Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nicola Scott is such an amazing artist.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Nicola Scott is such an amazing artist.
    So true. This is beautiful and the use of light defies description!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's very awkward that Perez/Wolfman had to take an already great story and re-work since Donna needed a new origin.

Seeing as how the Scythians are considered an inspiration for the Amazons of the myths, would it be appropriate to have them be featured in the Wonder Woman comics?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-09-2023 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seeing as how the Scythians are sighted as an inspiration for the Amazons of the myths, would it be appropriate to have them be featured in the Wonder Woman comics?
    Yeah, definitely. I certainly did in my own personal canon.

There was also some back-and-forth trading between the ancient greeks and some of the Scythian tribes. It would make sense for the Amazons to have both Scythian influences (like tattoos and 'mushroom parties' >_>).

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seeing as how the Scythians are sighted as an inspiration for the Amazons of the myths, would it be appropriate to have them be featured in the Wonder Woman comics?
    I think it'd be awesome if the Amazons had more overt Scythian influence and some of it is already kind of built in, intentionally or otherwise. A lot of the iconography (animal motifs on weapons/armor, lassoes, woman warriors in general) is much more Scythian than Greek and Hestia being the head of the pantheon definitely tracks with the lore.

I actually think in general it'd be cool if they worshipped the Scythian pantheon instead of the Olympians. It's more matriarchal than the Greek pantheon and it has enough overlap with Greek mythology to be familiar but it's still distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, definitely. I certainly did in my own personal canon.

There was also some back-and-forth trading between the ancient greeks and some of the Scythian tribes. It would make sense for the Amazons to have both Scythian influences (like tattoos and 'mushroom parties' >_>).
    Big yes to tattooed Amazons, loved the look on Artemis in Earth One. And I'm on record saying I think they would and should rock with...*ahem*...a variety of natural solutions. Though who even knows what crazy sci-fi drugs the Golden Age Amazons must've been on...

Now that I think about it, the Amazons turning to the Scythian pantheon in Simone's run instead of a Hawain god would have made more sense.

Incredible Member

Speaking of the Greek Gods, several of them will appear in SHAZAM! #2. I wonder how they're going to be written, especially since they're all vying for power over Shazam? I mean, Zeus versus Hercules versus Atlas versus Achilles versus Mercury?

Billy Batson was given the powers of the gods by the Wizard Shazam—but Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury never gave the Wizard their permission. Displeased with how Billy is representing them, the disgruntled gods engage in a six-way fight for sole control of the World’s Mightiest Mortal…or, if they get their way, the World’s Mightiest Puppet.
    I wonder if they've all interacted before? And has Achilles ever appeared in any Wonder Woman stories?

And Mercury is Hermes, right? Is he wearing Roman clothes in the picture? And what do you think of their appearance?

Achilles was brought to life by Zeus and played a prominent role in Gail Simone's The Rise of the Olympian story arc.
    The Roman and Greek pantheons are different or at least they were in DC Comics, we would have to see how they are used in this story.
    With the exception of Solomon they all appeared in WW stories.

Trying something out 1/2

2/2

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Speaking of the Greek Gods, several of them will appear in SHAZAM! #2. I wonder how they're going to be written, especially since they're all vying for power over Shazam? I mean, Zeus versus Hercules versus Atlas versus Achilles versus Mercury?

I wonder if they've all interacted before? And has Achilles ever appeared in any Wonder Woman stories?

And Mercury is Hermes, right? Is he wearing Roman clothes in the picture? And what do you think of their appearance?

Yep. Golden age. It's was during the earliest stories of Giganta, when she was transformed from a gorilla into a woman. Some scientist had a machine that speeds up the evolution process. We went from cave men to the golden age, to ancient greece where she met her mother and Achilles.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Pele was such an amazing fight.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Pele was such an amazing fight.
    I have not seen DC's Pele, except for these panels and she seems tough.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!