Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The Avengers most definitely will discover them at the end of Trial of Magneto so it will be insteresting to see their reaction.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I mean, look at how people are reacting to them just terraforming one little planet in a universe with large scale alien goverments. It will be a backslash, mostly fueled by people who want do the same or wanted to do it first.

Most of the heroes will react in hypocritical ways, since pretty much they all cheat death, but yeah Reed and Tony will probably just want access to the tech. T'Challa will likely be neutral for the most part, I think. Not openly approve or dissaprove but judge the fact it was kept secret.
    I mean it's not that they couldn't do it.Avengers have resources that could easily terraform Mars.Same with FF.
    It's more disturbing the natural balance and taking something that doesn't belong to them.Same way Americans were the first to land on the moon, doesn't mean they can claim it.
    Moreover they declare themselves the capital of the solar System.

It's more ethical dialemma more than anything else.

And they have the tech.It's just cloning with memories, if anything they will look down upon it for the soul aspect of it.Not hypocritical.
    I would say the scale is kinda impressive but we have seen people clone species and populations e.x. high evolutionary.
    It's just something usually villains or morally ambiguous people do.

Tony and Reed would be more focused on if they are actually them or clones.Specially tony.
    This could be a nudge to push black Panther to see Krakoa as more of a threat than he already does.(Not because of tech, because of their amoral use of it)
    Cap would be uncomfortable like the readers.
    No idea about thor.

Again the writers may go full angry with them just for manufactured conflict.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The Avengers most definitely will discover them at the end of Trial of Magneto so it will be insteresting to see their reaction.
    God I hope not.This is something Hickman needs to write.And no offense to Leah but she doesn't have what it takes to handle this with nuance and grace that someone like Hickman has.That and Hickman understands both Avengers and X-man and would be able to write how they would react.

And please bring Lyla Miller into this.Baby mamma is meh, her powerset is made for this issue.So much potential.

Thanos will destroy Krakoa, how dare you deny Mistress Death
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I would very much like to see a Thanos vs X-Men story arc.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    God I hope not.This is something Hickman needs to write.And no offense to Leah but she doesn't have what it takes to handle this with nuance and grace that someone like Hickman has.That and Hickman understands both Avengers and X-man and would be able to write how they would react.

And please bring Lyla Miller into this.Baby mamma is meh, her powerset is made for this issue.So much potential.
    I miss Layla Miller so much PAD definitely needs to write her exploring Krakoa and making difficult questions, just like she did with Utopia and yes I hope Hickman handles the revelation of the ressurrection protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I have been expecting Mistress Death herself since the protocols were revealed but all she has done is send her cousin The Morrigan and Hela is still nowhere to be seen so Thanos coming would be great,Still the Death godness need to step up their game,would love to see Selene,Magik, Danielle and Wanda,when she gets back, use their mystical habilities on Krakoa.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-18-2021 at 01:23 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Wasn’t Mistress Death dying in a title recently in part due to the Krakoans? I seem to remember that but it also got resolved.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yes but I believe Valkyrie solved that case and it seemed Death just wanted to teach her a lesson about the need for all life to end at some point, which makes it even more rare why she´s not been seen at Krakoa unless marvel is getting ready a story about this.

Astonishing Member

Yes but I believe Valkyrie solved that case and it seemed Death just wanted to teach her a lesson about the need for all life to end at some point, which makes it even more rare why she´s not been seen at Krakoa unless marvel is getting ready a story about this.
    I have the feeling, that because it's not meant to last, the people in charge don't feel like it has to be adressed in a major way. Eventualy they just need to slap the "this is why it didn't work in the long run" label on the whole thing and the "public revival system" of the mutants will be a short lived fad, leaving ressurection to (supposed to be) difficult techniques or stock crazed scientist devices.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’m curious as what everyone thinks about how the heroes and villains of the MU will react when the resurrection protocols become uncovered?

I think someone like Cap will say it’s an affront to God, Thor will probably be fine with it as death doesn’t seem permanent to Asgardians. Tony Stark and Reed will probably be fascinated by it and want to learn the science behind it of course. I honestly have no clue how T’Challa would react though.

For the villain side of it obviously they would want to steal the tech to use it for personal gain because you know, villains. That or maybe they see the struggle as pointless now since no matter what they do the X-Men will keep coming back.
    Not to get too meta about it, but it's funny to think any comic book character would bat an eye at it given how many times they've all died and came back eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The world at large would probably say keep your damn miracle meds we want virtual immortality too or we'll nuke your islands...
    Agreed with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thanos would likely go: "A mass cloning facility based on combining a handfull of super powers and a memory storage system? That's cute."

Meanwhile various alien civilizations would likely ask how they fixed the issues of X, Y and Z, much to the suprise of the mutants who didn't knew these issues exist, but have made such systems unreliable and problematic in the past.
    Oh yeah, expecially the little problem that resurrected clones, like sequels of F&F, give diminishing returns each "rebirth".
    There could be a reason why only Earth eternals pursue that form of resurrection(and now mutants, way after mad genetists did the craziest thing with that knowledge)

Incredible Member

What difference will it make? The Avengers quite literally have no say in the matter.There's no way they can force it to shared or even applied to the rest of the world because of the way it apparently works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I would very much like to see a Thanos vs X-Men story arc.
    I feel like most X-Men are basically street level and completely unsuited to cosmic adventures. Only the truly big guns like Storm, Magneto, Jean Grey, reality warpers, etc. could hope to hold their own in the same league as Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, or Thanos.

We saw the aftermath of Thanos and his Cabal vs alt reality X-Men. It didn't end well for the mutants.

Last edited by nx01a; 07-18-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Oh yeah, expecially the little problem that resurrected clones, like sequels of F&F, give diminishing returns each "rebirth".
    There could be a reason why only Earth eternals pursue that form of resurrection(and now mutants, way after mad genetists did the craziest thing with that knowledge)
    Umm...Would they even run into these problems because "The Copy Machine Effect" you are referring to doesn't seem to come into play here. They're not making a genetic copy of a genetic copy like was seen with the Asgard in Stargate (and was the root cause of their problems) with the technique the X-crowd are using which seems to be based on growing a new body from the original genetic source material which was apparently lost to the Asgard or they discarded it for whatever reason (most likely thinking they really no longer needed it) at the start their process.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-18-2021 at 12:18 PM.