Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I like that their seems to be more connectivity between the Bat books at last. BatFam Characters popping up/teaming up. I'm here for that.

Damian getting with a baddie who took his heart the first time they met!

Bruce must be so proud.

Wonder Woman #780
    Wonder Woman Historia #1
    Wonder Woman 80th one-shot
    Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #5
    Superman '78 #3

Probably:
    Nubia and the Amazons #1
    Superman vs. Lobo #2
    Catwoman: Lonely City #1

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Looks like Human Target is an advance solicit. The copy has a release date of 11/2.
    Yeah, DC does this and I don't know why. A couple of books I want from last months solicits have release dates in October. Ah, I buy them when they come out I guess.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Forgot to mention: Very happy that the Wight Witch is on a Catwoman cover again. I'm ready to learn more about her, and I hope she stays around.

You can live in denial, but it doesn't change the fact.

Attachment 111560
    I think it depends on what site you look it up. Some say mini and others don't. So I would say consider it a mini until we see issue 7 listed for ordering.

There are TONS of Batbooks, but at least some other characters are getting some love too.
    I love that there's so much Wonder Woman content (and she finally has a good creative team, it's almost unbelievable).
    Plus Flash is also pretty good right now.
    I do hope DC's team books improve, thought. The ones I'm reading aren't terrible, but there isn't a truly great one either.
    Concepts like LOSH, JSA, Doom Patrol and Global Guardians deserve another shot. I'd also love a new take on the JLI (not necessarily using that name or exact same cast, but I miss having a more lighthearted comedy-oriented team around).

Incredible Member

Ah, so this explains the constant delays on Batman/Catwoman. Clay Mann isn't doing the art for #8, which means he hasn't finished the whole thing and probably won't be able to after all. That's unfortunate. But they can't delay it forever either.

Its just comical now how far you have to scroll down before you even get to a non Batbook solicit. I'm sorry, I know its already been complained about but the over-saturation is just that nuts. Promote your library better, maybe then you won't have to rely on this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I can't believe it... Hill House Comics is back! And with a sequel to my second most favorite mini-series to boot. Rio Youers and Tom Fowler have some really big shoes to fill, but I really look forward to their book.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Historia is here and nothing else matters for me.

I will otherwise get regular Wonder Woman title and Action Comics, and that's pretty much it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just comical now how far you have to scroll down before you even get to a non Batbook solicit. I'm sorry, I know its already been complained about but the over-saturation is just that nuts. Promote your library better, maybe then you won't have to rely on this.
    It's clear that the people who complain about this on the net are, by and large, a minority of the people who are buying the comics. I think the Batbook over saturation will stop when the market doesn't want those books anymore and wants to buy something else.

Extraordinary Member

A few thoughts:

• The appeal of Batman: The Imposter from a writing perspective escapes me. I'm sure there's an audience for it but eh.
    • I know I'm a month late on this but Peacekeeper-X
    • It's another Batbook but the creative team on Arkham City exemplifies what I love about about the Infinite Frontier era - there's so much new blood here.
    • Not a fan of them getting away from the normal decades variant theme for the WW 80th Anniversary Special - feel like it lead to a bunch of repetitive covers for the most part
    • Praying that the initial 3 books of Historia sell well enough that the remaining 6 see the light of day
    • When news broke of more Hill House Horror books on twitter a while back I was a little surprised that Joe Hill wanted to keep doing pop up imprint work at DC instead of doing some purely creator owned stuff elsewhere but I guess the trade off of now being on the hook for all the marketing etc. makes up for splitting profits with DC.
    • Interested to see how Action Comics ends up tying back to Superman and the Authority as it seems to me that those are two different versions of Superman
    • Speaking of Action, I'm not sure you can call it an event if it's only taking place in one book.
    • Liam Sharp coming in to do issues #7-9 of Batman/Catwoman is just one giant L for Clay Mann. Dude had a years head start and only managed six issues with delays and as far as I know hasn't had any health or personal issues that would make the situation understandable. Additionally that is going to be one jarring change in art as per Sharp this will be his "most Sienkiewicz-like art to date".
    • Every month I forget that there's a Pennyworth book and reminded of it when I read the solicits
    • Wasn't a big fan of Adriana Melo coming in as the artist on Wonder Girl but I think I like the idea of a revolving door on art there even less
    • Had the same thoughts as sifighters on Snyder and Coipel
    • Covers I like:

“This will be my final Batman story” Says Scott Snyder for the 100th Time. Dude just needs to own that he’ll never be done with Batman and that’s all he wants to write, which is totally fine!

Overall though I’m kind of surprised that we’re not getting more announcements about what’s spinning out of Infinite Frontier.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Bat-Cat situation is downright embarrassing.

One thing that pisses me off is how many artists will draw the first issue of a new series and then immediately bail. Looking at you Copiel and Joelle, why did you even try to draw interiors if you couldn’t at LEAST do one arc? It’s annoying as hell to have a big shift in art after one issue. Segovia is a great artist so it’s not really a downgrade in Ridley’s case, and he can actually do an ongoing so he’ll hopefully stick around, but Wonder Girl is already a freaking carousel in terms of artists getting on and then off issue by issue. They never should’ve let Joelle try to write and draw the book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Capullo once said that in his mind no artist should come along and do less than a year's worth of stories. He said it's not fair to the fans to come along and do a couple of issues and bail out, and if the main reason is the deadlines, the book shouldn't be promoted as having a main creative team unless they can at least manage to get a couple of arcs in the can.