Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Seriously,that is too much for Bat-related books. I don't recall Marvel would release so many spidey-related books in a single months!!!
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 07-17-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just comical now how far you have to scroll down before you even get to a non Batbook solicit. I'm sorry, I know its already been complained about but the over-saturation is just that nuts. Promote your library better, maybe then you won't have to rely on this.
    What can you do when all of DCs bat books are their top selling

How are the other major characters' books doing? What are the latest numbers for Justice League, Superman, WW, Flash or GL. I imagine they can't be doing that bad. So why the incessant need to keep doing more and more and more Bat books.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-17-2021 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “This will be my final Batman story” Says Scott Snyder for the 100th Time. Dude just needs to own that he’ll never be done with Batman and that’s all he wants to write, which is totally fine!

Overall though I’m kind of surprised that we’re not getting more announcements about what’s spinning out of Infinite Frontier.
    I feel like they want to play a little close to vest what comes after Infinite Frontier, considering we are only two issues in and it’s supposed to be a big mystery that stars Darkseid and supposedly leads into another event. Now this is DC we are talking about and I expect them to spoil it before it ends but I figure it’s a wait and see.

As for Snyder I have a feeling that it’s more DC paid him to come back more then this was a creative project for him. Normally I wouldn’t try to guess that but when it’s something like Batman/Fortnite you can probably assume a few things.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    . . . Overall though I’m kind of surprised that we’re not getting more announcements about what’s spinning out of Infinite Frontier.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I feel like they want to play a little close to vest what comes after Infinite Frontier, considering we are only two issues in and it’s supposed to be a big mystery that stars Darkseid and supposedly leads into another event. Now this is DC we are talking about and I expect them to spoil it before it ends but I figure it’s a wait and see.
    Yeah, it might be tough for DC to start promoting a new spin-off title if it's based on a surprise moment from Infinite Frontier that hasn't been revealed yet.
    (You can make those solicitations just so vague and indefinite.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, it might be tough for DC to start promoting a new spin-off title if it's based on a surprise moment from Infinite Frontier that hasn't been revealed yet.
    (You can make those solicitations just so vague and indefinite.)
    Yeah two issues in and we only know about three or four things.

1. Why Roy Harper is alive, and then there is something screwy there
    2. The JSA are back but they've been kidnapped or something
    3. Thomas Wayne (Flashpoint Batman) is alive
    4. X-tract is kidnapping Multiverse people, but to where we don't know.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I wanna know what the Elseworld is.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How are the other major characters' books doing? What are the latest numbers for Justice League, Superman, WW, Flash or GL. I imagine they can't be doing that bad. So why the incessant need to keep doing more and more and more Bat books.
    Outside of the Batbooks the rest of DC’s line basically didn’t benefit at all saleswise from the new initiative. They’re all selling about where they were pre-Death Metal. Nightwing is selling a lot better though.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I wanna know what the Elseworld is.
    There’s an Elseworld series coming that will likely get announced in Nov or Dec solicits. It’s an Earth so I’m curious what the plan is for it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This is called flooding the market with one guy whose books are assured of orders no matter what any other book does.

Also some of those books are still adapting stuff from G5. I suspect that is holding some stuff back.

I mean we should have at least another GL book out by now. Because what is going on in it should be two books honestly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This is called flooding the market with one guy whose books are assured of orders no matter what any other book does.

Also some of those books are still adapting stuff from G5. I suspect that is holding some stuff back.

I mean we should have at least another GL book out by now. Because what is going on in it should be two books honestly.

Green lanterns, Flash, Superman, and Wonder woman didn't make it to the top 50 best-selling in June.
    JL is at the bottom of the list, and even infinite frontier #1 sales don't look too good
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-june-2021

Honestly, it's a bit depressing. I hoped for better sales for the flash.
    I guess we'll see an increase in superman sales with the new creative team.

As for GL, if the sales are low isn't it more likely that they'll change the creative team than add another book? or maybe they'll add a mini to see if there's any demand.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Honestly, it's a bit depressing. I hoped for better sales for the flash.
    I guess we'll see an increase in superman sales with the new creative team.
    Where are the Flash fans when we need them more.

It's super bad when the big name like Tom Taylor can get to write Jon Kent's Superman and Nightwing. But for Flash run, it have to be the unknown new writer to tackle the run instead.

Mighty Member

Default Low fanbase of Green Lantern and Flash

The biggest problem is that DC have split the fanbase for Flash and Green Lantern. Which also mean the number of readerships who suport Flash and Green Lantern run compared to 2000's and nows are super low and terrible.

It's clear the only studios who push the most effort in Flash franchise is none (I can't believe) than the shitty budget CW networks.

Seriously, what a worst society we are living in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Where are the Flash fans when we need them more.

It's super bad when the big name like Tom Taylor can get to write Jon Kent's Superman and Nightwing. But for Flash run, it have to be the unknown new writer to tackle the run instead.
    Well, Taylor didn't improve Suicide squad sales, so it's not a magic solution, but a big name writer could defenetly help if the character is compelling and the story is interesting.

But even with the current creative team, maybe promoting the flash title or even starting with a no #1 issue could have helped.

It is tough to get upset at the number of Batman titles when they are what is selling. Realistically from a business point of view DC should be trying to sell more Batman because that is what the consumers are buying, even if that would be the last thing people on this forum want haha.

What I'd love to know is how many issues a comic needs to sell, in both floppies and trades, to turn a profit. I get that every book would be different because of the rates the creators earn on each book, but I just wonder what that line is. With floppies the line is probably a lot lower than expected, but with trades I wouldn't be shocked to learn that a good % of them don't even turn a profit. Since many of the smaller books can barely crack 1K in sales for a year for a fresh new #1 volume of a run. So in many ways it feels like the excess of Batman related titles kind of facilitates the smaller non Batman books even existing in the first place.

But it’s not like Marvel’s mid-tier characters are lighting up the charts either. Their only solo books in the top 50 are Spider-Man (gonna count all of his books as one), Venom, Wolverine, and Immortal Hulk (which is coming to an end). DC has Batman (again counting all his books as one), Nightwing, Joker, Static, and Rorschach. Marvel’s X Men titles are doing really well and so are their Disney IPs like Star Wars and Aliens.

DC doesn’t have a franchise like the X Men that can produce and sustain numerous titles. Maybe they could try another Justice League ongoing or even Young Justice (that’s more similar to the tv show) with a big name creative team.

Unfortunately, if they want to stay competitive they’ll have to continue to have tons of Batman on the shelves. It’s frustrating as a fan of other characters, but Batman is the only sure thing DC has.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-17-2021 at 11:49 PM.