Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I feel this collection should have had Byrne and Luke era entries. Kinda weird it didn't. Especially over inclusion of some other later eras. But a very handsome volume
    I’m getting confused. Is this thread about the 80 Years of the Amazon retrospective or the 80th Anniversary 100-page Spectacular due next month? Or both?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I feel this collection should have had Byrne and Luke era entries. Kinda weird it didn't. Especially over inclusion of some other later eras. But a very handsome volume
    It wasn't too long ago that they finished collecting Byrne's run in hardcover, so maybe that's why he was omitted? Eric Luke's first issue would have been a nice one to include though, as it did mark a new era and departure from what had just come before.

But yeah, as I said in another thread, these books are always a mixed bag, but the WW volume is especially disappointing. The issue I'm most looking forward to is the Taco Whiz one.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’m getting confused. Is this thread about the 80 Years of the Amazon retrospective or the 80th Anniversary 100-page Spectacular due next month? Or both?
    The thread was originally started for the 100-Page Spectacular, but the post before yours is referring to the 80 Year Retrospective hardcover.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It wasn't too long ago that they finished collecting Byrne's run in hardcover, so maybe that's why he was omitted? Eric Luke's first issue would have been a nice one to include though, as it did mark a new era and departure from what had just come before.

But yeah, as I said in another thread, these books are always a mixed bag, but the WW volume is especially disappointing. The issue I'm most looking forward to is the Taco Whiz one.
    It's an odd collection to be sure. Kanigher's got four in there but doesn't seem to be anything from Simone or Rucka's runs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    My bad!!! You are right. My post was made after looking at the 80 years

The hype is high

FAAwdMMVIAUq-Fz.jpg

Coonrad about Steve in their story I supposed.

Screenshot_20210923-230708_Chrome.jpg

This is the resumee of the spanish edition which incluye the three first number of Sensational WW.

Steve Trevor has spent a lot of time on a very personal project: a documentary about Wonder Woman, the love of his life. Thus begins a review of Diana's exploits that includes stories set in different times: her childhood on Paradise Island, her days of the original Justice League of America, the beginnings of her enmity with Cheetah ... A tribute to the best heroine in the world of comics.

How could it be otherwise, this special features some of the best authors of the moment, including Tom King, Evan “Doc” Shaner, Jordie Bellaire, Becky Cloonan and Jim Cheung, and also with comic legends such as Mark Waid or José Luis García-López. And if that weren't enough, a Diana and Artemis adventure by Andrea Shea and Bruno Redondo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    The hype is high

FAAwdMMVIAUq-Fz.jpg

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

"Better Angels" is probably going to be a Cheetah story since it is based on a line of dialogue Diana said in "the Lies."

"Saturn Rising" better be about Saturna/Eviless, and MAYBE VILLAINY INC IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    "Saturn Rising" better be about Saturna/Eviless, and MAYBE VILLAINY INC IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING
    It's Steve Orlando so that's a pretty safe bet

Conrad/Cloonan, Bellaire, Reeder, Waid, Ayala, and Orlando I’m reasonably looking forward to.

On the fence with Philips and Wilson.

King still has to work his way out of that Batman schoolgirl crush sized hole he dug for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    "Better Angels" is probably going to be a Cheetah story since it is based on a line of dialogue Diana said in "the Lies."

Ayala wrote a Cheetah story in a holiday special as well if I remember correctly.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Some writers i am looking foward to read their stories. Others like gww i will skip. Didn't like her run at all. And the way she kinda blamed the character for being too ''perfect'' or ''diifficult'' to write.

Interesting that half those writers were only involved with the character in the past few years, and the rest... not really at all*.

Still looking forward to it though. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

*I don't follow any digital-first stuff, so maybe they have history with her in that realm.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009