causes goku to lose a bit of common sense and sanity but that was just utterly stupid

She got several badass moments in the Tournament of Power in DBS, at least in the anime. Hell, the only reason she was eliminated when she was is because she saved 17 from that fate. He then became the MVP of the whole thing so that was a solid move on her part.
    #18's highlights also include defeating a character bragging about her impenetrable barrier by picking her up, with her barrier, and tossing her out of the ring, and punching Super Ribrianne in the face after she disrespected Krillin.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not talking about how the fight ended. goku figured it out mid fight and still kept doing it. i know SSJ4 causes goku to lose a bit of common sense and sanity but that was just utterly stupid
    He was merely warming up until he could gain an opening to use his strongest form, Base Kid Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    He was merely warming up until he could gain an opening to use his strongest form, Base Kid Goku.
    His combos as base kid are based... I kid.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    #18's highlights also include defeating a character bragging about her impenetrable barrier by picking her up, with her barrier, and tossing her out of the ring, and punching Super Ribrianne in the face after she disrespected Krillin.

i still say kid goku beat more foes than ssj4 goku.