Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Can someone walk me through which godesses are which in these pics?

I know the Middle one is Hera

Lower right is Hestia

Not sure who the other 5 are, I know they are suposssed to be Athena, Aphrodite, Artemis, Demeter and...not sure who the last one is...

-I'm gonna guess top left is Aphrodite

-Top middle is Artemis

-Bottom left is Athena

-Bottom middle is Demeter

Top row (left to right): Artemis, Persephone, Athena

Middle row: Hera

Bottom row (left to right): Demeter, Aphrodite, Hestia.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Attachment 111520

Attachment 111521

Aphrodite definitely exudes a lot more power just from her design here vs the Perez one. The star-like quality to her "aura" makes me think they are going to be drawing inspiration from her Aphrodite Urania incarnation, where she governs over "spiritual love" and the heavens, while Aphrodite Pandemos governs over physical love and is more Earthly. Urania was also the version of Aphrodite that had an equivalent goddess in the Scythinan pantheon.

Attachment 111522

Artemis is interesting in that of course our protagonist is named after her Roman counterpart, and in myth she was the only goddess I believe that was on good terms with the Amazons. Otrera built a temple to her, but interestingly it doesn't seem the Scythians had a counterpart for her. I think of the Amazon patrons, she should form a triad with Athena and Aphrodite in the modern day, but maybe is the lesser of the three. For Golden Age tradition I'd rather Athena and Aphrodite be the dominant Amazon patrons, with maybe Rucka's explanation for why they are more powerful than other Olympians save Ares being the reason why. But Artemis would still be important, and it'd be kind of neat to divide the patron goddesses into two groups: the younger three who have leveled up and hold more sway in the modern day but maybe is the lesser of the three. For Golden Age tradition I'd rather Athena and Aphrodite be the dominant Amazon patrons, with maybe Rucka's explanation for why they are more powerful than other Olympians save Ares being the reason why. But Artemis would still be important, and it'd be kind of neat to divide the patron goddesses into two groups: the younger three who have leveled up and hold more sway in the modern day (Aphrodite, Athena and Artemis) and the elder three who don't pack the punch they used to but are still venerated and vitally important for the Amazons in their early days (Hera, Demeter and Hestia).
    Idea I kind of had for Artemis is that when Diana gets granted powers Artemis is where she gets good chunk of all the physical powers (speed, strength, flight, invulnerability, and the obvious animal telepathy).
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-15-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Top left is Artemis, top right is Athena, middle is Hera, bottom left is Demeter, bottom middle is Aphrodite and Hestia is on the right.

I'm not sure who top middle is, but I'm guessing it is Persephone. Jimenez said there were 14 gods and confirmed Hades will be in it, so I think she is the most likely candidate.
    (well I was way off in my guesses )

Wh-oa, Athena's being a creeper she is. There's not a design among the batch I don't love.

Thanks for the info!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I always "hear" Rip Torn's voice when it comes to Zeus thanks to the Disney movie.
    Makes some scenes kind of awkward lol.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    (well I was way off in my guesses )

Wh-oa, Athena's being a creeper she is. There's not a design among the batch I don't love.

Thanks for the info!

No prob!

And yes Athena seems more abstract than normal. A floating statue is creepy, but also acts as an intimidating counterpart to Ares in full blue armor.

I always "hear" Rip Torn's voice when it comes to Zeus thanks to the Disney movie.
    Makes some scenes kind of awkward lol.
    Try reading New 52 Hades in James Woods voice if you want a laugh.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't have a favorite Aphrodite yet. My definitive Aphrodite in general is Alexandra Tydings in Hercules and Xena, and basically I just want that always ^^

Zeus... basically when I think of Zeus it's always Perez version. Classic bearded old man with white cloud hair. The dreads are not doing it for me, and even though Zeus has been depicted younger with dark brown hair even in renaissance paintings, I always have to imagine him with white cloud hair. At the darkest it should be grey like lightning cloud.
    Snyders Zeus was definitely....woof

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I see they're all on that new workout plan Hollywood stars have been using....steroids.

Personally not a fan of these "costumes" and the actors pretty much sum up my problem with a lot of Snyder's vision of the gods. I still think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (aka Jamie Lannister) would have made a prefect Ares.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I see they're all on that new workout plan Hollywood stars have been using....steroids.

Personally not a fan of these "costumes" and the actors pretty much sum up my problem with a lot of Snyder's vision of the gods. I still think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (aka Jamie Lannister) would have made a prefect Ares.
    They weren't actors, they are genuine body builders. Their probability of using steroids is just as much as any other body builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He looks more like Herakles.... or The Chauvinist

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah he looks like classic movies Hercules. Speaking of which, aside from that, I also don't have an ideal vision of Hercules. Kevin Sorbo was not big enough, Arnold is more Terminator for me, The Rock is The Rock, so classic Hercules movie actor Steve Reeves is the closest... and therefore that Zeus.

In comics that would be the Perez version.

Okay yeah this Hera slaps
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-16-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    They weren't actors, they are genuine body builders. Their probability of using steroids is just as much as any other body builder.
    They were acting as characters in a film. By that definition, they were actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    He looks more like Herakles.... or The Chauvinist
    Given what Zeus is like in the myths as well as the comics, perhaps it was appropriate.

Should Artemis the goddess go by Artume? Or should Artemis the Amazon be the one who undergoes the name change? The former's exclusion often happens because of the latter's presence.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Should Artemis the goddess go by Artume? Or should Artemis the Amazon be the one who undergoes the name change? The former's exclusion often happens because of the latter's presence.
    Moon is fine

Oh I also like First Born's bloody thorn crown look.

How did he get to look like that, again?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-16-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They could start calling Bana Artemis by Orana, who was the pre-Crisis Amazon she was based on.

Rucka's reshuffle of the pantheon was probably one of my favorite things about his run and thus also one of the things upended for IC and never picked up again.