Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    lol you are so wrong.
    Read Uncanny X-Men 102 again.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    A man forcing a woman to dance for him is creepy regardless of any context. But Magneto was a villain at the time, so...that’s kinda what evil men do.
    Duh... but he has been the X-Mens ally as well as an anti-hero and I think its been decided that he be seen that way back then through a retcon. So he is/was more like an anti-hero. Maybe it should not be something he could go back from.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-18-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

There was no retcon neccesary in Magneto´s case Alpha an artificial mutant he created during the silver age era and turned him and other Brotherhood members into infants because he saw Magneto was quite hopelesly crazy and wanted to give him a second chance at life. He stayed a baby being cared for by Moira and Banshee until the Shiar made him into an adult again and he attacked the X-men thinking they were responsible of him becoming an infant and later the world goverments to, in his view, stop a nuclear war by taking their missiles from them, it was just a little later his mind recovered a little more and he started to behave in a more anti-hero way beggining with Secret Wars with him helping the heros to defeat Beyonder and Dr Doom.

This doesn´t mean his behavoir from back during that era has been forgotten, Wanda and Pietro certainly didn´t let him forget it and the X-men only accepted him at the beggining as part of the team because Charles wanted them to, it took some interactions and team ups before Storm, Logan, Kitty, Dazler warmed up to the idea of him being part of the team while the O5 Jean, Scott, Hank and Bobby choose to leave before having a team with Magneto on it and the New Mutants also had to see for themselves he wasn´t a villain anymore before accepting him as their teacher.

Then we have marvel making him a villain/anti-hero again but he was way more different than during the silver age era and he only came back as an ally to the X-men post HoM and they accepted him because they needed all the help they could get to help other mutants survive.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-18-2021 at 05:44 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel0606 View Post
    Originally Iceman was explicitly stated to be 16 around the early X-men issues
    I think that was retconned in Gold they made him like 12-13 or some ****.

Maximoffs gotta be at least mid 30's at this point right I mean Luna is a teenager now. & the Minimoffs are at least 18-21 (though I guess technically their age isn't a good tracker for Wanda because time Travel BS.)

Marvel sliding time scale doesnt make any sense so I just go with it Reed and Thing used to be WWII veterans and then became Veterans from another war. Part of the reason marvel didn´t made the twins into Magneto´s children until 20 years post their introduction was because they were assumed to be young adults when they went to the Avengers and have stayed that way for like 50 years.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Marvel sliding time scale doesnt make any sense so I just go with it Reed and Thing used to be WWII veterans and then became Veterans from another war. Part of the reason marvel didn´t made the twins into Magneto´s children until 20 years post their introduction was because they were assumed to be young adults when they went to the Avengers and have stayed that way for like 50 years.
    I have the feeling that Magneto and Charles weren't supposed to be that much older than Charles' X-Men. They were probably supposed to be around Tony Stark's age and all the stuff added like Charles being a vet, knowing Jean since she was a kid and having a kid of his own plus Magneto being a child during WW2 aged everyone up.
    "Cable was right!"

Xavier formed the team 10 years after 'the war' where he lost Cain in the temple. He joined the military just after finishing his studies in Oxford, which he completed rather young(since he could telepathically siphon his teachers' knowledge from puberty). So he could have been anywhere from 18-22 in the war. Add 10 and he'd have been about 28-32 in #1, which, considering Morrison aged him to be 40/41 when he was dying during his Cassandra Nova story, is pretty much right on target baring Hickman's current time line from PoX. Grandpa Xavier is more of a relic of the Foxmen films(Stewart's Xavier). Even Magneto should be in his mid 40's or so, physically, because of his de-aging/re-aging from the Stranger/Erik the Red.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I have the feeling that Magneto and Charles weren't supposed to be that much older than Charles' X-Men. They were probably supposed to be around Tony Stark's age and all the stuff added like Charles being a vet, knowing Jean since she was a kid and having a kid of his own plus Magneto being a child during WW2 aged everyone up.
    Yes they were supposed to have meet when they were young men some 20 years before the X-men were formed as a team, making them 40 or 50 at most but the date of their first meeting has been moved with marvel sliding time scale and when Claremont addded Magneto´s WWII story back in the late 70´s it wasn´t that long ago at the time. After Magneto was made into a baby and made to grow up he was in his early 30´s again.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-19-2021 at 02:23 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Xavier formed the team 10 years after 'the war' where he lost Cain in the temple. He joined the military just after finishing his studies in Oxford, which he completed rather young(since he could telepathically siphon his teachers' knowledge from puberty). So he could have been anywhere from 18-22 in the war. Add 10 and he'd have been about 28-32 in #1, which, considering Morrison aged him to be 40/41 when he was dying during his Cassandra Nova story, is pretty much right on target baring Hickman's current time line from PoX. Grandpa Xavier is more of a relic of the Foxmen films(Stewart's Xavier). Even Magneto should be in his mid 40's or so, physically, because of his de-aging/re-aging from the Stranger/Erik the Red.
    I was talking about the concept stage before the lore came out.
    "Cable was right!"

How old are they supposed to be now?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    How old are they supposed to be now?
    They gotta be mid to late 30's Luna is a teenager now.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I was honestly surprised with how much they let Luna age. But yeah there's no way to say they're younger than this now.

Wow really? I haven't seen her since she was a kid.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

i think they are still in they're late 20s early 30s. lunas age makes it weird but if they aged like everyone else they'd still be around spider mans age and he's like 27 or 28 right now