Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With everyone knowing Kang is the next big bad of the MCU how long will it be before the comics do a huge Kang crossover event? They beat Thanos like a rented mule the whole time he was the big bad of the MCU so it just stands to reason it will soon be Kang's turn. What do we think next summer maybe? A total line wide event? Crazy times gets broken type story?
    Kurt Busiek tried that his last saga of Kang was an event that affected the entire Marvel universe, but the editors did not let him and in the end that story was self-contained within his Avengers run.

Astonishing Member

I can see it be a big line, where each version of Kang wages an attack on one of the different corners and groups of the Marvel universe. Maybe instead attacking the main timeline they attack in the past to change things to ensure their victory. Those with time connections then get teams to deal with the appropriate Kang.

In Comics, the last "Big" Kang storyline I recall reading was in the first arc of Waid's run. I didn't deslike it, but it sure didn't excite me as much as, say, Avengers Forever or Kang Dynasty (the event mentioned by Charlie_1981, which, truth be said, had a LOT of it's impact neutered by editorial when they decided to make it a self-contained "event". Still one of my favorites, though). Maybe it was the art. Not a huge Del Mundo fan. But the fact is, it didn't feel impactful enough. And Waid is what I consider an old school writer. With the exception of Al Ewing, and maybe not even him, I can't imagine any other current Marvel writer that could give us a decent Kang time-spanning epic.

Peace

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Wasn't there a pretty long Kang arc during Waid's All New All Different?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's the story I mentioned above. There was a subplot that went on through All-New, All-Different, with the proto-Champions, and that culminated in the first arc onf Waid's mostly adult Avengers, with art by Mike Del Mundo, in which Cap erases the past of the then active Avengers (Falc-Cap, Vizh, Spidey, Nadia-Wasp and Thorette - Jane Foster), except fot Herc, which he fails to determine the date of birth due to unprecise records. The Avengers than face multiple versions of Kang with a couple of multiple versions of themselves (current line-up + original line-up + Stern's late line-up). My summary actually sounds more exciting than I found the story itself to be. Good ideas that just weren't developed as well as, IMHO, they could have been. As I said, I didn't dislike it, but it didn't wow me much.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Wasn't there a whole thing about Kang stealing Janet and Havok's baby or something? What happened to that?
    The same thing that happened to Janet's relationship with Havok. Nobody but Rememender actually cared about either development so they were immediately ignored as soon as he left Marvel.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    There was one with the post-Hickman Avengers where he possessed Vision to prevent the Avengers from assembling.

Waid followed it up with the Avengers post-Champions leaving where Vision takes revenge by attempting to assassinate Kang when he's child and the Kang variants get involved.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Kurt Busiek tried that his last saga of Kang was an event that affected the entire Marvel universe, but the editors did not let him and in the end that story was self-contained within his Avengers run.
    That was such a mess. You can not have a story where a character is literally taking over the world and not have it be a line wide event series. Kang destroyed entire cities, but not one other book eve touched on it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    It's the story I mentioned above. There was a subplot that went on through All-New, All-Different, with the proto-Champions, and that culminated in the first arc onf Waid's mostly adult Avengers, with art by Mike Del Mundo, in which Cap erases the past of the then active Avengers (Falc-Cap, Vizh, Spidey, Nadia-Wasp and Thorette - Jane Foster), except fot Herc, which he fails to determine the date of birth due to unprecise records. The Avengers than face multiple versions of Kang with a couple of multiple versions of themselves (current line-up + original line-up + Stern's late line-up). My summary actually sounds more exciting than I found the story itself to be. Good ideas that just weren't developed as well as, IMHO, they could have been. As I said, I didn't dislike it, but it didn't wow me much.

Peace
    Yeah your explanation sounds much more exciting I dropped the book after 3 issues a tad bit boring for my taste; especially coming from Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That was such a mess. You can not have a story where a character is literally taking over the world and not have it be a line wide event series. Kang destroyed entire cities, but not one other book eve touched on it.
    This is normal, not every massive story has to a line wide event

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    This is normal, not every massive story has to a line wide event
    But when a story is that big it pretty much has to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    He did also steal Ahura and the Inhumans went to get him back
    Would be cool having Ahura vs Kid Immortus plot point, for a Kang event. Immortus was introduced into the same FF story when Ahura joined them.

with Kang, how do you avoid the conceit of "another one" just immediately showing up after the most recent guy is sent back/defeated, etc.?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    with Kang, how do you avoid the conceit of "another one" just immediately showing up after the most recent guy is sent back/defeated, etc.?
    that's the neat thing you don't

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Wasn't there a whole thing about Kang stealing Janet and Havok's baby or something? What happened to that?
    Marvel ignored it. For the best because I'm not a fan of these child snatcher Kang plotlines.