View Poll Results: DC Comics That Focus on Female Lead Characters: Which Will You Buy?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman / Catwoman (12 issues)

8 27.59%
  • Catwoman

11 37.93%
  • Catwoman: Lonely City (4 issues)

15 51.72%
  • Crush and Lobo (8 issues)

5 17.24%
  • Harley Quinn

6 20.69%
  • Icon and Rocket Season One (6 issues)

6 20.69%
  • Nubia & The Amazons (6 issues)

13 44.83%
  • Sensational Wonder Woman

13 44.83%
  • Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow (8 issues)

9 31.03%
  • Wonder Girl

13 44.83%
  • Wonder Woman (regular series)

22 75.86%
  • Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100 Page Super Spectacular (1-shot)

18 62.07%
  • Wonder Woman Black & Gold (6 issues)

11 37.93%
  • Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons (3 issues)

16 55.17%
  • other Wonder Woman one-shots (reprints/collections/samples)

9 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Currently-Published or Solicited DC Comics That Focus on Female Lead Characters

Well, including the titles announced in the October 2021 solicitations from DC, it looks like these may be the DC books starring (or at least co-starring) female lead characters:
    * Batman / Catwoman (12 issues)
    * Catwoman
    * Catwoman: Lonely City (4 issues)
    * Crush and Lobo (8 issues)
    * Harley Quinn
    * Icon and Rocket Season One (6 issues)
    * Nubia & The Amazons (6 issues)
    * Sensational Wonder Woman
    * Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow (8 issues)
    * Wonder Girl
    * Wonder Woman
    * Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100 Page Super Spectacular (one-shot)
    * Wonder Woman Black & Gold (6 issues)
    * Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons (3 issues)
    * Wonder Woman: The Adventures of Young Diana Special (one-shot collection)
    * Wonder Woman #1 Special Edition (one-shot reprint)
    * Diana: Princess of The Amazons Special Edition #1 (one-shot sample of graphic novel)
    * Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed Special Edition #1 (one-shot sample of graphic novel)

So, question is, which of the above titles are you buying or plan on at least trying out? I made a poll listing the first fourteen of those books, but since polls here only allow fifteen options, I had to group the one-shot reprints/samples togther.

Please note I have not included titles like Nightwing nor Deathstroke Inc. because I don't know how much those titles will focus on either Batgirl or Black Canary as opposed to the guys who are named in the titles of those books.

You forgot Green Lantern, which splits it's page count roughly equally between John Stewart and Jo Mullein.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

None of them.

Supergirl
    Wonder Girl
    Crush & Lobo
    Harley Quinn

Edit: If we are discussing this I’m giving it to Green Lantern, Jo is basically co-lead with John and has a big story focus.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-17-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You forgot Green Lantern, which splits it's page count roughly equally between John Stewart and Jo Mullein.
    Well, since I don't read Green Lantern I was not aware of that, nor do I have any idea on how the "roughly equally" split has been going on and/or will be continuing.

But if people are reading that title and feel Jo Mullein is getting close to 50% of the focus, then by all means they should feel free to mention it.

Side note: I had tried getting a feel on what books have a female focus in a different thread before ("Looking for more DC comics with awesome women") where somebody did mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    . . . Far Sector just finished up and has an enjoyable new lead character who is now appearing in the on-going Green Lantern book.
    but that was all I got on that title.

The page count of Green Lantern is currently equally split between John and Jo. I count it as a female lead book considering Batman/Catwoman counts as well.

There's also Harley's Eat, Bang, Kill tour. I thought it's just a one-shot but apparently not.

Finished reading:
    * Sensational Wonder Woman — I'm a little sad it only got 7 Issues but there are a lot of other WW books to read for once so, yay!
    * Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed — I'm digging the OGNs. Especially for the female leads.

Picking up:
    * Catwoman
    * Green Lantern
    * Nubia & The Amazons
    * Wonder Woman (The Adventures of Young Diana are included here.)
    * Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary
    * Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons

Trade waiting:
    * Catwoman: Lonely City
    * Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow
    * Wonder Girl
    * Wonder Woman Black & Gold

Unsure:
    * Icon and Rocket Season One
    * Diana: Princess of The Amazons
    Last edited by Avi; 07-18-2021 at 12:47 AM.

I'm getting everything except Icon and Rocket, and I'm unsure about Nubia and the Amazons. I haven't heard much of what's going on with the Nubia title, but I am interested in finding out about it.

All the Wonder Woman and WW related books including Nubia and all the Catwoman books.

I didn't see Yara and the Icon/Rocket book when I voted but I would get them as well.

Wonder Woman Historia is the big one followed by the regular series, B&G #5, 80th Anniversary one-shot, and Nubia and the Amazons.

Trade waiting Catwoman: Lonely City
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-18-2021 at 07:04 AM.

I'm not getting anything on the poll, but I will be picking up "Deathstroke, Inc" specifically for Black Canary to see if she's presented well there. (and fwiw, I think I'll only be getting 2 other DC books that are team books)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm not getting anything on the poll, but I will be picking up "Deathstroke, Inc" specifically for Black Canary to see if she's presented well there. (and fwiw, I think I'll only be getting 2 other DC books that are team books)
    I'd love a Black Canary series, but I'm avoiding Deathstroke Inc. because of . . . Deathstroke.

(I'm assuming his gutting of Phantom Lady <Dee Tyler> at the beginning of Infinite Crisis is back in his history, so I definitely won't support a book starring Deathstroke.)

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

None of them.

I'd buy a Donna Troy or a Cassandra Sandsmark's title. I'm not interested in this new Wonder Girl.
    Probably I'd buy a Batgirls book featuring Steph, Cass and Babs too.

To answer my own question, I'm also unfortunately in the "NONE OF THEM" boat at present.

Tried a couple of issues of Catwoman after Infinite Frontier #0, but upcoming ties to "Fear State", the whole "Magistrate" mess in the Bat-books, and now Harley showing up caused me to bail on Selina.

I don't like / don't buy anything by Tom King, so that killed off any potential interest in Batman/Catwoman and Supergirl.

And DC lost me on following anything with Wonder Woman (again) after I was following Rucka's Rebirth stories and then got hit with Robinson's Jason series with occasional appearances by Diana. (Didn't even bother picking it up again when they brought in Steve Orlando as writer since I'm not a big fan of his writing either.)

23 people have responded to the poll so far.

Among the top choices at the moment are:
    * Wonder Woman (regular series) = 17 votes
    * Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100 Page Super Spectacular (1-shot) = 14 votes
    * Catwoman: Lonely City (4 issues) = 13 votes
    * Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons (3 issues) = 12 votes

Currently only Wonder Girl and I plan on picking up Catwoman mini when it gets launched.