Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Reaction when the resurrection protocols are discovered by others

I’m curious as what everyone thinks about how the heroes and villains of the MU will react when the resurrection protocols become uncovered?

I think someone like Cap will say it’s an affront to God, Thor will probably be fine with it as death doesn’t seem permanent to Asgardians. Tony Stark and Reed will probably be fascinated by it and want to learn the science behind it of course. I honestly have no clue how T’Challa would react though.

For the villain side of it obviously they would want to steal the tech to use it for personal gain because you know, villains. That or maybe they see the struggle as pointless now since no matter what they do the X-Men will keep coming back.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’m curious as what everyone thinks about how the heroes and villains of the MU will react when the resurrection protocols become uncovered?

I think someone like Cap will say it’s an affront to God, Thor will probably be fine with it as death doesn’t seem permanent to Asgardians. Tony Stark and Reed will probably be fascinated by it and want to learn the science behind it of course. I honestly have no clue how T’Challa would react though.

For the villain side of it obviously they would want to steal the tech to use it for personal gain because you know, villains. That or maybe they see the struggle as pointless now since no matter what they do the X-Men will keep coming back.
    i doubt cap would call it an affront to god. the general reactions will probably be in line with us the readers, in whether or not its really bringing people back or is it just cloning.

I mean, look at how people are reacting to them just terraforming one little planet in a universe with large scale alien goverments. It will be a backslash, mostly fueled by people who want do the same or wanted to do it first.

Most of the heroes will react in hypocritical ways, since pretty much they all cheat death, but yeah Reed and Tony will probably just want access to the tech. T'Challa will likely be neutral for the most part, I think. Not openly approve or dissaprove but judge the fact it was kept secret.

I think it would put even more distance between the mutants, the X-men and the heroes of MU than it is already the case.

You can anticipate reactions of someone who is afraid of dying, you know how he/she would react… in some situations. But people who aren’t afraid to die are scarying people.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

The world at large would probably say keep your damn miracle meds we want virtual immortality too or we'll nuke your islands...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-17-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The world at large would probably say we want virtual immortality and your damn miracle meds or we'll nuke your islands...
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Thanos would likely go: "A mass cloning facility based on combining a handfull of super powers and a memory storage system? That's cute."

Meanwhile various alien civilizations would likely ask how they fixed the issues of X, Y and Z, much to the suprise of the mutants who didn't knew these issues exist, but have made such systems unreliable and problematic in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thanos would likely go: "A mass cloning facility based on combining a handfull of super powers and a memory storage system? That's cute."

Meanwhile various alien civilizations would likely ask how they fixed the issues of X, Y and Z, much to the suprise of the mutants who didn't knew these issues exist, but have made such systems unreliable and problematic in the past.
    This. The main problem with these being actual issues is that they are only issues if you ignore the larger MU. Mutants leveled up. Who cares what some humans think? They might have a problem but it'll just be there for drama to any earth based team. With people who will likely want to take the technology themselves (And some religious nuts who will allign mutants to the devil or whatever)

Sadly, any real consequences to this will only be felt if/when they lose the protocols.

That's a good question. It's tricky because so many heroes and villains have returned from the "dead" so no one should really be too shocked, but surely there will be some hostile reactions. "The mutants have a limitless army!" And if the details of the process are revealed it will put big targets on the backs of the Five.
    I agree that Reed and Tony will want access to info about it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Have they ever said what mutants serve as redundancy replacements for any of the Five, or it all just theory-crafting with mutants like Tempo, Layla Miller, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Have they ever said what mutants serve as redundancy replacements for any of the Five, or it all just theory-crafting with mutants like Tempo, Layla Miller, etc.?
    One of the data pages talks brieftly on exploring potential replacement, but mostly in context of power mimics like Synch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

That would be very interesting! I’d also like to see the Eternal’s opinion on it since they use similar methods. Also a bit OT but the current Eternals arc is A) really good and B) dealing with the fallout of what happens when the resurrection protocols are broken. Plus art is by Esad Ribic so it’s insanely gorgeous.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

I could see some religious folk questioning whether a copy of the memories is the same thing as an immortal soul, and the mutant-hater crowd to use that as a wedge to suggest that all these resurrected mutants are now just soulless copies, and who can tell which mutants have gone through the process and are now abominations and which are just standard hate-and-fear fodder?

Best to burn them all, just to be sure!

If any of them find out they've got a few mutants (like Wicked, most specifically, but even supernaturally-connected mutants like Siryn or Ilyanna) with actual powers that could help reunite souls with bodies *and deliberate chose to resurrect without them,* that would only exacerbate the sinister implications. "They are *choosing* to raise a soulless army!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I could see the Jackal trying to make a move, as The Clone Conspiracy did revolve around him attempting to perfect "reanimation," arguably or technically a more advanced version of the cloning methods he employed before with Ben Reilly, the original Scarlet Spider (and once and future Spider-Man), as his test subject --- until Ben went insane and hijacked his operations for revenge and a misguided attempt to make up for all the people Spider-Man couldn't save by bringing them all back from the dead. Besides the Jackal, I could also see various human governments turning to the "biological reboot" tech once employed by Tony Stark (since he was brought up before) to revive himself (and Rhodey) from the dead after the events of Civil War II, as that might be the closest human-sourced technological equivalent or counter to the mutants' Resurrection Protocols.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I could see the Jackal trying to make a move, as The Clone Conspiracy did revolve around him attempting to perfect "reanimation," arguably or technically a more advanced version of the cloning methods he employed before with Ben Reilly, the original Scarlet Spider (and once and future Spider-Man), as his test subject --- until Ben went insane and hijacked his operations for revenge and a misguided attempt to make up for all the people Spider-Man couldn't save by bringing them all back from the dead. Besides the Jackal, I could also see various human governments turning to the "biological reboot" tech once employed by Tony Stark (since he was brought up before) to revive himself (and Rhodey) from the dead after the events of Civil War II, as that might be the closest human-sourced technological equivalent or counter to the mutants' Resurrection Protocols.
    It wold be interesting if a panicky Ben Reilly(soon to be Spiderman again) report the X-men what DEATH HERSELF told him. That excessve resurrectio this way taint the sould driving to madnes and evil!
    <i always found this detail interesting, considering that so far those who abused this form of resurrection were only the villains who were quite mad and evil to start with, so it had gone unnoticed so far, but if you look closely you notice that those villains grow more and more insane, each time the come back!>