Inks by Mark Morales
    Cover by Alitha Martinez
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 of 6
    Variant by Maika Sozo
    1:25 Variant by Joshua Swaby
    $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    17+
    ON SALE 10/5/21

After the thrilling events of Infinite Frontier, Nubia becomes queen of Themyscira, but the new title also brings challenges. With the unexpected arrival of new Amazons, our hero is forced to reckon with her past and forge a new path forward for her sisters. Little does she know, a great evil grows beneath the island and it’s up to this former guardian of Doom’s Doorway to unite her tribe before paradise is lost forever!
    This unforgettable miniseries from writers Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams, along with all-star artist Alitha Martinez (Future State) brings the fan-favorite character back to the DCU for good. After Nubia, the world of the Amazons will never be the same!

Extraordinary Member

Know there was some disagreement over this yesterday but note that the solicit says this is a 6 issue miniseries.

I like that blue and gold on her outfits.

I like that she's got a lion theme going on. Very cool.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Interesting to see how this plays out and how it'll impact the Amazons overall.

Hopefully the series does well enough for her to get an actual ongoing. Love everything about the cover.

I would have preferred a dragon theme for her, but that's me.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

'Former guardian of Doom's Doorway'. Looks like they are mixing a bit of Perez's origin in there as well.

Have they finally settled on her backstory?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    'Former guardian of Doom's Doorway'. Looks like they are mixing a bit of Perez's origin in there as well.

Have they finally settled on her backstory?
    I guess so. The WW backup this week also mentioned Nubia in connection to Doom's Doorway.

Stephanie Williams was on the Cerebro Podcast and while she talked mainly about X-Men, she also let some info drop about her Nubia stories starting at approx. hour 2:

Nubia won't be Diana's sister, but they are going to have a connection.

Philippus and Nubia will certainly interact. The story focuses on Nubia coming into her own as the queen of the Amazons. Williams describes it as Nubia's "T'Challa moment".

We'll learn more about Themyscira. Specifically, The Cavern/Well of Souls is mentioned. There'll be an effort to show that Themyscira is open to all women. Meaning trans women are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Both of these are so much better than the Byrne-esque, WW with pants look that came before. Instead of doing bootleg, black, Wonder Woman Nubia needs her own style unique to her and this with the lions are it. The buzzwords are regal, fierce and ferocious!

I hope this limited series catches on in a way that Hestia and her "Odyssey of the Amazons" didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Stephanie Williams was on the Cerebro Podcast and while she talked mainly about X-Men, she also let some info drop about her Nubia stories starting at approx. hour 2:

Philippus and Nubia will certainly interact. The story focuses on Nubia coming into her own as the queen of the Amazons. Williams describes it as Nubia's "T'Challa moment".

We'll learn more about Themyscira. Specifically, The Cavern/Well of Souls is mentioned. There'll be an effort to show that Themyscira is open to all women. Meaning trans women are included.
    So I guess they might be going with Nubia being the daughter of Hippolyta and Phillipus? I could live with that.

Trans Amazons make sense. Since they were all women who were reincarnated into newer bodies after felling to violence, it stands to reason that some of them were trans women brought back in the bodies of the gender they identify as.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So I guess they might be going with Nubia being the daughter of Hippolyta and Phillipus? I could live with that.
    She cant be Hippolyta/Phillipus's daughter since then she'd be Dianas half sister still.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

lol, I love them describing Artemis as the Guy Gardner of the Wonder Woman world.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She cant be Hippolyta/Phillipus's daughter since then she'd be Dianas half sister still.
    Hmm, guess she could just be Philipus's daughter but Hippolyta raised her still.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    lol, I love them describing Artemis as the Guy Gardner of the Wonder Woman world.
    That's the least flattering description of Artemis I've ever heard.