Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Attachment 114446

I know Diana hit the bowl in that van. Which is fine, but I wanted to ask "what about the boutique?".

Loved the inclusion of Nubia and the other Wonder Women. The Wonder Girls pin-up was enough for me. Notice Yara Flor is doing an all out sprint while Cassie and Donna are only getting warmed up, implying she'll get tired and they'll eventually win the race. It was cool that they had to share but Artemis got one all to herself.

The main question I'm taking away is who is this cheap hussy Steve has been seeing? I hope it's someone we know with superpowers and she matches up with Siegfried....ahhhhh the drama of it all!
    Yes, this is the question. Tune in tomorrow… and the world turns.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Attachment 114446

I know Diana hit the bowl in that van. Which is fine, but I wanted to ask "what about the boutique?".

Loved the inclusion of Nubia and the other Wonder Women. The Wonder Girls pin-up was enough for me. Notice Yara Flor is doing an all out sprint while Cassie and Donna are only getting warmed up, implying she'll get tired and they'll eventually win the race. It was cool that they had to share but Artemis got one all to herself.

The main question I'm taking away is who is this cheap hussy Steve has been seeing? I hope it's someone we know with superpowers and she matches up with Siegfried....ahhhhh the drama of it all!
    Haha, strong words! But could any lady really compare to Diana, our Lady of Wonder? Me thinks not. But hey, Diana got to enjoy herself some Norse man-candy in the afterlife so it's all fair game. I do think these kinds of dramatic and romantic subplots are ripe for the Wonder Woman book, haha. Give me that messy relationship drama! Mixed with superheroics ofc.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

What a great collection of art and stories. I think my favorite stories were the ones by Cloonrad, Mark Waid, and Vita Ayala. Cheetah's portrayal in Ayala's story was spot-on, especially her power level. This story will serve as another check on people who dismiss Cheetah as a lightweight who is no real challenge to Diana.

PS: Does anyone know who the characters were in that "Villains" pin-up?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I enjoyed all the stories except the last one, kinda meh.
    But the rest are a strong voice for Diana.
    I also want to know who Steve's girl is, I hope she is someone we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Cheetah & Ares
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 10-07-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Maybe a revamp version of Sofia Constantinas could be Steve's love interest.

wonder-woman-volume-1-issue-317-cover.jpg

It's been so long since I've seen Wonder Woman perform feats of strength. That effortless catching and carrying of the jumbo jet was a sight for sore eyes.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member

Not picking up my copies until tomorrow. Gonna get the Paquette, Timm, and Cho covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This has me super psyched.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    NYCC Comics Mint/Frankie's Comics Retailer Exclusive Variant by Rose Besch

Ohhh, this is a good cover, too!
    Last edited by phonogram12; 10-07-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post

Cheetah & Ares

I thought it might be them but I don't care for these designs. Thanks!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post

Cheetah & Ares
    Oh, that's who that was. I recognized Cheetah obviously but I couldn't even tell what Ares was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What a great collection of art and stories. I think my favorite stories were the ones by Cloonrad, Mark Waid, and Vita Ayala. Cheetah's portrayal in Ayala's story was spot-on, especially her power level. This story will serve as another check on people who dismiss Cheetah as a lightweight who is no real challenge to Diana.

"spot-on"

These puns write themselves!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Im gonna make the wild prediction that Steve in an effort to cope with Wonder Woman being gone has begun dating....Diana Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im gonna make the wild prediction that Steve in an effort to cope with Wonder Woman being gone has begun dating....Diana Prince
    Diana as her own rival? Brings back memories...

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Basically, yush~
    More specifically....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Steve has a type. So how about Power Girl instead?

In order of preference: Fresh Catch, Dated, Immortal Mysteries, Dreamers, Saturn Rising, Better Angels, Dear Diana, Low Orbit, In Memoriam.

Better Angels was so-so, but last three were below average for me. Really unfortunate that Waid's story was drawn by Lopez since I like his art. I haven't been reading current ongoing and this opening story made me feel like I did a right choice, didn't like a single thing about that story.

On the positive side I was very surprised by Phillips. Interviews about Evolution didn't sound good, but I really liked what she did here so I'm more optimistic about the upcoming mini.

And yeah, I want Amy Reeder on "Wonder Woman & Holliday Girls" book.