Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you could move a hero to a different city.

One thing that’s notable about Marvel is that a good number of their heroes either live in, or based in New York City. So in this thread, we are going to talk about different cities we could base them in if we were the ones in charge and why. Now a major rule of this thread is that you can’t do heroes that are too heavily tied to New York. For example, you can’t move Spider-Man out since he’s THE New York superhero. The same goes for Daredevil and Luke Cage who are too heavily tied to certain parts of New York (Hells Kitchen and Harlem respectively). I’ll start.

Blue Marvel: Atlanta

Why? Well since the Civil Rights Era is a major part of Adam’s backstory, it feels right to move him here because so many Civil Rights icons are from/lived here such as Dr. King, C.T. Vivian, and John Lewis.Not to mention Atlanta has always been dubbed as “A city that’s too busy to hate”. That and Marvel always shoots their movies here so they owe us a hero to call our own. Lol.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 07-19-2021 at 05:05 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I would keep the Avengers out of New York.

I would move Moon Knight back to Chicago.

The FF should secretly have a home in New York but their lab/base should be in a desert just to keep people safe. They can teleport back and forward.

I would move the New Warriors out west - maybe be in LA (and I'm talking about the original team minus Rich).

In DC I would keep the Squadron (the real versions - not the demon clones) and have them be the US sponsored supers.

Spider-Man and Daredevil are so intertwine with NY they can't be anywhere else.
    Spider-Woman should move out west too -- possibly back to San Fran.

Captain Marvel should live in New England with her family as her supporting cast. I think one of her brothers is still alive.

Iron Fist would be more interesting outside of NY. Maybe San Francisco or Hong Kong?

I’d move Brother Voodoo to New Orleans since that city is well known for its history with voodoo. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member

Avengers out of NY.
    Miles and others Spiders somewhere outside of NY , san fran, etc.
    Spider-man already has NY in his veins, will help them differentiate.

Astonishing Member

I like the MCU's idea of Iron Man being stationed in LA.

Also, if Marvel isn't going to make Peter Parker and Miles Morales interact on a regular basis (which has generally been the trend since Miles' inception), then move Miles to LA. It would be cool if Peter was the East Coast Spider-Man and Miles is the West Coast Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I like the MCU's idea of Iron Man being stationed in LA.

Also, if Marvel isn't going to make Peter Parker and Miles Morales interact on a regular basis (which has generally been the trend since Miles' inception), then move Miles to LA. It would be cool if Peter was the East Coast Spider-Man and Miles is the West Coast Spider-Man.
    I love that idea for Miles. Plus it’ll make things easier for New Yorkers as they won’t have to say “which one?” when someone asks where Spidey is. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Luke Cage and Falcon for Detroit. That's all. (won't ever happen, alas, but anyway...)

Thor to Prestatyn.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I love that idea for Miles. Plus it’ll make things easier for New Yorkers as they won’t have to say “which one?” when someone asks where Spidey is. Lmao.
    It won't affect his Champions duties either, as he can either ask Nova (who also doesn't live in New York, he's from Carefree, Arizona) to carry him, or get Pinpoint to teleport him. They could explain the move as his Mom Rio wanting to move out of NY for baby Billie's safety, so Miles, freshly graduated from his high school Brooklyn Visions Academy, applies for a college on the West Coast instead of going to Empire State University. Ganke, of course, would move with him.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-19-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I think that LA is a tough city for heroes who don't fly or move fast.

I'm not thrilled that the X-Men are back in NYC. Assuming they needed to be US-based, LA would've been something different.

You could probably get away with Cap moving to Washington for a run or two, especially in a Winter Soldier-esque, political thriller direction.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Any place other than New York or California. I hate how everywhere else is treated as "flyover country".

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Luke Cage and Falcon for Detroit. That's all. (won't ever happen, alas, but anyway...)
    I think they would be a better fit for Chicago.

Iron Man and the Fantastic Four should be on the west coast

Falcon should be in Washington D.C.