Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    These claims that Yara Flor is Hydrokinetic come from that one panel in issue 2?

I know her father is a river god, but I don't remember her using water powers at all in Future State
    Same here. I am so confused by that page. Nothing in it read (to me) as Yara being a hydrokinetic (like Mera is). Maybe the art was not clear in conveying it?

Could they put her in Smash Bros? If we can get characters from SEGA, Bandai-Namco, Capcom, Konami, SNK, Square-Enix, Atlus, Monolith, Rare, and whoever makes Minecraft, surely WB Interactive could lend a character.

Whom am I kidding? If they got someone from WBI, it'd be Batman. And if WBI did send over WW, she'd be another sword-and-shield fighter...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Could they put her in Smash Bros? If we can get characters from SEGA, Bandai-Namco, Capcom, Konami, SNK, Square-Enix, Atlus, Monolith, Rare, and whoever makes Minecraft, surely WB Interactive could lend a character.

Whom am I kidding? If they got someone from WBI, it'd be Batman. And if WBI did send over WW, she'd be another sword-and-shield fighter...
    People said Sakurai said he only accepts characters that originate in games

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ah. Probably the best decision, now that I think about it, otherwise there'd be a million cries for anime characters to be added.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Ah. Probably the best decision, now that I think about it, otherwise there'd be a million cries for anime characters to be added.
    Goku is the top requested third party character for Smash

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Goku is the top requested third party character for Smash
    That's what I figured, heh. With the popularity of the Bandai-Namco DBZ games, it was to be expected.

Heroes

Diana

Donna

Cassie

Nubia

Vanessa

Akila

Artemis

Philippus

Hippolyta

Villains

Barbara Minerva

Ares

Circe

Devastation

Giganta

Dr. Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Heroes
    Diana
    Donna
    Cassie
    Nubia
    Vanessa
    Akila
    Artemis
    Philippus
    Hippolyta

Villains
    Barbara Minerva
    Ares
    Circe
    Devastation
    Giganta
    Dr. Psycho
    Hmm that's a nice start. Maybe Blue Snowman too?

I wouldn't be opposed to Supergirl or one or more of the Kryptonian supervillainesses. Heck, since some version of Superwoman aren't even Kryptonians those would be a great option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which includes Android 21, despite her being a DBZ character, because the DBZ games have some original characters that didn't appear in manga or anime first. Also... she's kinda the main character in the game she debuted in.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm that's a nice start. Maybe Blue Snowman too?

I wouldn't be opposed to Supergirl or one or more of the Kryptonian supervillainesses. Heck, since some version of Superwoman aren't even Kryptonians those would be a great option.
    Which includes Android 21, despite her being a DBZ character, because the DBZ games have some original characters that didn't appear in manga or anime first. Also... she's kinda the main character in the game she debuted in.
    Personally, I think it might be best to stick to WW characters for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you think a Wonder Woman fighting game could work? If so, how would you go about it? What developer would you trust with it?
    Absolutely! It is a no brainer. And you have a ton of options. You could do weapon based fighters in the spirit of Soul Calibur IV (not 5 or after as it is not as clean and the idea is to focus on the combat rather than fill the screen with colorful bloblets and sparks).

They could easily do a Destiny-like game where you travel to realms like Areopagus, Olympus, Themyscira, Aeaea or whatever and do story DLC after the single player campaign unlocks portals or whatever.

Or they can do a simple traditional single player campaign based on her classic stories (preferably) like CHALLENGE OF THE GODS. It really is a no brainer and I don't see how they don't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Absolutely! It is a no brainer. And you have a ton of options. You could do weapon based fighters in the spirit of Soul Calibur IV (not 5 or after as it is not as clean and the idea is to focus on the combat rather than fill the screen with colorful bloblets and sparks).

They could easily do a Destiny-like game where you travel to realms like Areopagus, Olympus, Themyscira, Aeaea or whatever and do story DLC after the single player campaign unlocks portals or whatever.

Or they can do a simple traditional single player campaign based on her classic stories (preferably) like CHALLENGE OF THE GODS. It really is a no brainer and I don't see how they don't see it
    These are interesting ideas but this thread is specifically for a fighting game.

My roster would be:

Heroes
    Diana: lasso + tiara + bracelets
    Donna: energy blasts and force fields (from her time as Troia)
    Cassie: Zeus' thunderbolts
    Artemis: bow and arrows
    Nubia: sword and shield
    Hippolyta: staff
    Phillippus: mace
    Yara: bolas + hydrokinesis
    Fury: whip
    Achilles: spear
    Steve Trevor: guns and gadgets
    Ferdinand: um...horns?

Villains
    Ares (Phobos, Deimos and Eris can show up in his special moves)
    Circe
    Medusa
    Cheetah
    Giganta
    Dr Poison
    Dr Cyber
    Silver Swan
    Queen Clea
    Zara
    Blue Snowman
    Duke of Deception (Dr Psycho is tricky as a milee fighter)

Ares... the idea of a multi-character boss encounter works, at least as part of a multi-stage boss fight, But for a fighting game it's usually more fun if multi-character fights like that also have separate versions that can be fought against(or as) individually. Hmm maybe fight them one at a time then as a group?

Cheetah feels like someone who'd work best with a bunch of fast lunge and combo powers that don't hit super hard, but hit a lot of times.

I imagine fighting Circe would be a lot like fighting Blackheart in MvC2. He mostly hurls magic blasts at you, but also summons smaller demons to claw at you. Circe would be man-beasts not demons, but largely the same otherwise.

Devastation would probably be best setup similar to Psylocke (to use another MvC2 analogy) She's primarily a melee fighter, but can create illusory doubles and use a few ranged moves.

Giganta would be neat as a character who has a form change power and doesn't need to be giant to fight.

Medusa... hmm a petrification mechanic might be interesting...

hmmm sooo many ideas to ponder though....

I think a rogue type action game would be better for her but if I had to pick a developer for a fighting game it would be Bandai Namco and Arc System Works.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?