Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a really good first issue and I am so happy to see "world" building happening in the Wonder world again. With Nubia being "birthed" on the same day as Diana, I would personally be all for her being an doppelganger from the multiverse whose soul ended up on the wrong Earth which still allows her to be on par with Diana for the most part.

My only little thing id change would be the depiction of the Well of Souls, it looks so small and having it in a bland, small room just...I need it to be more grand, maybe by the ocean. But I am totally here for the mystery and glad that they've addressed how the Amazons keep replenishing their numbers.

I wasn't expecting Phillipus to play nearly as big of a role as she did so that was nice that she wasnt forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's more like reincarnation. The Well of Souls hold the souls of women who lost their lives to male violence and they are reincarnated as Amazons. In some stories they remember who they are but in this one it looks Nubia doesn't remember her past (it will be a while before I get to read the issue). Some details are subject to change as this story progresses though. It's been a while since the Well was important.
    oh I get that it's supposed to be a reincarnation thing but it doesn't really feel like it to me; it reads more like amnesia with extra steps. it's a relatively small nitpick, I just feel like they could've done more to make it feel more like a rebirth.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I don't like the eagle motif for Diana. The emblem should be more like a dove, which is the symbol of peace (one of Diana's goals for this world) and the birds favored by Diana's patron deity Aphrodite. An eagle reminds me too much of the US, plus the whole bird of prey thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I don't like the eagle motif for Diana. The emblem should be more like a dove, which is the symbol of peace (one of Diana's goals for this world) and the birds favored by Diana's patron deity Aphrodite. An eagle reminds me too much of the US, plus the whole bird of prey thing.
    Zeus bird is the golden eagle, like Diana's. (That...that doesn't make it better though, does it...)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This was a great first issue!

spoilers:
    I hope Mala's fate can be undone. It'd suck if the OG Amazon ally was killed off. But Medusa possibly being a villain in this just upped the interest even further.

Really interested in the new Amazons, and love the usage of old favorites. Nubia and Philippus of course, but also Io, Mala, Penelope, Clio, etc.
    end of spoilers

I'm hoping Nubia finally makes a animated appearance. And that Nubia and the other Wonder Woman family can be together.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    oh I get that it's supposed to be a reincarnation thing but it doesn't really feel like it to me; it reads more like amnesia with extra steps. it's a relatively small nitpick, I just feel like they could've done more to make it feel more like a rebirth.
    So this is my question does it do children too or only women.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm hoping Nubia finally makes a animated appearance. And that Nubia and the other Wonder Woman family can be together.

thus far we've only seen grown women come out of the Well, so it looks like it doesn't do children.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Finally was able to sit down and read this and it was a really good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    thus far we've only seen grown women come out of the Well, so it looks like it doesn't do children.
    Previous continuity and all but the only time a child's spirit has come out of the well was Diana's as Hippolyta died pregnant in her previous life.

It is confirmed: we FINALLY have trans women on Themyscira!!!!!!!!!!!
    https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...431057922?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    That's so awesome to actually have it confirmed. I thought Bia tearing up was very beautiful. Hope she's around for the long haul!

This is absolutely AMAZING. This illustrates why inclusiveness behind the scenes is as important as inclusiveness on screen. It took a Black cis woman and a Black non-binary person to finally make trans Amazons canon.

See? Aphrodite and Athena know wassup!
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I kind of felt that vibe from her when I read it, and glad it is confirmed. That is awesome news!

Incredible Member

I have a doubt, if they are trans, if they were born with male bodies before, now their souls and bodies being reincarnation, does this mean that they leave The Well of Souls with female bodies?
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 10-21-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I have a doubt, if they are trans, their souls and bodies being reincarnation, does this mean that they leave The Well of Souls with female bodies?
    Yes. They had a male body in their previous life