Firefly or Firebug?
    ???
    Hatter
    Dent?
    Calendar Man?
    Ratcatcher?
    Strange?

Cover too small I can only confirm Pyg and Hatter
    None of the people in my list have that one huge silhuoette. That's Killer Croc or Bane size but Bane's with Jason
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-16-2021 at 08:10 AM.

So in addition to the obvious two (Professor Pyg and the Mad Hatter), looks like we've got Dr. Phospherus, Dr. Double-X and Nocturna. Anybody have any idea who the unbound being and the woman with no face are? I'm guessing the vermin boy is a new Ratcatcher.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh Nocturna that makes sense. She's in Suicide Squad right now though

So is this a part Arkham book, part Azrael solo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    So in addition to the obvious two (Professor Pyg and the Mad Hatter), looks like we've got Dr. Phospherus, Dr. Double-X and Nocturna. Anybody have any idea who the unbound being and the woman with no face are? I'm guessing the vermin boy is a new Ratcatcher.
    I think Restingvoice has it right that the woman with no face is Jane Doe.

I thought Jane Doe, but between the standard cover and the b&w cover, it's consistent that it's not a woman without skin, it's a woman with a void for a face. I don't think Jane has ever had that, but I also can't think of anyone else who has.

Oh right, the high res is up

It's not Jane Doe. It's not Una Nemo either. Her hole isn't that big lol.
    I'm gonna guess woman in glasses is Dr. Jocasta
    I don't recognize bondage man and beehive face man
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-16-2021 at 08:27 AM.

It's nice to see Azrael finally have a book.

Incredible Member

This caught me surprise, but I feel like it's a cool concept and will be interesting to see what they do with it. Also glad to see Azrael get something else to do.

I noticed it appears Dan Watters is the writer for the Azrael story in Urban Legends, so I wonder if there will be a connection between these two stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    This caught me surprise, but I feel like it's a cool concept and will be interesting to see what they do with it. Also glad to see Azrael get something else to do.

I noticed it appears Dan Watters is the writer for the Azrael story in Urban Legends, so I wonder if there will be a connection between these two stories.
    Probably. Urban Legends story seem like (to some extent) they're spinning off or being relevant to another title that writer is working on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The big guy was born on Monday. Surprised you don't recognize him, he's an old and famous character.

Rooting for Watters, I really like him as a writer and I hope he does well here (so he can go on to do books for characters I care more for).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    The big guy was born on Monday. Surprised you don't recognize him, he's an old and famous character.
    Huh, guess you're right. The silhouette does fit Solly. Not sure why I didn't put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Probably because I never consider him a Batman villain, and I specifically never view him as an Arkham inmate, even if he's been imprisoned there. Why? No idea. I think I kinda just wrote him off because he's a zombie that Batman can kill and maybe revive later, instead of someone he sends back to Arkham on the regular for treatment.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Probably because I never consider him a Batman villain, and I specifically never view him as an Arkham inmate, even if he's been imprisoned there. Why? No idea. I think I kinda just wrote him off because he's a zombie that Batman can kill and maybe revive later, instead of someone he sends back to Arkham on the regular for treatment.
    He's not really a villain. He's more like a bear or a rattlesnake: lives in a swamp and does his thing, doesn't bother anyone if they don't bother him, becomes a problem if his habitat is encroached on.