Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

The age discrepancy was put down to the twins being immediately placed in stasis by the High Evolutionary after Magda left. They were decanted decades later when Bova gave them to the Maximoffs. It was Avengers Origins: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver that depicted this. It would explain both why Magneto wouldn’t immediately connect the twins as being his despite their eerie resemblance to himself and Magda, and their relative youth as the children of Holocaust survivors.

Like the original 5 in their 30's But not as old as Carol Danvers or Storm who are in their 40's more or less.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Like the original 5 in their 30's But not as old as Carol Danvers or Storm who are in their 40's more or less.
    Storm is nowhere near her 40's???

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Storm is nowhere near her 40's???
    Storm always i saw her quite older than the original xmen.
    And she always saw her of a similar age to characters like Betsy or Carol Danvers. So in effect by logic Ororo must be in his 40's

Ages are kinda a tricky argument because depending on where you started you're going to have a different interpretation of it, especially since the writers and editors don't even agree with what is the correct answer. And yeah, characters like Magneto that has ties to real world events can murk things up too. I don't think that it makes it impossible to keep Mags as their father. Cause yeah, Stasis and the High Evolutionary can explain away any problems there.

I always like to go with age ranges rather than set numbers, base on how the characters act and their history and only change my mind if a writer goes and changes that up in the text somehow.

Beast and Storm are late 30s or 40s since they seem older than most of the others for example. I had Emma here too but then the mini and her 28 statement in Morrison's run lumps her around Bobby's age range which should be early 30s at most generous, which most of the 05 being somewhere in the middle.

Jean is a lot harder to crack cause of all the deaths and retcons but I would say she's likely physically younger or the same age as Bobby now...

But get my point, it's such a rabbit hole.

All-New Member

Storm always i saw her quite older than the original xmen.
    And she always saw her of a similar age to characters like Betsy or Carol Danvers. So in effect by logic Ororo must be in his 40's
    Claremont established Storm as 26 at the beginning of his run on Uncanny. Make of that what you will

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel0606 View Post
    Claremont established Storm as 26 at the beginning of his run on Uncanny. Make of that what you will
    He said she was 25 during the early Phoenix days. Jean was 24 at the DPS conclusion. This has to be tweaked in the grand scheme of things because none of them are even 30 now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Beast is only barely than Scott/Jean/Warren. He was a hs senior when the Conquistador kidnapped him. I don't remember how long he was held, but the other X-Men(minus Jean) rescued him, and Scott was already about to age-out of the orphanage when Xavier recruited him[first]. So really, as of #1 in 1963, Bobby was 16, Scott/Jean/Warren were 17/18, and Hank was 18/19. It's barely been more than 10 years since for them(even though an entire year elapsed for them by issue #4 or so). Ororo is right there with them age-wise, she is just more mature because she was orphaned at age 4/5/6, so she had to grow up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He said she was 25 during the early Phoenix days. Jean was 24 at the DPS conclusion. This has to be tweaked in the grand scheme of things because none of them are even 30 now.
    lol you are so wrong.
    even if it was true that I do not remember.
    even if I was 25 in that saga.

Currently they would be close to their 40's.

To say that the original 5 and Storm do not even reach their 30, is very absurd if not ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel0606 View Post
    And that does not change my argument if you do not believe that at least 10 years have passed since then you are wrong.

If you are not 40 you are about to have them.
    It does not matter.

Agreed with all this

lol you are so wrong.
    even if it was true that I do not remember.
    even if I was 25 in that saga.

Currently they would be close to their 40's.

To say that the original 5 and Storm do not even reach their 30, is very absurd if not ridiculous.
    It's really not absurb. These are fictional characters stuck in a sliding timescale cause the IP owners are afraid to age them too much. If you read her older, you can read her older, but yogaflame can read her the same age as the 05 as well, and it doesn't really change much of anything. And they can be in their 20s and in their 30s or in their 40s at the same time because there is never going to be consistency there.

I mean, Spiderman is the 05s age and he's not allowed to even hint that he's 30 or they torpedo any progress he makes as an adult as soon as they can.

Agreed with all this
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Ages are kinda a tricky argument because depending on where you started you're going to have a different interpretation of it, especially since the writers and editors don't even agree with what is the correct answer. And yeah, characters like Magneto that has ties to real world events can murk things up too. I don't think that it makes it impossible to keep Mags as their father. Cause yeah, Stasis and the High Evolutionary can explain away any problems there.

I always like to go with age ranges rather than set numbers, base on how the characters act and their history and only change my mind if a writer goes and changes that up in the text somehow.

Beast and Storm are late 30s or 40s since they seem older than most of the others for example. I had Emma here too but then the mini and her 28 statement in Morrison's run lumps her around Bobby's age range which should be early 30s at most generous, which most of the 05 being somewhere in the middle.

Jean is a lot harder to crack cause of all the deaths and retcons but I would say she's likely physically younger or the same age as Bobby now...

But get my point, it's such a rabbit hole.

Agreed with you

HoX/PoX clearly established its only been about 10 years since Xavier formed the team(I would have said about 12/13 based on my own head canon). Editorial has maintained such figures too. Now Scott and Jean do have an extra decade on them mentally from their time raising Nathan in the future, so you could see them as being in their latest 30's, but physically they're latest 20's(or actually just a few months old at best since their recent resurrections).

In X-Men First Class they were portrayed as being the same age as the X-Men.