Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Nubia & The Amazons #3 Preview
    Writers: Stephanie Williams and Vita Ayala
    Artist: Alitha Martinez

Saw these and just had to share. I love the second one especially .

Nubia and the Amazons #6 by Stephanie Williams, Vita Ayala, Alitha Martinez and Mark Morales. Cover by Martinez. Variant covers by (2) Kyle Baker and (3) Juliet Nneka. Out in March 2022.

Those variants look great I might order them just because. Nubia looks fantastic in Juliet Nneka's.

Incredible Member

Anyone read the latest issue? Lots of intrigue. Nice to see Nubia and Io in bed together and how openly queer the Amazons are. Like yeah, no ****, they should be, but how often it's written as text and not subtext is few and far between.

The new Amazons clearly have superstrength considering the first few pages. Nubia's fight with a possessed Andromeda was cool. Felt like a martial arts fight and Nubia's got dem skills. Some of the teasing and intrigue was confusing, but I guess that's the point. Nubia and Andromeda were together in Man's World before she was the champion guarding Doom's Doomway, which is neato. Rebirth Nubia is very much a blank state so I'm glad Williams and Ayala are taking advantage of that to fill in her history.

The coolest and potentially biggest takeaway from the issue is the mention of Diana Rockwell!!! Damn, can't wait to see how they weave that into this ever widening and more cohesive Wonderverse!

I love this miniseries, it not only takes some aspects of volume 2 (Diana Rockwell, Doselle Young's Nubia, etc) but also builds a very well told story, with intrigues, action and mysteries.
    In this particular issue they make the relationship between Nubia and Io explicit yaaas, it transforms Medusa into an adversary to observe what she has to say and puts tension between the Amazons and their gaze towards the actions of their new queen. an excellent number.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Anyone read the latest issue? Lots of intrigue. Nice to see Nubia and Io in bed together and how openly queer the Amazons are. Like yeah, no ****, they should be, but how often it's written as text and not subtext is few and far between.

The new Amazons clearly have superstrength considering the first few pages. Nubia's fight with a possessed Andromeda was cool. Felt like a martial arts fight and Nubia's got dem skills. Some of the teasing and intrigue was confusing, but I guess that's the point. Nubia and Andromeda were together in Man's World before she was the champion guarding Doom's Doomway, which is neato. Rebirth Nubia is very much a blank state so I'm glad Williams and Ayala are taking advantage of that to fill in her history.

The coolest and potentially biggest takeaway from the issue is the mention of Diana Rockwell!!! Damn, can't wait to see how they weave that into this ever widening and more cohesive Wonderverse!

Haven't read it yet but never thought I'd see that name again.

Diana Rockwell certainly was a surprise. I'm glad we got to see more of Nubia's and Io's relationship.

I'm enjoying what they are doing with the Amazons and Themyscira, and I like how Ayala and Williams are integrating a "Lore page" for every Issue. (I'm guessing they got inspired by Marvel's Datapages.) Medusa seems to have a lot to tell. I can't wait to see how that fits with TotA.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Diana Rockwell certainly was a surprise. I'm glad we got to see more of Nubia's and Io's relationship.

I'm enjoying what they are doing with the Amazons and Themyscira, and I like how Ayala and Williams are integrating a "Lore page" for every Issue. (I'm guessing they got inspired by Marvel's Datapages.) Medusa seems to have a lot to tell. I can't wait to see how that fits with TotA.
    Let's give credit where credit's due, those are Hickman data pages.

I really enjoyed this issue. It feels so weird to see the Amazons get so much to say. They are usually extras in the background so it’s nice to see they actually have functioning brains and different skill sets amongst them. What I would also like to point out is that I’m loving Nubia’s wardrobe and different hair styles. It’s really nice that they are giving her more than 1 look. She’s coming for Ororo’s fashion throne! I’m also loving the medusa plot that’s happening! She’s really and coniving bitch. Nubia kicked her ass real good.

Some random thoughts. For some reason I feel like an4th tribe will be emerging soon..

I loved this issue quite a bit ^^

This looks so awesome. It's cool that the suit from the cover made it into the book.

Extraordinary Member

Nubia & The Amazons #4 Preview
    Writers: Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams
    Artists: Darryl Banks and Alitha Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nubia & The Amazons #4 Preview
    Writers: Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams
    Artists: Darryl Banks and Alitha Martinez

The politics of Themyscira are getting very, very interesting.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I feel like we should've seen this with Hippolyta instead of her hanging around the Justice League so they had a Wonder-Person there.

Just casually flirting with the tour guide .