Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,863

    Default How long before the big Kang centered event happens?

    With everyone knowing Kang is the next big bad of the MCU how long will it be before the comics do a huge Kang crossover event? They beat Thanos like a rented mule the whole time he was the big bad of the MCU so it just stands to reason it will soon be Kang's turn. What do we think next summer maybe? A total line wide event? Crazy times gets broken type story?

  2. #2
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Thank god for Jim Starlin, if I wanted my Thanos fix I knew where to go because Thanos certainly wasn't getting any respect in Marvel Prime.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With everyone knowing Kang is the next big bad of the MCU how long will it be before the comics do a huge Kang crossover event? They beat Thanos like a rented mule the whole time he was the big bad of the MCU so it just stands to reason it will soon be Kang's turn. What do we think next summer maybe? A total line wide event? Crazy times gets broken type story?
    Probably something with a similar idea to the ongoing events in the MCU but not exactly

  4. #4
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,670

    Default

    The benefit of Kang is that every time he shows up it can be an alternate universe version of him, or a Kang from a point in time we haven't seen yet. He's very fluid so you have the opportunity to make each encounter unique and not encounter the same issue they had with Thanos where they had to keep things going despite his "money shot" if you will not occurring for another 5-6 years.

    With Kang and his inevitable MCU retooling he's probably going to be fine given all the alternate timelines meaning he'd be about as consistent as Iron lad is to Immortus to Kang or Rama Tut. And really the better option is that since all versions of him are essentially valid so the writers only need the summary of him and what editorial needs to have done with him. If they do it right they only need for the story to be good rather than try and fit everything together which is held together by gum as is. So long as we're not finding OG Nathaniel Richards or anything.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Nomads1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
    Posts
    3,354

    Default

    I fear for what may come. The biggest problem with Kang is that his greatest hits came when it was not as cool to be an Avengers fan or a Kang fan. The Celestial Madonna, The Once and Future Kang, Avengers Forever, Kang Dynasty, The Cross-Time Kangs, even his storyline over in Uncanny Avengers (though I have to admit, that book never did it for me). Those are stories that foccus on high-concepts, and subtle character work. Not every writer can do a good time travel story. In fact, few can (or you end up with something like Bendis' the Age of Ultron). I really can't see many of the current, everything is identity politics, comics, or MCU writers doing a good job on that.

    Peace

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,222

    Default

    Why are you dragging identity politics into this?

    I'm wondering now if anything will happen because synergy has been inconsistent with the MCU

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4,911

    Default

    Kang has never been one of my favorite villains;
    A lot of storylines that featured were okay though. I do remember the Kang Dynasty storyline was just horrible for me to get through. Way too long at 15 issues, and the art kept going up and down in quality.

    But I digress.

    As long as any new Kang event doesn’t get too out of control it should be fine.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The benefit of Kang is that every time he shows up it can be an alternate universe version of him, or a Kang from a point in time we haven't seen yet. He's very fluid so you have the opportunity to make each encounter unique and not encounter the same issue they had with Thanos where they had to keep things going despite his "money shot" if you will not occurring for another 5-6 years.

    With Kang and his inevitable MCU retooling he's probably going to be fine given all the alternate timelines meaning he'd be about as consistent as Iron lad is to Immortus to Kang or Rama Tut. And really the better option is that since all versions of him are essentially valid so the writers only need the summary of him and what editorial needs to have done with him. If they do it right they only need for the story to be good rather than try and fit everything together which is held together by gum as is. So long as we're not finding OG Nathaniel Richards or anything.
    The inconsistency I see about Kang is that he doesn’t have any imagination. He always makes the same mistake in that his ego dictates he is a failure in whatever time travel scheme he starts. What? He has made like 1000 attempts to beat the Avengers and he still can’t do it. He tried hundreds of iterations to beat Ultron in Heroic Avenge Avengers #1-5, and busted space-time instead. The guy is a turkey. Maybe Marvel could do an Event where Kang wins this time. That would be a change. Heck if Knull could land on Marvels doorstep, why couldn’t a deadbeat like Kang? Why doesn’t Kang just look at the history of all those successful lunatics, like Knull, Hydra Cap, the Beyonders, or Ultron, and figure out how they did it?

    I see the world waking up one morning and it’s quite normal that Kang is now President of the world, and everyone’s happy about it. This is how it should start. So Jason Aaron now has to go away and figure out how to do this.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-18-2021 at 05:40 PM.

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,222

    Default

    So maybe the next Kang event should be him learning from his mistakes

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,640

    Default

    Kang War 2.

  11. #11
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Kang has never been one of my favorite villains;
    A lot of storylines that featured were okay though. I do remember the Kang Dynasty storyline was just horrible for me to get through. Way too long at 15 issues, and the art kept going up and down in quality.

    But I digress.

    As long as any new Kang event doesn’t get too out of control it should be fine.
    Funny I always though he was one of the coolest avenger villain's, but... you know first impressions.

    I see the world waking up one morning and it’s quite normal that Kang is now President of the world, and everyone’s happy about it. This is how it should start. So Jason Aaron now has to go away and figure out how to do this.
    Seriously, this... I mean the entirety of the Heroes Reborn thing would have been roughly equal if the squadron supreme and coulson were pawns of Kang instead of Mehpisto.

    On thing I like about kang is that essentially Kang Comes from a Core conceit that "Well... I mean... I already WON, and I'm bored, lets fight!" its weird.

    End of the day... Kang didn't really have his Jim Starlin so no one a marvel was like "Yeah this my pet he's awesome"

    but whats good about Kang is that he's the descendant of the Avengers/FF/Doom somehow and he's just a chicken come home to roost
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Wasn't there a whole thing about Kang stealing Janet and Havok's baby or something? What happened to that?

  13. #13
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    He did also steal Ahura and the Inhumans went to get him back
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-18-2021 at 10:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,407

    Default

    He's getting a solo next month so not very long.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Nomads1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
    Posts
    3,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Wasn't there a whole thing about Kang stealing Janet and Havok's baby or something? What happened to that?
    That was the Uncanny Avengers run I mentioned. I, barely remember it. Not a book I ever enjoyed, and not among my favorite Kang stories, but it was suppposed to have been a big deal.

    Peace

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •