Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Or he could be Lucy Lane, after all.

And so Lucy became the son Sam wanted so much. Interesting new dynamic.
    Please no .

My big takeaway from this issue is, yet again, the characters who show up as the reserve member squad are infinitely more interesting to me than the main members featured in the run. Put those characters on a team together, dammit!

Did that dog change colors? Where are the editors? lol

"Justice League! All members old and new! Thank you for answering the call!"

At this point I feel like Bendis is going to write Batman saying something weird every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Justice League! All members old and new! Thank you for answering the call!"

At this point I feel like Bendis is going to write Batman saying something weird every issue.
    Yeah, the panel with Flash saving his life and he's all "You saved my life AGAIN, Barry! I'll never forget.." or whatever is awful. I don't love the cold, taciturn, distant Batman, but this is leaning so far in the other direction that it makes the Adam West show feel like the Snydercut.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    My big takeaway from this issue is, yet again, the characters who show up as the reserve member squad are infinitely more interesting to me than the main members featured in the run. Put those characters on a team together, dammit!
    It would probably sell like 3000 copies but I'd be one of them.

Anyways at this point I find myself buying this primarily for the backup - kind of hate myself for it too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It would probably sell like 3000 copies but I'd be one of them.

Anyways at this point I find myself buying this primarily for the backup - kind of hate myself for it too lol.
    I doubt you're alone in that.

Please no .
    I'm with you on that, but it is Bendis who we are talking about.

I doubt you're alone in that.
    I wonder what would happen if JLDark get their own title.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I wonder what would happen if JLDark get their own title.
    One would hope that more people being exposed to it via the backup would result in it doing better than before but I think it's more likely to be in line with previous performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Yeah, the panel with Flash saving his life and he's all "You saved my life AGAIN, Barry! I'll never forget.." or whatever is awful. I don't love the cold, taciturn, distant Batman, but this is leaning so far in the other direction that it makes the Adam West show feel like the Snydercut.
    That was the final end for me. Beyond his generally terrible writing on DC’s flagship title, he does not understand these characters. His Aquaman has been utterly bizarre but how does any DC writer get even Batman so incredibly wrong? And how does his editor let that slip by? I honestly can’t remember ever hating a DC writer so much, so deeply, and so vehemently. Ever.