Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They could start calling Bana Artemis by Orana, who was the pre-Crisis Amazon she was based on.
    Orana appeared in #750 as a separate character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Orana appeared in #750 as a separate character.
    That's true, but it remains to be seen if that will lead to anything. it's pretty much a blip on the radar at this point.

That's true, but it remains to be seen if that will lead to anything. it's pretty much a blip on the radar at this point.
    I suppose. Still, I do think it might be best to avoid having two characters with the same name. Artemis is different enough from Orana, admittedly due to having been around longer.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rucka's reshuffle of the pantheon was probably one of my favorite things about his run and thus also one of the things upended for IC and never picked up again.

Oh I forgot that's Hades. I like that one. Good middle ground between classic and candlehead

I like my gods as modern as possible and weird. Not weird to the point of looking stupid or goofy, but creepy and macabre. I think the weirdness fits Wonder Woman's world and it's a great update and replacement of the Golden and Silver Age's wackiness and hijinks. Though not a god, a case in point is the Keeper of the Grounds in the latest issue. Giant man dressed in ominous Edwardian clothing, with the head of a bird, a huge hat and a lantern on a weathered stick...it's a cool design.

V The Keeper of the Grounds.jpg

To the contrary, while a similar concept the depiction of Athena in Azzarello's run just looked stupid.

Athena_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg

There's a fine line artists have to walk. To that end my favorite versions of the gods are...

Ares with blond hair as the God of Conflict, black hair as prisoner of Themyscira and horrifying in armor as drawn by Liam Sharp

Apollo and Artemis as twins Sun and Moon

Phobos and Deimos as foppish 19th century brats

Athena with her owl on her shoulder and laptop in hand

Perez Poseidon with the bubble beard and massive trident

Hephaestus with molten rock arms and Hellboy influence

Aphrodite invisible so you have to use your imagination

Hermes golden flower delivery form from Earth 2

Demeter dreaded African earth mother

Hades with the candles but Rucka's undertaker was cool too

Strife is always preferable to the female Ares form of Eris

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh I forgot that's Hades. I like that one. Good middle ground between classic and candlehead
    Yeah, my favorite look too though I do like the candle head look.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I suppose. Still, I do think it might be best to avoid having two characters with the same name. Artemis is different enough from Orana, admittedly due to having been around longer.
    I don't know that Orana is really much of a distinct character. She basically just created the "red headed rival for Diana" archetype that was later used for Artemis and Aleka. Artemis is effectively the post-Crisis incarnation of Orana (basically a Barbara Minerva vs. Priscilla Rich situation). So having them both around is pretty redundant.

I think at this point both the Bana Artemis and goddess Artemis are too important and established for either to be re-named, but if it was possible I'd re-name her as Orana of the Bana-Mighdall.

I don't know that Orana is really much of a distinct character. She basically just created the "red headed rival for Diana" archetype that was later used for Artemis and Aleka. Artemis is effectively the post-Crisis incarnation of Orana (basically a Barbara Minerva vs. Priscilla Rich situation). So having them both around is pretty redundant.

I think at this point both the Bana Artemis and goddess Artemis are too important and established for either to be re-named, but if it was possible I'd re-name her as Orana of the Bana-Mighdall.
    Maybe Orana is her Bana name and Artemis is an honorific name given to her by the Themysciran Amazons.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As far as the two Artemis.....there's room enough for both of them and no need to change either of their names especially when the Goddess rarely plays a big role in WW.

I quite like the Orana idea, bit then again, I'm not a big follower of Artemis.

Any thoughts on the Bana gods?

I'd love for Jimenez to redesign them for a Historia issue along with several Bana Amazons with unique designs. The effort would probably kill the poor guy though lol. Or we wouldn't see it until 2030.

Any thoughts on the Bana gods?

I'd love for Jimenez to redesign them for a Historia issue along with several Bana Amazons with unique designs. The effort would probably kill the poor guy though lol. Or we wouldn't see it until 2030.
    Have they ever really appeared in WW?

And thinking about it now...should the Bana have some ties/history with Black Adam?

Incredible Member

Do the Banas worship the Egyptian gods? Has it been explored how the Tribe's relationship with the gods is?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Have they ever really appeared in WW?

And thinking about it now...should the Bana have some ties/history with Black Adam?
    In Jimenez's run they along with some of the Olympian Goddesses helped rebuild Themyscira after it was destroyed in the civil war and the Our Worlds At War crossover.

And they also showed back up after Hera kicked Themyscira back into the ocean. Like the other gods in Rucka's first run, they were given modernized looks also.