Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

JLI is canon again, just like everything else. The point of IF is going back to the canon most people love. This is just a strange oopsie by Jurgens. It happens a lot with DC nowadays, and writers are still polishing the rough edges. We're just coming out from DiDio's mess and going back to something resembling the old DCU, this is fresh so it's to be expected. You can be absolutely sure the JLI will probably be mentioned down the line by other writers.
    Last edited by Maxi; 07-21-2021 at 07:33 PM.

As a Blue and Gold fan, I enjoyed it. If it wasn't Jurgens, though, I would be a little nervous about Booster's characterization... I know the universe has been reset a few times, so I don't know if he's still a "time-cop" with Rip Hunter as in the the Johns run, but I'd like to see him be a bit more mature and experienced. I mean, maybe not under Jurgens, but he has led the/a team on several occasions.
    Still, the issue was enjoyable. Of course I'm reading the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    A few spoiler thoughts...

spoilers:
    Wait, so did JLI not happen in this continuity because references were made to Jurgens' JLA but not the team as it was before. Plus, there was no interaction with Batman that suggested that they were once on a team before and Ted made a reference to only being part of the Justice League for a few months? This is especially disappointing after the news that Tom King will be using the JLI proper in his Human Target series (though hopefully not as cannon fodder!). Also, they reset these characters a bit too much as Ted looks younger than he was even at the start of JLI and Booster seems to have lost all the respect that he earned over the past few years. Finally, interesting to see that the series ends with them starting up a two-man version of the Super Buddies from the out-of-continuity I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League mini.
    end of spoilers
    Ted DEFINITELY was looking younger. I honestly thought he was Jaime when I first saw him.

It's hard to say if the JLI was a thing in this continuity... As of Rebirth (when Ted came back,) it wasn't (as referenced in the Blue Beetle series with Ted and Jaime), but they kept putting up panels of it when they referenced timelines and worlds that were reentering the multiverse. The omniverse just makes things confusing, doesn't it? You can't have it both ways...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    JLI is canon again, just like everything else. The point of IF is going back to the canon most people love. This is just a strange oopsie by Jurgens. It happens a lot with DC nowadays, and writers are still polishing the rough edges. We're just coming out from DiDio's mess and going back to something resembling the old DCU, this is fresh so it's to be expected. You can be absolutely sure the JLI will probably be mentioned down the line by other writers.
    Yeah, these are my thoughts pretty much.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Is Ryan Sook going to be the artist on all 8 issues? The last time I remember him consistently on interiors was when he was drawing Hal Jordan as the Spectre.

good to hear. i'm looking forward to read this this weekend.

I have to say it was written really well, and I thoroughly enjoyed it... Blue and Gold would make a good light hearted funny movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I have to say it was written really well, and I thoroughly enjoyed it... Blue and Gold would make a good light hearted funny movie.
    That's a niche in the DCEU that Beetle and Booster could really shine.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Remember that Greg Berlanti Blue and Gold movie? I do .

I agree. It would be great to see them on the big screen.

Just finished this. It was a hilarious. Every social media had a new name. Poor Booster still can’t get no respect. Definitely adding this to my pull list. Booster would be devastated if he knew the truth about joining the league.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember that Greg Berlanti Blue and Gold movie? I do .
    The what now?

The what now?
    There was a Blue and Gold movie in development. I think it's part of why they couldn't use Ted Kord on Arrow and used Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer instead.