Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lady Blackhawk: Where Should She Be If She Returns?

Title says it all. Where should Lady Blackhawk be used if or when she returns.

I'd like to see her back on Birds of Prey but I think Checkmate would work too, especially if it is written by Greg Rucka again

Can we get rid of the new annoying Huntress and add in Lady Blackhawk. That would be cool.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

How about in her own series titled Blackhawk! She's a transporter for hire!

I think the Benson's would probably really enjoy writing Lady Blackhawk in the Birds of Prey, so I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up at some point in that book .

Maybe replacing the new Oracle .

I like the Checkmate idea.
    She's not so superpowered that she wouldn't fit the theme.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    How about in her own series titled Blackhawk! She's a transporter for hire!

I'd rather see these people again:
    IMG_6943.jpg

That said, I'd be fine with her joining them.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

I want her (Zinda) to return IN Birds of Prey. But not ON the Birds of Prey.

I think the Blackhawks would be a great RIVAL team to the B.O.P.; and the connections are perfect.

- Dinah connects with them through her former military (Team 7 or otherwise) experience.
    - Helena connects with them because Spyral, primarily.
    - Babs is the least connected or aware of them, but as a tech geek and innovator, she's at least aware of their high-tech soldier-for-hire status.

So if a rival group comes along that's taking on the same jobs as the B.O.P., but you know, are paramilitary and maybe not murderous, but definitely shoot-to-kill in a self-defense or defense-of-others way, with a bunch of cowboys, maybe lady-cowboys. Cowgirls, running the operation, getting in the B.O.P.'s way, and having big, loud, obnoxious personalities ... that would be a fantastic way to reintroduce Zinda. Have the Blackhawks be a just complete thorn in the Birds side.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

I think the Blackhawks would be a great RIVAL team to the B.O.P.; and the connections are perfect.

- Dinah connects with them through her former military (Team 7 or otherwise) experience.
    - Babs is the least connected or aware of them, but as a tech geek and innovator, she's at least aware of their high-tech soldier-for-hire status.

So if a rival group comes along that's taking on the same jobs as the B.O.P., but you know, are paramilitary and maybe not murderous, but definitely shoot-to-kill in a self-defense or defense-of-others way, with a bunch of cowboys, maybe lady-cowboys. Cowgirls, running the operation, getting in the B.O.P.'s way, and having big, loud, obnoxious personalities ... that would be a fantastic way to reintroduce Zinda. Have the Blackhawks be a just complete thorn in the Birds side.
    I LIKE this. Creative thinking here...

Extraordinary Member

Zinda was pretty freakin' cool when she was on the BOP

Can we get these ladies back, PLEASE?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Birds of Prey, no contest.

A guest appearance in GL test flying a new jet for Ferris Air or something would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

Just the thought of the New 52 Blackhawks reappearing gives me the chills. Please NO!!! (I did like the pre-New 52 Lady Blackhawk in Birds of Prey, though.)

Sandy Hausler

"You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Well, now...

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    About time .

How about as a member of the new JUSTICE SOCIETY since BLACK CANARY is in JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA.Zinda would make a nice BC fill in.