Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think just reducing the 'Goddess of Love' to a vixen who uses lust to seduce men and into the path of infidelity has it's own problematic ideals.

Marston was ahead of his time when he made his incarnation of Aphrodite a Goddess of all encompassing love; love between a mother and daughter, love between friends, love between family members, sisters, brothers, humanity as a whole and being the literal anti thesis of aggression and war. I still think taking a page out of Greek myths and having two separate Aphrodites is the way to go.
    Well, Aphrodite had many consorts, and had sex with Ares in Hephaestus's bed in one myth. I should mention, I prefer Marston's Aphrodite. Just stating it's not that wrong or far off.

Yep, there was also the fact that in some myths she cursed Hippolytus' step mom Phaedra to fall in love with her own step son because Hippolytus vowed an oath of chastity in the name of Artemis. (I'm surprised Hippolytus has never popped up in WW lore.)

Then there was that dude she randomly banged and had his kid but told him not to tell anyone it was her, the guy later bragged about it to his friends and promptly got fried by lightning.

I'm aware of how Aphrodite is depicted in myths but I don't think she should be confined to just that one take.

Luciano Vecchio

Apollo in WWB&G 3

Apolo.jpg

Speaking of Apollo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Apollo in WWB&G 3

Apolo.jpg
    God , I hate New 52 Apollo. He supposed to be the god of music, arts, archery, sunlight, flocks and herds, protection of the young, oracles, knowledge. Not to mention the most beautiful male god aka The Pretty Boy. Here he looks like Ares and is more bloodthirsty.
    Last edited by Veni; 08-24-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    God , I hate New 52 Apollo. He supposed to be the most beautiful male god aka The Pretty Boy. Here he looks like Ares and is more bloodthirsty.
    That wasnt his general look, he looked very pretty boy/suave in his initial apperances

Nu52 is one of the few things from Azzarello's run which I hope sticks around.

Beautiful Hera, but too lady for my taste

herawondergirl.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Beautiful Hera, but too lady for my taste

herawondergirl.jpg
    Hera is the Goddess of marriage, women, childbirth, and family so she is supposed to act and look like a lady

Jones’ Hera looks like Michelle Gomez.

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Hera is the Goddess of marriage, women, childbirth, and family so she is supposed to act and look like a lady
    Extra emphasis on supposed to. Especially when it comes to her duty.

He is the King of the Wood, who's like the 'Aquaman' of the Forests, ..and he is Queen Antiope's son. Like Cloonrad's JANUS, ..he's a Roman god. https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...of-hunter.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-25-2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Not gonna lie, not feeling the designs for Apollo, Zeus, and Ares from Historia. I am not a huge fan of them being half naked (and no, I don't care about female deities or other female characters being half naked for no particular reason either).