View Poll Results: Is Harley Quinn a Better Character...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • As The Joker's Girlfriend

8 29.63%
  • Broken Up With The Joker

19 70.37%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Well he's a narcissist and a sociopath, so those kinds of people aren't capable of genuine love, but they are capable of obsession and I think in Joker's case Harley was like his ultimate trophy, in that he was convinced he "created" her and she "belonged to him," so that's why he wanted to keep her around. Like a little pet that he could own and bully. Abusers tend to see their victims that way.
    That works for me.

I really wish you had given the option of "Not interesting under either scenario." Because she is not.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    She was more interesting before she got over-exposed / overly-shoved-down-our-throats.
    You'd have to say the same thing about Batman nowadays since he's half (or more) of DC's line at this point.

Without the Joker because the character has developed beyond being his sidekick. Putting her back with him is a reversion.

I've always been fond of Harley's early portrayals as the unhinged confidant and love interest of The Joker, but I think I enjoyed her as a character more when she was moved onto The Suicide Squad. However, I absolutely despise this new anti-hero Harley we've gotten, and I roll my eyes whenever I see DC editorial try to push that portrayal.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 07-20-2021 at 12:17 PM.