Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
    Incredible Member

The comic scene. I always wonder. What can WW actually do to Ares? She can't kill him. He is a god. She once did cut in half with her sword and it took a long time for him to heal. But what could she do to him, that wasn't more than a bad annoyance?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    The comic scene. I always wonder. What can WW actually do to Ares? She can't kill him. He is a god. She once did cut in half with her sword and it took a long time for him to heal. But what could she do to him, that wasn't more than a bad annoyance?

This isn't Mortal Kombat. You don't just kill all your enemies.

Stopping Ares's plans is more important than trying to actually fight him since... Ares can't just run rampant in "Man's World" anyways.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cassie and Donna have both had similar outfits, but this one feels very.... Fourth World. So much so I thought it was a New God when seeing the panel.
    Yeah, it's not something that I would associate with the WW family. Starfield costumes are cool, but should be reserved for cosmic characters. It worked for Donna Troy was raised by Titans in space, but if that origin is gone -- so should her black/silver/starfield costumes go.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Hera is back with The Quintessence (sure...she never left). Maybe they wont be throwaways again and just used to be killed.

Anytime the Wonderverse factors in other books it's a good thing, as long as there's a strong showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If Paradise Lost does not give us this level of beauty in live action....keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If Paradise Lost does not give us this level of beauty in live action....keep it.
    A show that it isn’t production can’t take inspiration from anything.

I’ll believe that show exists when we get an air date for the first pilot.

Like, id love for the show to happen. But with Warner Discovery as it is currently canceling shows and movies left and right and using tax write offs to pretend that they are not failing utterly. Which is not working as shareholders are washing their hands of the whole thing and creatives are growing more reluctant to even get involved with the unreliable studio....I will be surprised if the upcoming Superman movie even happens.

Bear in mind that James Gunn worked on that Coyote vs ACME movie that cancelled. So there is no reason to expect Zsaslav to have any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Like, id love for the show to happen. But with Warner Discovery as it is currently canceling shows and movies left and right and using tax write offs to pretend that they are not failing utterly. Which is not working as shareholders are washing their hands of the whole thing and creatives are growing more reluctant to even get involved with the unreliable studio....I will be surprised if the upcoming Superman movie even happens.

Bear in mind that James Gunn worked on that Coyote vs ACME movie that cancelled. So there is no reason to expect Zsaslav to have any sense.
    I don't think a highly-touted, highly anticipated theatrical live action film starring a character that is arguably one of WB's biggest IPs (and inarguably the most iconic superhero IP of all time) is comparable to a "Coyote V Acme" animated film (or a Batman-adjacent female-led film that was earmarked for streaming [Batgirl]). And I say this as a Batgirl fan and a female-led-superhero movie fan.

What I mean is, Gunn's Superman is safe.
    I am honestly 100 % sure that the David Corensweet/Rachel Brosnahan CBM is in no danger of being Batgirled by Zaslav.

However, if that movie flops with audiences, critics (or with both), we are screwed, because we, as DC Comics fans, will go back to all-Batman-CBMs all the time, and nothing else.
    Ugh.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 03-04-2024 at 02:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

I like that Hestia was responsible for Wonder Woman's sisterhood with fire and the magic lasso's truth-telling ability. She's often overlooked both in the comics and in classical mythology discussions despite being one of the most important gods in the pantheon IRL (she presided over the hearth, home, and family) so it's nice she got some love.