Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I will say that it's refreshing to see the Wonder Woman receiving a relatively big focus in these solicits. I never thought I'd see at least 7 Wonder Woman-related titles coming out in a single month. Like...wow. Seriously refreshing to see someone other than Batman getting focus.
    5 of the 7 Wonder Woman-related titles are one-shots ( one is the 80th anniversary (which along with the main wonder woman title will get the most focus), another is a reprint, 2 are samples of graphic novels that have already been released and can be read online and even downloaded and the other is a collection of stories featuring young Diana). I wouldn't call that a relatively big focus but it's better than nothing.
    But don't forget, there's the other Wonder Woman-related titles introduced prior to October, so it's more than just two Wonder Woman-related titles that aren't just one-shots that will be on sale in October.

Extraordinary Member

5 of the 7 Wonder Woman-related titles are one-shots ( one is the 80th anniversary (which along with the main wonder woman title will get the most focus), another is a reprint, 2 are samples of graphic novels that have already been released and can be read online and even downloaded and the other is a collection of stories featuring young Diana). I wouldn't call that a relatively big focus but it's better than nothing.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that at least four of them are ongoing/miniseries: the main Wonder Woman title, Black & Gold, Wonder Girl, and Nubia and the Amazons.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'll be getting:

Flash
    Nice House on the Lake
    Robin
    Checkmate
    Blue & Gold

I'll check out the Aquaman/GA mini series on the rack before deciding.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

And? I honestly don't get the gripe. If he's doing a great job, he doesn't need to be a big name. But since he is doing a great job, the Flash run is probably a great way for him to increase his profile.

Not too long ago, James Tynion and Tom Taylor were not big names. They became big names by being able to write important titles...like Flash.

Honestly, it seems like you're TRYING to find something to complain about where there's not really an issue.
    That's up to the higher up of DC, if the Flash sales does not meet the expectations by the publishers and editors. They will probably cancel the Flash run and it blow the chance for Jeremy to write more Flash.

In the 90s Flash sold around 50k every month.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    That's up to the higher up of DC, if the Flash sales does not meet the expectations by the publishers and editors. They will probably cancel the Flash run and it blow the chance for Jeremy to write more Flash.

In the 90s Flash sold around 50k every month.
    The Flash is still in the top 30 selling titles. Unless you know something that the higher-ups at DC don't, then there's no reason to worry. Again, it seems as if you're looking for something to be upset about.

Mighty Member

The Flash is still in the top 30 selling titles. Unless you know something that the higher-ups at DC don't, then there's no reason to worry. Again, it seems as if you're looking for something to be upset about.
    No, I am trying to remain optismitics.

Incredible Member

"I will say that it's refreshing to see Wonder Woman receiving a relatively big focus in these solicits. I never thought I'd see at least 7 Wonder Woman-related titles coming out in a single month. Like...wow. Seriously refreshing to see someone other than Batman getting focus."

EDIT: BIG CORRECTION. The high prices for the sample chapters are wrong. I quoted the prices for these two special edition samples as they are shown in the solicitations at CBR and Gamesradar.

The prices are corrected in DC Connect #15. These two samples are promotional items sold in bundles of 25 copies for $6.25 to the retailer. Usually the retailer will hand items like that to customers free of charge, or for a quarter or something.

But for anyone who is only looking at the online solicitations, you might see those ridiculous prices, so I'm leaving this post up instead of deleting it.

END EDIT.

The samples are a bad deal. I'd call it a money grab but I don't see how anyone at DC would deliberately have priced parts of stories this way. It looks like they just thought 32 pages? 3.99. 40 pages? 4.99.

But that's not really a hard rule. The kids comics like Scooby Doo are 2.99.

Diana: Princess of the Amazons - 144 pages, list price 9.99.
    Sample - 32 pages, 3.99.
    That's 22% of the pages for 40% of the price.

Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed - 208 pages, list price 16.99.
    Sample - 40 pages, 4.99.
    That's 19% of the pages for 29% of the price.

Seems to me if you're interested, buy the book. Not the sample. These samples should be $.99 or $1.99. Because there is no way to buy "part 2" - if you're interested, you have to buy the whole thing all over again.

Comixology has at times had samples of every DC YA and Kids novel available for free download.
    Last edited by ohfellow; 07-18-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Are any of those prices right?
    In the initial announcement all three reprints were listed as Free Special Editions:

*WONDER WOMAN #1 - Free Special Edition Out October 19, 2021
    *WONDER WOMAN: TEMPEST TOSSED - Free Special Edition Out October 19, 2021
    *DIANA PRINCESS OF THE AMAZONS - Free Special Edition Out October 19, 2021

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Are any of those prices right?
    In the initial announcement all three reprints were listed as Free Special Editions:

*WONDER WOMAN #1 - Free Special Edition Out October 19, 2021
    *WONDER WOMAN: TEMPEST TOSSED - Free Special Edition Out October 19, 2021
    *DIANA PRINCESS OF THE AMAZONS - Free Special Edition Out October 19, 2021
    Yes, all 3 are free. DC Connect #15 shows their covers, and the covers do all say "FREE" on them.

There are mistakes and/or confusing information in the CBR solicitations; in the Gamesradar solicitations; and in DC Connect #15.

CBR:
    WW #1 Special Edition - no cover shown, text says $.25 in bundles of 25 for $6.25. That is retailer info, not for customer. No indication that it's free.
    WW Tempest Tossed Special Edition #1 - no cover shown, text says $4.99. WRONG PRICE.
    Diana: Princess of the Amazons Special Edition #1 - no cover shown, text says $3.99. WRONG PRICE.

Gamesradar:
    WW #1 Special Edition - shows cover, "FREE". Text says $.25 in bundles of 25 for $6.25. That is retailer info, not for customer.
    WW Tempest Tossed Special Edition #1 - shows cover, "FREE", but text says $4.99. WRONG PRICE.
    Diana: Princess of the Amazons Special Edition #1 - shows cover, "FREE", but text says $3.99. WRONG PRICE.

DC Connect #15 - for all three of these, it shows the covers, "FREE", and in all cases says the $.25 in bundles of 25 for $6.25. That is the closest to being correct, but they should not be printing retailer costs in this book. This catalog is for customers - the Checklist even tells you to return the checklist to your retailer so you don't miss anything - and DC has started printing it the catalog again because retailers wanted to be able to hand their customers a catalog to page through, like they used to when Diamond distributed the DC Extras catalog. The price listed in this catalog for these 3 promo books should be "Free." The retailer prices should be shown to retailers when they order, or should be in a separate price list or separate version of the catalog for retailers only.

DC Connect #15 is on the Lunar home page and DC Connect page at dccomics, and you can download it, or view it online at DC.

https://www.lunardistribution.com/fi...connect_15.pdf
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc-connect-2020
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc-c.../dc-connect-15

DC has been putting the 2021 catalogs on the 2020 web page, because -- they aren't quite on top of what they're doing. Except for DC Connect #14 - which seems to be missing, because they stuck it, all by itself, at https://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc-connect-2021.

There are continuing to be glitches and inconsistencies in DC Connect and in the solicitations. The checklist also has bugs. This month, for the second month in a row, it has a variant covers code key which shows the icons for 1, 2, 3 and 4 variants - but, Task Force Z is marked with a pale green icon containing "6v" meaning 6 variants. But the solicitation text actually only lists 5 variants for the book, not 6. Neither the icon for 5 or 6 variants is included in the key. So it's two errors on the Checklist for just that one comic. It's sloppy work. They need to proofread DC Connect and the solicits.

DC has made mistakes in the solicits and catalog every month since they laid off the person who put this all together. They didn't used to make mistakes. This is what happens after corporate layoffs, virtually everywhere.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Getting:
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    Titans United

It depends from the first arc:
    Robin
    Suicide Squad
    Titans Academy
    The Flash

Dropped:
    Urban Legends (my favourite book for the first 6 issues. No interests in these new stories).
    Green Lantern

Incredible Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure that at least four of them are ongoing/miniseries: the main Wonder Woman title, Black & Gold, Wonder Girl, and Nubia and the Amazons.
    I didn't include them because I was only talking about only the one-shots. Black & Gold and Nubia and the Amazons are miniseries so they will end a few months later. I really love Black & Gold but it's a collection of stories that are non-canon but nevertheless I enjoy them. Wonder Girl and Nubia and the Amazons, on the other hand, don't interest me. I will be only getting the main Wonder Woman title and the 80th-anniversary special.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Im going to get.

Action Comics
    Nightwing
    Flash
    Suicide Squad
    Swamp Thing
    Wonder Girl
    JL Last Ride
    Batman TAC S2
    Blue and Gold
    JL Infinity
    Batman 89
    Superman 78
    Titans United
    Deathstroke Inc (Maybe)

New additions for October

Aquaman/Green Arrow- Really excited for this one.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

I didn't include them because I was only talking about only the one-shots. Black & Gold and Nubia and the Amazons are miniseries so they will end a few months later. I really love Black & Gold but it's a collection of stories that are non-canon but nevertheless I enjoy them. Wonder Girl and Nubia and the Amazons, on the other hand, don't interest me. I will be only getting the main Wonder Woman title and the 80th-anniversary special.
    I understand. Just saying, focus is focus. Batman gets a lot of minis too. In fact, I think most of the Bat-titles coming out are minis. So, it's nice to see Wonder Woman getting a bunch of minis herself.

Getting:

DC vs Vampires
    The Conjuring: The Lover
    JL: Last Ride
    The Nice House on the Lake
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more