Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman Fighting Game

Do you think a Wonder Woman fighting game could work? If so, how would you go about it? What developer would you trust with it?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Of course it could work.

She has a lasso, sword, punch to do all the fancy techniques. Flight to chase after certain enemies. Block bullets/beams from bad guys.

Spectacular Member

There's a thread on this

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Of course it could work.

She has a lasso, sword, punch to do all the fancy techniques. Flight to chase after certain enemies. Block bullets/beams from bad guys.
    Depends on the powers that be whether she can fly or not. As we all know, they are inconsistent to the point that we question whether she is street fighter level or above as she should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you think a Wonder Woman fighting game could work? If so, how would you go about it? What developer would you trust with it?
    Hmmm Injustice... WW edition? sure, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Of course it could work.

Fighting game not action game.

My ideal roster would be (basing it on the number of Injustice's original roster):

1. Aphrodite
    2. Ares
    3. Artemis of Bana-Mighdall
    4. Cassie Sandsmark
    5. Cheetah
    6. Circe
    7. Doctor Cyber
    8. Doctor Poison
    9. Doctor Psycho
    10. Donna Troy
    11. Eris
    12. Ferdinand
    13. Giganta
    14. Grail
    15. Hades
    16. Hercules
    17. Hermes
    18. Medusa
    19. Nubia
    20. Silver Swan
    21. Steve Trevor
    22. Wonder Woman
    23. Yara Flor
    24. Zeus

Tried to be as objective as possible to pick characters who I think would legit sell the game. You gotta appeal to the straight white male (ugh) community because they're the biggest market, so I threw in a bunch of gods.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I need to ask what's the difference of move set between Diana, Donna, and Artemis?
    Cassie at least doesn't use a sword and I can include Silent Armor to make her a berserker type
    I don't know about Yara

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Fighting game not action game.
    Genuine question since I am not a gamer and I don't even play those computer games that come in computers or cellphones: what's the difference? If someone asked me, I would probably say, "doesn't a game that involves fighting be an action game by its nature?"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Genuine question since I am not a gamer and I don't even play those computer games that come in computers or cellphones: what's the difference? If someone asked me, I would probably say, "doesn't a game that involves fighting be an action game by its nature?"
    Fighting game: think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or Tekken. A one-vs-one (usually there are some exceptions) battle of one fighting until there's a knockout.

Action-Adventure (I'm assuming people would want an action-adventure Wonder Woman game) - think Tomb Raider, Uncharted, God of War. A game where there are battles and action, but there are also multiple enemy types, boss fights, sidequests/side missions, objectives, collectibles, and exploration.

Youtube has a lot of people playing both of these types of games to better illustrate the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Fighting game: think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or Tekken. A one-vs-one (usually there are some exceptions) battle of one fighting until there's a knockout.

Action-Adventure (I'm assuming people would want an action-adventure Wonder Woman game) - think Tomb Raider, Uncharted, God of War. A game where there are battles and action, but there are also multiple enemy types, boss fights, sidequests/side missions, objectives, collectibles, and exploration.

Youtube has a lot of people playing both of these types of games to better illustrate the differences.
    OMG, thank you so much!!! I feel so dumb now, but it makes so much sense. Thanks for taking the time to clarify that.

And yes, I would definitely lean towards an action-adventure game for WW; her mythos is rich enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I need to ask what's the difference of move set between Diana, Donna, and Artemis?
    Cassie at least doesn't use a sword and I can include Silent Armor to make her a berserker type
    I don't know about Yara
    Yara's a hydro-kinetic. So moves involving flinging water at people? IIRC Aquaman had that as part of his move set.

Hmmm, a Silent Armor based move set for Cassie could be interesting. Then again, that comic book where she beat Lycus had he do some sort of rage move that was seemingly fueled by nothing other than her own innate power as a daughter of Zeus. So either way.... rage mode Cassie works. Heck if it was Cassie in MK vs DC, "Go the hell away" could be her "heroic brutality"... assuming Lycus actually survived... we never saw him again. Maybe it'd be a Fatality? Either way lightning lasso seems good.

These claims that Yara Flor is Hydrokinetic come from that one panel in issue 2?

I know her father is a river god, but I don't remember her using water powers at all in Future State

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'll take the Hydro for now.

I think I can differentiate Diana by being lasso-based like I'd take out her sword completely.
    Artemis is sword-based and leans more on her Outlaws era.
    Donna, I still don't know
    Hyppolite is spear based on her current Justice League

No, wait. Diana lasso, Artemis battleax, Hyppolite spear, Phillipus sword, Antiope mace.

Antiope carries a mace in Legends as the High Priestess of Ares

Their move set difference would be Diana and Hyppolite will be more light, Artemis and Antiope heavy and strong, Philippus average, but only in comparison among Amazons.

Gods, Sorceresses, Doctors, militaries, and Cheetahs have different tiers.

Donna, I still don't know. As of now she's Diana's Ken to Ryu.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-18-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Donna can use a staff. Maybe add a throwing star weapon like Jade from MK.