Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    And the witch hunt commences...
    Yeah really, I have to question the veracity of the sources used in the article cited in the OP. Citing "anonymous" or otherwise un-named sources is an easy way to fake having sources in the first place. If you have a private source, your readers can't verify it because they don't know where to find it. Which is equally true if you merely pretend to have private sources.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Easily checked:

So it's an A-list character. However, I think all that "A-list" means here is mainly that the character in question has been regularly occuring in multiple adaptations or long-running books.

Also, remember that in discussions like this, there is a strong tendency to smooth things in public over once things are settled, and say as little as possible before that (people like Ray Fisher are very much the exception). So while I think it's less likely that it's Huntress and Levitz the article refers to after Layton's and Staton's statements, the animated credits is still a smoking gun.
    Ah, my mistake. Well, that doesn't necessarily preclude The Trench given how they were part of the billion dollar hit that was Aquaman and were lined up to get their own spin-off movie. That's certainly more high-profile than the vast majority of DC characters.

It has to be Timm and Dini, right?

One has to be savvy enough to contractually screw their co-creator, while the other has to be connected enough for this kind of thing to get noticed.

Marv & George are friendly. Levitz was cleared. Scott or Puckett aren't going to be connected enough at Warner Bros to pull this. The only one I'm blanking on are Moench and Mandrake, but Black Mask isn't exactly an A-list character anyway so it's a moot point.

But given how often Harley popped up in adaptations, even prior to Margot Robbie, you think one of them would have noticed it by now.

We also need to know how THR is defining A-list. For all we know they could be counting Deadshot, Katana, Killer Croc as A-list.

It could be Geoff Johns since he has never shown much interest in creator rights and a lot of his work is the basis of Aquaman and the upcoming Black Adam movie and also the botched Green Lantern movie.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    And the witch hunt commences...
    Yeah really, I have to question the veracity of the sources used in the article cited in the OP. Citing "anonymous" or otherwise un-named sources is an easy way to fake having sources in the first place. If you have a private source, your readers can't verify it because they don't know where to find it. Which is equally true if you merely pretend to have private sources.
    Agreed. There's a lot of pitchfork sharpening happening over a very vague accusation. But then, that's always the ugly power of gossip.

Hmmm, I just searched and the tweet as well as replies have been deleted. The author of said tweet did post a screenshot of a statement from Levitz himself:

Levitz is still a class act .